Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Abilities Enhancing

soulseeker

I have always been an empath. Not empathetic, but an actual empath. I have had prophetic dreams.

But lately it is as if my abilities have taken off as well as new ones developing or enhancing that I had no prior knowledge of. I dont want to get into details as I really dont want to sound crazy. But some of these enhancements are actually starting to scare me. To add to the confusion I also suffer from dissociative Identity Disorder among other mental health issues.

the thing is its not just me but other members of my family that have noticed these enhancements.

I am not looking for a your crazy or your psychic convo here, I have that with myself every day.

My question is are there any relevant similar cases that I could locate and study via internet that are like mine. either recently or in the past.

I will also say I was conceived on an important date in May of 1980 and was born on a significant day in history in mid march of 1981 (research significant weather anomalies and relevant histories for yourself) and yes I am aware that sounds crazy and many peoples gestation was during that period but inbox me for more details as to why I believe and my family believe that holds special significance for me.

anyway anyone who can help with something definitive I can research it would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Empathy is the results of mirror neurons. Most people have a limited form of predictive ability called foresight. We also have something called confirmation bias as well. 

• Like 5

is that a blanket reply for you? Ive seen you post the same thing in multiple convos.

anyway as I stated I am not looking for its real its not real elementry arguments. I am looking for any available know studies or cases.

But thank you for your response.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, soulseeker said:

is that a blanket reply for you? Ive seen you post the same thing in multiple convos.

anyway as I stated I am not looking for its real its not real elementry arguments. I am looking for any available know studies or cases.

But thank you for your response.

It's real and it's a psychological response to a real or imagined stimuli. I've said what I had to say. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, soulseeker said:

My question is are there any relevant similar cases that I could locate and study via internet that are like mine. either recently or in the past.

Hi,

Would you be open to researching channeled information? Does it need to be specific examples similar to your experiences?

John

23 hours ago, soulseeker said:

I am looking for any available know studies or cases.

So are we.  There aren't any, afaik.  But if you find one (or anyone has one) please cite it here.

And can you explain how you draw the line between being empathetic, and 'an actual empath' - I wasn't aware of any special meaning in that sense.

I can't help suggesting that the line would be whether abilities beyond that explained by 'normal' empathy, are proven, which, frankly, shouldn't be difficult.  Which takes us full circle.  Citations please..

• Like 2

And just to clarify - it's *possible* that there is some hitherto unknown ability out there, perhaps involving some type of transmission/reception mechanism that we don't yet understand.

But, unless and until we have actual evidence of that occurring, the point is moot,... 

• Like 2

On 12/31/2018 at 3:28 PM, soulseeker said:

I have always been an empath. Not empathetic, but an actual empath. I have had prophetic dreams.

Hypersensitivity to certain cues is not a psychic power and can be taught to anyone. I have autism and was still trained to "cold read" by my grandfather and uncle.

The future is not set. It's one big spiderweb fanning outward. The best worker can't make accurate predictions just projections. 

• Like 3

My explaination from one psychic to another. It is like sitting in a room full of windows all around but shades cover each one.

When I consciously wondered if I might be able to do, this or that psychically, it is ad if that shafe is suddenly pulled up and I start naturally being able to do that new idea. It is law if attraction internally, like turning on that ability with the awareness that it exists ad the switch. You will be ok.

• 4 weeks later...

I feel like I'm in a similar situation. Years ago when I learned about what an empath truly is I've been looking for answers to so many questions. I'd love to talk about some of our experiences and see if it's anything similar to mine.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/01/2019 at 8:00 AM, ChrLzs said:

So are we.  There aren't any, afaik.  But if you find one (or anyone has one) please cite it here.

And can you explain how you draw the line between being empathetic, and 'an actual empath' - I wasn't aware of any special meaning in that sense.

I can't help suggesting that the line would be whether abilities beyond that explained by 'normal' empathy, are proven, which, frankly, shouldn't be difficult.  Which takes us full circle.  Citations please..

OK. For once, your response shows an openness of reason. So I'll reply in turn.  As it seems all to many shy away from the bullies shouting, leading a path for others to pick up stones and follow suite. Let's remember,  unlike religion, those gifted. Don't force this belief onto others. And I can't forget of course (because predictable as this is) not all, In fact many more then not.  Do not take money for what abilities they have. 

