Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

California Women’s March rally canceled

Wickian

14 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

It's hard to determine what they're fighting for; or, at least, not as easy to see whom they are fighting against.

They're fighting against common sense and liberty.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

It's hard to determine what they're fighting for; or, at least, not as easy to see whom they are fighting against.

I think that for many people protesting has become a hobby.  The causes and slogans are just an excuse, window dressing, like Christmas lights.  Their position is Anti- and there will always be something to be against. The activity is the thing.  A protest march is their parade, costumes and banners their floats.  It's a fun day out with like minded comrades.  There is plenty of evidence on video where participants in the cause du jour are clueless when asked to explain their positions.  Their reasons for being there are the same as for having a picnic.

• Like 4

Or... Some just like to be in a parade!    It's an ego thang

On 12/30/2018 at 8:01 PM, Big Jim said:

We're becoming a society where the covers are more important than the books.

That is such a good line, I thought it deserved a quote.

It seems so true.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, OverSword said:

They're fighting against common sense and liberty.

Use your brain or lose it, too many have lost it. Choosing to give their thinking over to others. That never works out in the end.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Big Jim said:

I think that for many people protesting has become a hobby.  The causes and slogans are just an excuse, window dressing, like Christmas lights.  Their position is Anti- and there will always be something to be against. The activity is the thing.  A protest march is their parade, costumes and banners their floats.  It's a fun day out with like minded comrades.  There is plenty of evidence on video where participants in the cause du jour are clueless when asked to explain their positions.  Their reasons for being there are the same as for having a picnic.

It's a messed-up society we've created for ourselves.

According to Gallup the two most admired men In the US are Obama and Trump.

According to Pew Research, only around 20% of the US public trust their Government "to do what is right".

:(

Edited by Eldorado

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

It's a messed-up society we've created for ourselves.

According to Gallup the two most admired men In the US are Obama and Trump.

According to Pew Research, only around 20% of the US public trust their Government "to do what is right".

:(

The two most admired men perfectly symbolize the division in the country.  Right-Left, Black-White, you might even be able to squeeze in Young-Old and Pragmatic-Effete.

I can't remember a time when there was ever trust in the government.  Without researching the history of polls, I might guess that 20% is even on the high side.  We have no one to blame but ourselves.  We repeatedly elect liars, crooks and snake oil salesmen and then get upset when they stay true to form.  For all his faults and peccadilloes I think Trump is the wrench in the works that was needed.  The entire government is freaking out over someone who can't be bought and doesn't care about their opinion of him.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

The two most admired men perfectly symbolize the division in the country.  Right-Left, Black-White, you might even be able to squeeze in Young-Old and Pragmatic-Effete.

I can't remember a time when there was ever trust in the government.  Without researching the history of polls, I might guess that 20% is even on the high side.  We have no one to blame but ourselves.  We repeatedly elect liars, crooks and snake oil salesmen and then get upset when they stay true to form.  For all his faults and peccadilloes I think Trump is the wrench in the works that was needed.  The entire government is freaking out over someone who can't be bought and doesn't care about their opinion of him.  

You've highlighted just how meaningless, or at least inadequate, the left-right spectrum is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Big Jim said:

I can't remember a time when there was ever trust in the government.  Without researching the history of polls, I might guess that 20% is even on the high side.

There was trust during the Eisenhower, Kennedy and Johnson Administrations.  http://www.people-press.org/2017/12/14/public-trust-in-government-1958-2017/

Today, we "admire" our best BSers while laughing, or crying, or yelling, about how untrustworthy and incompetent they are.

Poliiticians being the least trusted but voted as most admired merely shows that Joe Public is partial to BS himself.

And some self-delusion.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 1

Politicians are all crooks.   Amazing how many go from being in debt to millionaires almost overnight. 

• Like 3

On 1/3/2019 at 8:54 AM, Big Jim said:

I think that for many people protesting has become a hobby.

It is a kind of social festival for blue state liberals.

• Like 1