Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ezekiel

Duke Wellington

Can anybody (Jewish, Christian, Muslim) explain to me Ezekiel's vision? I am understanding the steps of creation correctly:

My interpretation is that God created four entities which have multiple faces and from those four entities the world comes into existence. I see that as non-duality collapsing into space, time, matter, and individual mind fragments, and then from those four the universe is built up. Is that correct?

I will toss some numerology into your pot. 4 is seen as the stable number, like four legs of a table, and the basis of Creation/stability.

On 1/3/2019 at 10:35 AM, RabidMongoose said:

Can anybody (Jewish, Christian, Muslim) explain to me Ezekiel's vision? I am understanding the steps of creation correctly:

My interpretation is that God created four entities which have multiple faces and from those four entities the world comes into existence. I see that as non-duality collapsing into space, time, matter, and individual mind fragments, and then from those four the universe is built up. Is that correct?

"The purpose of the four living creatures also has to do with declaring the holiness of God and leading in worship and adoration of God, and they are involved in some way with God’s justice, for when He opens the first four seals and sends out the four horsemen to destroy, their powerful voices, like thunder, command “come” (6:1–8). The horsemen respond to the summons of the four powerful creatures, indicating the power the creatures possess. That power is seen again in Revelation 15:7 when one of the four unleashes the last seven plagues of God’s wrath on mankind." - https://www.gotquestions.org/four-living-creatures.html

We can ask questions similar to those proposed in the movie clip above, to help determine this.

They appear to be part of the family of God, in that Creation reflects their image, also. 

They also appear to be communication directors, giving orders to the angels.

This is what they do .....

Edited by Raptor Witness

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

Ok so no one knows?

I don’t think the writer had physics in mind. ;)

• Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:35 AM, RabidMongoose said:

The four LIVING CREATURES are CHERUBIMS (Refer Ezekiel 10 :20, 21).

In describing the four living creatures, John says that the first "beast" was like a LION. A LION is the "King of the beasts" and represents majesty. Thus Christ is portrayed in the Gospel of Mathew as "King of Kings".

The Second living creature is said to be "like a calf". The word translated "calf" can also be translated as "bullock" or "heifer".  This of course, was an animal frequently used for sacrifice. CHRIST here is portrayed as "Sacrifice" for our sins. Mark in his Gospel presents "CHRIST as the SERVANT who was to be sacrificed."

The Third living creature "had a face as a man". The third creature would represent CHRIST as a MAN. The Gospel of Luke presents CHRIST as the Perfect Man. Also, as described in Philippians 2, Christ left His position of Glory with the Father and became a man so that He might die on the cross for our sin.

The fourth living creature was "like a flying EAGLE".  The eagle symbolizes Sovereignty and Supremacy. Thus the living creature represents CHRIST in all his DEITY. The Apostle John in his  Gospel presents JESUS CHRIST as the SON OF GOD and shows His relationship with heaven.  http://www.wogim.org/r4lcreat.htm

These four creatures according to Revelation 4:8 'rest not day and night saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.' We know by this description of their words that they are speaking of the Trinity(God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.) The three are one and the one has always been, having No beginning or end. 

According to the Holy Bible, Jesus Christ is the beginning of all Creation. John 3:1-3 'In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word is God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made.' This is speaking of all Things, whether they be in Heaven, which is God's throne, or on earth, or any where else that has existence.

You were, IMO, close to understanding Ezekiel's Vision. What these four living creatures are, are a description of the distinctive nature of the One who created all things, Christ Jesus.

This is of course just my understanding. I hope this helps you.     

Edited by Ogbin
adding link.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ogbin said:

In describing the four living creatures, John says that the first "beast" was like a LION. A LION is the "King of the beasts" and represents majesty. Thus Christ is portrayed in the Gospel of Mathew as "King of Kings".