Before I go on. I find it interesting that you ask or can't find the relationship between the two? Google is littered with the subject. Much can be repeated,  I agree.  But to simply find "if" there is a difference would take minutes to find. 

That said. From my experience. Empathy is an emotion triggered by events or such. And that's all it is. 

The individual (physically) feels there 'own' emotionals.

Those with Empathic sense differ much. One can physically feel the emotions of others. Where many get confused here is: These emotions are felt by the empathetic in real time.  Not after the event. It should be noted, the empath can feel the others emotions with out (and often is the case) seeing, hearing of knowing the whearabouts of the other person experiencing there grief. Distance too, has no effect. 

For many empaths. Tho they may physically feel another emotions. They may not know whom it's from. While others, not only know who. But have a close idea to why. This being basic heartbreak or struggles. Death and mourning on the other hand is obvious to the empath. They will feel what the grieving recipient feels in real time with equal intensity. Regardless where each is,  regardless what the empty may be doing. 

It may be misunderstood also. That empaths feel 'others' emotions at random. This isn't so for the most part (others may disagree). Mostly an empath has some connection to the recipient they receive emotions. They are family,  friends or partners etc. However this can be broad in view and opinions. 

Lastly. Empaths can not control the sensations. At least not fully. It's like the cold.  You can block it from your mind,  only for so long. 

Research has been studied for many years on this very subject much of showing signs of valitity. As has been with any other abilities.

Edited by Solo Kind
Added information

8 hours ago, Solo Kind said:

OK. For once, your response shows an openness of reason. So I'll reply in turn.

Ditto.

As it seems all to many shy away from the bullies shouting...

I'm sorry, but I think this is a copout - playing the bullying card when people are simply disputing or debating.  If anyone is getting bullied, there is a report button right there on every post.

Let's remember,  unlike religion, those gifted. Don't force this belief onto others.

Some do.  Some charge for it.

I find it interesting that you ask or can't find the relationship between the two? Google is littered with the subject.

Spare me the handwave and just supply the best citation you have.

That said. From my experience. Empathy is an emotion triggered by events or such. And that's all it is.

And there's your problem.  These alleged 'abilities' (not gifts) is not just the ability to be empathetic towards emotions, it also includes intuition, cold and warm-reading, life experience, kindness.  Or if you are a hoaxer, trickery.

If there is something beyond what is explainable by those skills, it would be testable.  So what exactly are you claiming? - give an example, or give a citation of where something *evidenced* was not possibly just a good guess, or an intuitive response...

Research has been studied for many years on this very subject much of showing signs of valitity. As has been with any other abilities.

Don't get me qrong, I think having empathetic skills and deep intuition, along with other abilities like detecting/reading emotional states, are all incredibly valuable as a life skills.  We should celebrate and encourage that.

But you are claiming something beyond that - so post a link showing the best example.  And may I point out that asking you for references and telling you to stop handwaving - which is what you are doing - is not bullying....  If you think it is, please report this post.

I'm sorry, but I think this is a copout - playing the bullying card when people are simply disputing or debating.  If anyone is getting bullied, there is a report button right there on every post.

Maybe my original reply come across a little brash in parts? I have good reason, my comment stands! So here we go.
I dont have a problem with any one debating a topic/subject/reason. Thats all well and fair. What gets under my skin here is. In the years I have been coming here to browse, or just fill in time out of curiosity, what ever the reason. This forum, in most parts the topics under the metaphysical banner. Has become so predictable as to what and often who will comment "There" opinions. Im not even remotely joking.. Its borderline text book.
Thats fine in general. Hell, i'll dismiss the fact that any such session, brief as they are. The same names arise.. Again, sharing there views. The, with out fail. some will follow suit. Its like a door has been opened for ridicule. or share there disbelief.. Because any one spends enough time on here would already KNOW what they think.
And why? Do these ppl have no damn life out side the restraints of there own keyboard. ffs! It gets old ppl. You have no idea, how damn childish it looks out side this little boys club that exists.

quote Some do.  Some charge for it.

Not overly relevant. But for what its worth. I guess it comes from where we see this happening.
From my experiences on the subject. As it is a topic I do venture for reason. I don't see many if ever actually, pushing there views. Maybe on this platform, it differs? Tho this platform isn't the best in finding those with abilities.

