Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elixirs of Immortal Life a Deadly Obsession

rashore

35 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Ah... A new Slytherin student is Sorted.

Dagnabit, give a girl a "Cat & Coffee" warning next time!!!  The cat and keyboard got a bath!

:cat:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

You telling others to stay on topic? Now I'm finally laughing too! You get ten to match.

ten what?

21 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

In the midst of the Garden of Eden there's a tree whose fruit, once eaten, will give eternal life, immortality.

Interesting post, there is some debate that the tree of life and the tree of knowledge (good and evil) were not the same tree. However there is a interesting point of view that the tree of life was in a sense Jesus (offering internal life in heaven). 

http://www.biblebb.com/files/spurgeon/3251.htm

The tree of Knowledge in essence stripped Man (and Woman) of eternal life and the only way to get back to it was via Jesus (again in heaven and not on earth) so the comparison you make does not refer to eternal life (immortality) in the sense of this debate, albeit a interesting point of view. This debate is about immortality on earth in human form (or as close as possible) and not a debate on a more spiritual nature of everlasting life in the kingdom of God (heaven). 

Edited by Peter Cox

22 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

Only one elixir gives immortality, knowledge. Knowledge as to which fruit to eat of the tree of good & evil.

Please elaborate on this, as the bible makes no reference to what fruit on the tree did what. The whole tree gave Adam and Even knowledge (the whole realizing they were naked) however it also stripped from them their spiritual connection to Jesus. So every fruit did the same thing on the tree from what the scripture says.

At no pint does it say the low hanging fruit would cause knowledge and the ones in the middle wisdom and the ones at the top would kill them.

22 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

Only one elixir gives immortality, knowledge. Knowledge as to which fruit to eat of the tree of good & evil.

well that knowledge was supposed to be written on an emerald. how much knowledge can you possibly etch on a small emerald?    

22 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

well that knowledge was supposed to be written on an emerald. how much knowledge can you possibly etch on a small emerald?    

“Don’t be a d*******” doesn’t take up a lot of room.

• Like 3

Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

“Don’t be a d*******” doesn’t take up a lot of room.

hahahahahahahahah 

7 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Says who?

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Thoth knows..... (shrugs)

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Hermes apparently.

1. em·er·ald
    [ˈem(ə)rəld]
    NOUN
    emeralds (plural noun)
    1. a bright green precious stone consisting of a chromium-rich variety of beryl.
    2. a bright green color like that of an emerald.
      "the leaves are emerald green"
      synonyms:
      greenish · viridescent · olive green · pea green · emerald green ·
      lime green · bottle green · Lincoln green · sea green · sage green · acid green · eau de Nil · aquamarine · aqua · virescent · glaucous
    3. a small hummingbird with bright metallic green plumage and darker wings and tail, found mainly in the area of the Caribbean and Central America.
    ADJECTIVE
    1. bright green in color.
      "beyond the airport lay emerald hills"

We might not know what the "emerald tablets" are made of.  

I don't understand why you say it was "supposed to be written" when in point of fact the Emerald Tablets of Hermes existed in some form and the translation still apparently survives.  

You're assuming it was small but it couldn't hold the words if it were;

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, cladking said:
  1. em·er·ald
    [ˈem(ə)rəld]

NOUN
    emeralds (plural noun)
    1. a bright green precious stone consisting of a chromium-rich variety of beryl.
    2. a bright green color like that of an emerald.
      "the leaves are emerald green"
      synonyms:
      greenish · viridescent · olive green · pea green · emerald green ·
      lime green · bottle green · Lincoln green · sea green · sage green · acid green · eau de Nil · aquamarine · aqua · virescent · glaucous
    3. a small hummingbird with bright metallic green plumage and darker wings and tail, found mainly in the area of the Caribbean and Central America.
    ADJECTIVE
    1. bright green in color.
      "beyond the airport lay emerald hills"

We might not know what the "emerald tablets" are made of.  

I don't understand why you say it was "supposed to be written" when in point of fact the Emerald Tablets of Hermes existed in some form and the translation still apparently survives.  

You're assuming it was small but it couldn't hold the words if it were;

well done, cladking. nail on head. its not the literal meaning BUT the secret is simple and everyone can find it and have access to it. 

On 1/11/2019 at 5:04 PM, Captain Risky said:

well done, cladking. nail on head. its not the literal meaning BUT the secret is simple and everyone can find it and have access to it. 

Not really how alchemy works. Pretty much the opposite. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:04 PM, Captain Risky said:

...the secret is simple and everyone can find it and have access to it. 

http://www.the-book-of-thoth.com/content-157.html

Indeed!  But everyone knows ancient people were superstitious and lacked science.  It follows they couldn't have left the answers in plain sight or any clues to anything they couldn't understand.  

As long as Homo Omnisciencis rules we may never know anything at all.  

Sir Isaac Newton mustta been mad when he studied this material.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/11/2019 at 9:32 AM, cladking said:

Says who?

Well that ends 1,160 days without Cladking  - back from your self-imposed exile?

I suggest you go full Cladking here Sam: I suspect you need to unload all your great ideas once again, followed by relentless and endless repetition.

.....you previously only posted 8,768 times - I recommend you double that in the next six months.

Start with geysers!

Enjoy and adieu!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Well that ends 1,160 days without Cladking  - back from your self-imposed exile?

I suggest you go full Cladking here Sam: I suspect you need to unload all your great ideas once again, followed by relentless and endless repetition.

.....you previously only posted 8,768 times - I recommend you double that in the next six months.

Start with geysers!

Enjoy and adieu!

Why do you hate all of us? :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, kmt_sesh said:

Why do you hate all of us? :(

I need a reason?

In lieu of cash money as a gift to redeem myself I will give you my best ancient Egyptian etching

Spoiler

848pznl.png

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

I need a reason?

In lieu of cash money as a gift to redeem myself I will give you my best ancient Egyptian etching

Hide contents

848pznl.png

The feeding of the sacred bin chicken.

Woo teats.

Harte

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 8:45 PM, Harte said:

Woo teats.

Harte

I'm not clear here. Are you saying those teats are a deadly obsession or an elixir to immortal life?

9 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

I'm not clear here. Are you saying those teats are a deadly obsession or an elixir to immortal life?

They might be the only way mortal man can achieve immortality. 

Hell, they work pretty goodly for babies. 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

I'm saying I need sustenance. Lot's of sweet,sweet milk of the woo teat.

Harte

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Harte said:

I'm saying I need sustenance. Lot's of sweet,sweet milk of the woo teat.

Harte

Well, stick around. There's always some to be had in these parts.

• Like 1