Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Warren takes step toward presidential run

Still Waters

US Democratic Senator Elizabeth Warren has announced that she is establishing an exploratory committee to consider a presidential run in 2020.

The move, the first by a high-profile Democrat for 2020, allows Ms Warren, 69, to ramp up her fundraising.

In October, Ms Warren revealed the results of a DNA test she said proved her Native American heritage after she was taunted by President Donald Trump.

It immediately sparked speculation that she would run for the presidency.

In a video address posted on social media on Monday, the progressive Massachusetts senator outlined her vision for a United States that she said would offer opportunities to all Americans.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46723627

• Haha 2

Before campaign, must gather big heap wampum.

Also, kind of a bad sign when one of your advisers is Mike Dukakis.

• Haha 6

I hope Pocahontas runs. If she's the Democratic candidate, Donald Trump is guaranteed a landslide victory.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Lord Harry said:

Slow Joe? Even better!

At this point in time I'll vote for the person that does the least damage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Pocahontas. meh!

Give me Joe Biden......

He's your's :w00t:  No charge!

• Haha 2

Pocahontas hasn't got a chance.

The DNA test she had done showed that she actually had less Indian DNA then the average American. And surprisingly, Libs turned on here because they know she used her "heritage" to get promoted at U of Pennsylvania and Harvard U.  She basically sucks. She's a Trokskyite Trogladite. 

If all the dems can come up with is Warren and Biden, they will lose in 2020. Ocasio-Cortez is one that could energize the loons, though.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

If all the dems can come up with is Warren and Biden, they will lose in 2020. Ocasio-Cortez is one that could energize the loons, though.

They're trying for Warren and Booker. You know the welfare profiteer who propped up N.J.s and P.A.s ****ty, leaky nuke plants and helped smash the biofuel industry. :yes:

Edited by Piney
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Ocasio-Cortez is one that could energize the loons, though.

I wonder sometimes if she really is stupid, or just trolling, politically.  

• Like 1

Just now, Piney said:

They're trying for Warren and Booker. You know the welfare profiteer who prooped up N.J.s and P.A.s ****ty, leaky nuke plants and helped smash the biofuel industry. :yes:

I can see it now... the DRIVING MISS DAISY ticket.  18 months of color commentary by Trump and the election will be a blessed relief just to make it all stop.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, and then said:

I can see it now... the DRIVING MISS DAISY ticket. 

More like Sacajawea the blind guide dog.

1 hour ago, The Caspian Hare said:

Before campaign, must gather big heap wampum.

:lol: Not from us! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, and then said:

I think she's just trying to boost her PC credentials with Democrat voters. We all know what a travesty it is if both candidates happen to be white males. LOL!

• Like 2

Elizabeth Warren is too far to the left to have a realistic chance of winning the presidency. In all honesty I'm not only glad she's running, but I hope she wins the Democratic primary.

It will guarantee four more years of the best American president since Ronald Reagan. 

Edited by Lord Harry
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Gather some wits and put a sock in it.

Here, bury hatchet and smokum peace pipe.

t2ifx3q85vyy.gif

3 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

The DNA test she had done showed that she actually had less Indian DNA then the average American. And surprisingly, Libs turned on here because they know she used her "heritage" to get promoted at U of Pennsylvania and Harvard U.  She basically sucks. She's a Trokskyite Trogladite. 

Normally I would say the past is the past and we should let sleeping dogs lie, but because she and her liberal colleagues are so big on using this kind of stuff for political leverage I say she's getting what she deserves.  Her and Ben Affleck with his slave-owning ancestors should have to face the same standard they insist on imposing on everyone else.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

What's with all these bloody dinosaurs running for president. For god sake, get some younger blood without all the damm baggage. 

Hank

• Like 3

3 hours ago, The Caspian Hare said:

Here, bury hatchet and smokum peace pipe.

t2ifx3q85vyy.gif

One, two, three, all together now- YOU RAYSUS!

This could end up being a godsend for the other dem candidates. By Warren running Trump has a bright and shiny object to obsess over with easy slogans and mockery for his base to parrot which could provide cover for the other candidates.

Trump: Warren's 'psychiatrist' knows whether she thinks she can win White House in 2020

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

What's with all these bloody dinosaurs running for president. For god sake, get some younger blood without all the damm baggage. 

Hank

It takes a certain amount of dinosaur-ness to be at the right point in life to run for President.  All that baggage is full of life experience.  The Constitution sets the minimum age for running for President at 35 at a time when the average life expectancy was barely longer than that.  Clearly they wanted exceptional people with the most experience to be the only ones to consider it.  By today's standards the minimum age should be around 65, at least.  I don't think it's an accident that most candidates are older.  There are a lot of peer review stages to pass before one can get the nomination and people tend to respect and support only those people with more experience than themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

It takes a certain amount of dinosaur-ness to be at the right point in life to run for President.  All that baggage is full of life experience.  The Constitution sets the minimum age for running for President at 35 at a time when the average life expectancy was barely longer than that.  Clearly they wanted exceptional people with the most experience to be the only ones to consider it.  By today's standards the minimum age should be around 65, at least.  I don't think it's an accident that most candidates are older.  There are a lot of peer review stages to pass before one can get the nomination and people tend to respect and support only those people with more experience than themselves.

Except those older candidates are set in their ways and are always out of touch with the younger folk. They also seem a little more susceptible to bribes.

Hank

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Except those older candidates are set in their ways and are always out of touch with the younger folk. They also seem a little more susceptible to bribes.

Hank

I was merely trying to answer your question about why most candidates are usually older.  I wasn't addressing the differences between the generations.  But since you brought it up, I think a case could be made that the Founders wanted a country that was set in its ways.  The Constitution clearly establishes a government where change is difficult.  They deliberately set it up with built in barriers and logjams so that change was possible but could only happen slowly.  It's a protection against fads and whims and vagaries of fashion or personalities. 

If older politicians seem more susceptible to bribes, perhaps it is because they have more of value to sell.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, and then said:

I don't like her any more than you but I really see her as the leader of the "new left" or neolibs, who want to take that "big step forward".

Hate to admit it, Ocasio-Cortez is a weapon because she represents a new wave. I pity the future of America.

• Thanks 1