The Second living creature is said to be "like a calf". The word translated "calf" can also be translated as "bullock" or "heifer".  This of course, was an animal frequently used for sacrifice. CHRIST here is portrayed as "Sacrifice" for our sins. Mark in his Gospel presents "CHRIST as the SERVANT who was to be sacrificed."

The Third living creature "had a face as a man". The third creature would represent CHRIST as a MAN. The Gospel of Luke presents CHRIST as the Perfect Man. Also, as described in Philippians 2, Christ left His position of Glory with the Father and became a man so that He might die on the cross for our sin.

The fourth living creature was "like a flying EAGLE".  The eagle symbolizes Sovereignty and Supremacy. Thus the living creature represents CHRIST in all his DEITY. The Apostle John in his  Gospel presents JESUS CHRIST as the SON OF GOD and shows His relationship with heaven.

These four creatures according to Revelation 4:8 'rest not day and night saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.' We know by this description of their words that they are speaking of Christ.

According to the Holy Bible, Jesus Christ is the beginning of all Creation. John 3:1-3 'In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word is God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made.' This is speaking of all Things, whether they be in Heaven, which is God's throne, or on earth, or any where else that has existence.

You were, IMO, close to understanding Ezekiel's Vision. What these four living creatures are, are a description of the distinctive nature of the One who created all things, Christ Jesus.

Cherub, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherub

220px-Tetramorph_meteora.jpg

I know. But it's not what you want it to be. 

I detailed it in the UFO section some years ago. 

Edit: Holy cow I found it.

Yes Gods envisioned as riding magical space chariots as they wander (planets) the heavens was popular.

Ezekiel is just propaganda promoting Yahweh as being above other winged Pagan deities.

Of course this is too mundane for the OP.

Edited by MERRY DMAS
  • Like 2

On ‎06‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 9:40 PM, Ogbin said:

The fourth living creature was "like a flying EAGLE".  The eagle symbolizes Sovereignty and Supremacy. Thus the living creature represents CHRIST in all his DEITY. The Apostle John in his  Gospel presents JESUS CHRIST as the SON OF GOD and shows His relationship with heaven.  http://www.wogim.org/r4lcreat.htm

These four creatures according to Revelation 4:8 'rest not day and night saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.' We know by this description of their words that they are speaking of the Trinity(God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.) The three are one and the one has always been, having No beginning or end. 

This is the nearest to the kind of replies I`m after (no offence to others).

I know that the Zohar says the lion, calf, Christ, and eagle are to do with upper forces outside of our reality. And that creation comes from them, but I dont understand what those forces are as everything is hidden behind symbolism and allegory

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

I know that the Zohar says the lion, calf, Christ, and eagle are to do with upper forces outside of our reality. And that creation comes from them, but I dont understand what those forces are as everything is hidden behind symbolism and allegory

Hi RapidMongoose

Lion, ox, eagle, and man are the symbols of the four evangelical apostles from what I remember.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Evangelists

jmccr8

2 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

They are in the first 5 books not the New Testament.

Hi RapidMongoose

Did you read the link?

jmccr8

55 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi RapidMongoose

Did you read the link?

jmccr8

Since it does not link the OT, and the ancient near east philosophy with 11 dimensional hyperspace he's not interested.

Edited by MERRY DMAS
  • Like 1

Just now, MERRY DMAS said:

Since it does not link the OT, and the ancient near east philosophy with 11 dimensional hyperspace he's not interested.

Hi MERRY DMAS

Oh, I see, so we are not looking for an answer then.:lol:

jmccr8

14 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi MERRY DMAS

Oh, I see, so we are not looking for an answer then.:lol:

jmccr8

Hey.

Only full on woo non-answers accepted.