Charging. then yes, of course. That wasn't a matter of discussion, tho would have risen eventually. To which, Any time some one has a gift, skill, trade. That can in turn be sold for a price. If that market exists of course. Thats the world we live. Weather we agree is subject to the individual.

quote  Spare me the handwave and just supply the best citation you have.

No! To be so blunt. if you had done so, perhaps your argument may have some substance. But again the same repeated argument seen all to often here. No, Im sorry. For my tolerance of people that demand they know a subject, with out first doing at least the basic of research before clutching at what limited information they first derive from?
I really don't mean to come across as I'm a pig headed A.. But take a moment to stand in our shoes if you will. Your belief of little evidence that supports the claims of existence is one thing.
Yet you understand not one single thing about it. I guess there was no point? Carry on as you where…. And I could leave it right here and just walk away.
But, I'll pay the request its dues. For what its worth, this isn't. And surely won't be a troll fest. I'll answer/ correct some comments. And leave it for those whom wish to learn on there own time.

quote And there's your problem.  These alleged 'abilities' (not gifts) is not just the ability to be empathetic towards emotions, it also includes intuition, cold and warm-reading, life experience, kindness.  Or if you are a hoaxer, trickery.

If there is something beyond what is explainable by those skills, it would be testable.  So what exactly are you claiming? - give an example, or give a citation of where something *evidenced* was not possibly just a good guess, or an intuitive response...

Well ok, here we start to get into the crust of it. These 'Alledged' abilities, can be questioned, as said. Again. A little understanding goes a long way.
Empathy exists regardless. Only by its degree of the individual will this change. It has nothing to do with the experience of the person in grief. Nor the recipient receiving. Its a random event. Its not asked for. It can't be brought on by will. It isn't controlled.
I repeat, Distance has no effect. Nor do you have to have the person present (Prior) for this event to take place. For some reason you all seem to cling to this theory that this is cold reading via 'Talking, seeing, or understanding' their situation before the empathic experiences.
So no, Intuition has noting to do with it.

Empaths have been studied. I have never had a need to seek them out. So I don't have anything to offer. Nor do i have names, same deal. What purpose would this information serve myself?

I have an easier idea. Links after all just get dismissed. Rather throw the Google page at you again. Lets try something a little different. After all, you guys are all for study :D
A fb page I used to be a member from. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1704575283119363/?_rdc=1&_rdr Australian Paranormal,  Psychic and Medium readings, and the Unexplained.
Become a member and ask for Jill. Word of warning lol, she cracks a wip, and takes no bs. Rules are firm and cheap talk will have you out the door. Fakeness is seen. While it may slide for a time. Cold or any other readings with out being verified by admin is Strictly not allowed. To become verified, you have to read an Admin. Not once, but multiple times (at least I had too- yes I passed).

Of course you won't be a reader. But you can observe. What I suggest is be openly honest with Jill or the admin, Mary perhaps. And ask if you can view what and how things are done. Ask questions. I do know of one lady that had done so. She was a Big James Randy fan actually. Her reasoning was to observe and judge. NOT from one side, but both.

Times up. I will come back.

Edit: If it come to it. My name is Dan. Tell Jill or Marry I say Hi :)

Edited by Solo Kind
Adding my Name

On 12/02/2019 at 7:47 PM, Solo Kind said:

I dont have a problem with any one debating a topic/subject/reason.

Indeed.  If otherwise, I repeat, you should report those posts rather than handwave about the 'problem'.

This forum ... Has become so predictable as to what and often who will comment "There" opinions.

Funny that.  When I see documentaries on telly, it's also very  predictable (- Dave Attenborough, Brian Cox, Carl Sagan, etc.  Same old....:)   The reason I put up with this highly predictable repetition is that they usually know what they are talking about.  And ask reasonable questions.  And show reasonable evidence.

Im not even remotely joking.. Its borderline text book.

Why is it a problem?  If someone asks politely, or disputes something that is disputable/unsupported.... well, isn't that what discussion means?  I, and Piney and others are (quite politely, I thought) offering up some topics for discussion.  To no response.  And like it or not, before you jump to someone having a 'gift' beyond normalcy, I think it's fair and advisable to discuss the 'accepted' explanations... 

