Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Broke my back

docyabut2

Oh docy :cry: I hope everything is healing well for you. Don't try to do such heavy things alone again. It's good to see you posting. Best wishes for a happy, healthy 2019.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

So sorry to hear about your troubles, docy. I hope you are well soon and back here regularly. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hey man,

I feel your pain....literally...i can barely walk!  I don't know what I did, but a few days ago I injured my back working and now I have an excruciating pain in my right hip.  Every step is incredibly painful.  Has been for days.  

My thoughts are with you!  Just an FYI...before you have surgery, please get a second and third opinion....

....I know from experience, if you ask a surgeon for an opinion....they will tell you that you need surgery....it's what they do.

Thinking of you....hope all works out for the best.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I'm sorry for your trouble, Docy.  I hope you get back to a pain-free normal, soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, joc said:

Hey man,

I feel your pain....literally...i can barely walk!  I don't know what I did, but a few days ago I injured my back working and now I have an excruciating pain in my right hip.  Every step is incredibly painful.  Has been for days.  

My thoughts are with you!  Just an FYI...before you have surgery, please get a second and third opinion....

....I know from experience, if you ask a surgeon for an opinion....they will tell you that you need surgery....it's what they do.

Thinking of you....hope all works out for the best.  

I am a she :) and after being in bed for two weeks in screaming pain in just moving. I went to the hospital the Docs said I had to be off my blood thinners for more 27 days to have the surgery. So after 27days of the more pain I went in for that schedule  surgery.  Got on the cart and a had a IV in. Ready to go into the surgery and the Doc came in; the Doc said you don't need the  surgery you`d healed :oso less pain is all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm so glad you didn't need the surgery. Heal well friend.

• Like 1

I feel you  have pulled mussels in my back  3 four tiimes :-( Some may laugh at injuries like these these but they can be incredible painful. always seek medical attention if you injure your back.

Edited by Avalanche
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

I am a she :) and after being in bed for two weeks in screaming pain in just moving. I went to the hospital the Docs said I had to be off my blood thinners for more 27 days to have the surgery. So after 27days of the more pain I went in for that schedule  surgery.  Got on the cart and a had a IV in. Ready to go into the surgery and the Doc came in; the Doc said you don't need the  surgery you`d healed :oso less pain is all.

Hey Girl,

So sorry you are in so much pain.  Glad you don't need surgery and hopefully the pain will subside continually and totally.  I pulled a muscle in my back and have acute Sciatica.. it is excruciating.  No matter which way I move it is like a knife.  Not complaining....just saying I really do feel your pain.  It wasn't as bad until I went against my wife's warnings and put a vibrator to my back....totally exacerbated everything.  Constant pain...no relief...no position helps.  

I hope you feel better soon docyabut2!  Pain is an interesting thing.  We can remember having it...but it is only when we are in excruciating pain that we relive those memories so vividly.  A friend once told me that there is joy in everything...even in pain...I'm attempting to find the joy in this...but it is as of now somewhat illusive.   All the best to you my dear!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've pulled the muscles in my back before also. I don't like getting older.

Get better docyabut. :tu:

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

I don't like getting older.

But the alternative is even less appealing ?

• Like 1

Hope you get well soon!

28 minutes ago, Habitat said:

But the alternative is even less appealing ?

And? Obviously, it's better than what you brought up, but that's not the point. Nobody wants any complications from growing older 

No-one "wants" difficulties, no matter what they stem from.

Edited by Habitat

9 minutes ago, Habitat said:

No-one "wants" difficulties, no matter what they stem from.

So we're just stating the obvious and not reading into context huh?

• Like 1

Wishing you a speedy recovery. I hope Physiotherapy is involved. Good luck.