It's like getting excited to read "Astrology for Dummies".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi RapidMongoose

Did you read the link?

jmccr8

Ok I looked again, thats at odds with the Torah

6 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Ok I looked again, thats at odds with the Torah

In iconography, the evangelists often appear in Evangelist portraits derived from classical tradition, and are also frequently represented by the symbols which originate from the four "living creatures" that draw the throne-chariot of God, the Merkabah, in the vision in the Book of Ezekiel (Chapter 1) reflected in the Book of Revelation (4.6-9ff), though neither source links the creatures to the Evangelists. Images normally, but not invariably, appear with wings like angels.[5][6] When the symbols of the Four Evangelists appear together, it is called a Tetramorph, and is common in the Romanesque art of Europe, in church frescoes or mural paintings, for instance

First paragraph clearly references Ezekiel

jmccr8.

Edited by jmccr8

Just a Jewish version of a God in a winged sky chariot. The author of Ezekiel is just making Yahweh above the other Gods.

O28.2Triptolemos.jpg

"Triptolemus departs in a winged, serpent-drawn chariot. He is flanked by the goddesses Persephone and Demeter. Persephone and Triptolemus hold sheafs of grain in their hands, Demeter bears a cup and jug."

ca 470 - 460 B.C.

https://www.theoi.com/Gallery/O28.2.html

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:08 AM, RabidMongoose said:

I know that the Zohar says the lion, calf, Christ, and eagle are to do with upper forces outside of our reality

I know according to scripture(the Bible) that Christ is the Creator of everything. He is the Word of God.

John 1:1-3,  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  The same was in the beginning with God.  All things were made by Him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Colossians 1:16,17, For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him: And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:08 AM, RabidMongoose said:

everything is hidden behind symbolism and allegory

Take the literal sense of the scripture first unless symbolism is used. Let the symbols of the scripture interpret themselves. Even though it may take some time and study, you will always find the answers in scripture.

Revelation 5:6–14 describes the duties or purposes of the four living creatures. They fall down and worship the Lamb, Jesus Christ, offering the same reverence to Him that they did to the Father (Revelation 4:10), proof of the deity of Jesus Christ. The purpose of the four living creatures also has to do with declaring the holiness of God and leading in worship and adoration of God. These beings are an exalted order of angels whose purpose is primarily that of worship (Revelation 19:4).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

From Plato's Timaeus, the part after the story of Atlantis.

Now the creation took up the whole of each of the four elements; for the
Creator compounded the world out of all the fire and all the water and all the
air and all the earth, leaving no part of any of them nor any power of them
outside. His intention was, in the first place, that the animal should be as far
as possible a perfect whole and of perfect parts: secondly, that it should be one,
leaving no remnants out of which another such world might be created: and
also that it should be free from old age and unaffected by disease.

On 11/01/2019 at 3:38 AM, RabidMongoose said:

If you are not from the culture of the time or do not have an advanced education IN that culture then the symbols will remain indecipherable and not understandable. They represent constructed mental beliefs/attachments, of people, and not unchanging  realities  

• Like 1

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 1:26 PM, Pettytalk said:

From Plato's Timaeus, the part after the story of Atlantis.

Now the creation took up the whole of each of the four elements; for the
Creator compounded the world out of all the fire and all the water and all the
air and all the earth, leaving no part of any of them nor any power of them
outside. His intention was, in the first place, that the animal should be as far
as possible a perfect whole and of perfect parts: secondly, that it should be one,
leaving no remnants out of which another such world might be created: and
also that it should be free from old age and unaffected by disease.

Yes, I know, Plato has the same stuff.

The question is what do the four things really represent?

18 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

They represent the omnipresence and omniscience of God. It pretty straightforward when you look at it.

I can elaborate more if you wish. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

These four creatures represent the past, non-physical evolutions of our solar system and creatures on other planets but they are not perfect because the divine man on earth must pass through dressing in matter, freeing his spirit and transforming this world into a divine one, therefore these beings serve Christ and God told all the angels to bow down before the people. All these angels are the service spirits of God that transmit his thoughts to the lower worlds and they play an important role. If a person opens a channel of communication with these hierarchies, he quickly wanders to the divine. Also, these creatures could serve as protypes of species for our animals and humans, since when human evolution was out of body, these creatures worked on our subtle bodies, these are our creators-molders as well as formidable elohim.