Its like a door has been opened for ridicule. or share there disbelief..

Where were you ridiculed?  Show me and I'll report the author too!  If asking questions and offering explanations is somehow ridicule, may I suggest a blog might be more suitable than a site that explores mysteries in depth.

And why? Do these ppl have no damn life out side the restraints of there own keyboard. ffs! It gets old ppl.
You have no idea, how damn childish it looks out side this little boys club that exists.

Angry ad hominems much?  You need to check the mirror for the irony of your argument - you were ridiculed, you say...?  Read back what you just wrote.

No, Im sorry. For my tolerance of people that demand they know a subject, with out first doing at least the basic of research before clutching at what limited information they first derive from?

So no, you don't have any citations.  That's ok, but please don't claim you have seen research and expect that to be accepted as Gospel.

Its a random event. Its not asked for. It can't be brought on by will. It isn't controlled.

Why is that?  You would have to concede that it seems a rather perfect way to avoid any scrutiny or testing or verification...  And without a reasonable example, how can we not be sure it isn't empathy, intuition, synchronicity, or just a random coincidence?

Empaths have been studied.

See my note above.  Why not post a link to the best study you've found?

I have never had a need to seek them out. So I don't have anything to offer.

Mmm.

Nor do i have names, same deal. What purpose would this information serve myself?

I have an easier idea. Links after all just get dismissed.

No, they get examined.  Maybe some folks do dismiss them out of hand, and you can then dismiss their dismissal similarly.  Me, I read them and I can pretty quickly tell if they were done properly.  If they not done properly, rigorously, I will explain why.  Again, that's discussion.  As it should be.

Rather {than} throw the Google page at you again. Lets try something a little different. After all, you guys are all for study :D
A fb page I used to be a member from. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1704575283119363/?_rdc=1&_rdr Australian Paranormal,  Psychic and Medium readings, and the Unexplained.
Become a member and ask for Jill. Word of warning lol, she cracks a wip, and takes no bs. Rules are firm and cheap talk will have you out the door. Fakeness is seen. While it may slide for a time. Cold or any other readings with out being verified by admin is Strictly not allowed. To become verified, you have to read an Admin. Not once, but multiple times (at least I had too- yes I passed).

Why not just link us to such an event happening?  Or is this all private - if it is, then forgive me for dismissing it.  What is fair for one side is fair for the other side...  Would you concede that there is a possibility that such a reading amongst the already convinced might involve some fairly obvious bias towards 'success' (I'm guessing the judging is subjective and likely uncheckable)?  If we had some examples to discuss, I'd be happy to explain my position.

...ask if you can view what and how things are done. Ask questions. I do know of one lady that had done so. She was a Big James Randy fan actually. Her reasoning was to observe and judge. NOT from one side, but both.

Again - link?

Me, I find there is beauty and complexity and immense wonder in the powers of our minds in regards to things like intuition, our ability to read situations, the way we are constantly trying to find synchronicity, patterns and 'meanings' in everything we see or hear about or remember.  The more I study and think about those skills, the more I understand and can explain .. without resorting to magic or paranormalcy...  My mind is wide open .. to anything that is properly evidenced.

@soulseeker

I wouldn't know how to research it, but can't you just go with the flow?  You may develop or lose certain abilities, but only time will tell.

I am psychic, and I consider it both a blessing and a curse. But, overall, it's better to know things than not, even if it occasionally causes distress to some degree.

Without doubt, you will either use it or lose it. That's your choice.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Soulseeker. 

I have had D.I.D. What i learned is that Ihave invited these spirits in my life. And all i had to do was kick them out of my body. I did this brcause my life was just unmanageable. I that state of D.I.D.  if that is how you feel just kick them out. You are more powerful then you know. Yes some where nice some where nature and some where bad. But i wanted to live my own life. It was hard but worth it in the end. 

If you do this you will realize your abilities might be theres not yours and you will naturally learn them being you.

• 3 weeks later...

Yap, precognitive dreams are real. So many people had them and have them. Just relax and accept your gift whatever that it is.

• Like 1

On 31/12/2018 at 8:37 PM, XenoFish said:

Empathy is the results of mirror neurons.

What are Mirror Neurons?