Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Urantia Book Poll

Davros of Skaro

The UB. Made up, or inspired?   

51 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Urantia Book fact, or fake?

• Real channeled knowledge ?
    • Person, or people fakery?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

have you seen the second link?:whistle:

I'm getting there....After having this piece of American "White Man's Burden" shoved down my throat for over a year I'm going to intellectually tear it from stem to stern. :yes:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

have you seen the second link?:whistle:

The concept of "racial purity" seems always to make an appearance in conversations about race, but it is not developed in The Urantia Book. The term is used by the revelators only in reference to the imported Violet race and, curiously, to the red race.

Niicccee! 

• Like 2

The Urantia Book also uses the term "creativity" in this context. In 82:6.5 it is noted that, "Hybridization of superior and dissimilar stocks is the secret of the creation of new and more vigorous strains. And this is true of plants, animals, and the human species. Hybridization augments vigor and increases fertility. Race mixtures of the average or superior strata of various peoples greatly increase creative potential, as is shown in the present population of the United States of North America.

Really? Forget about Swedish, Polish, German, Japanese and Chinese R&D did we? 

@jmccr8   I'm done.......

• Like 2

64:6.26 (725.7) Isolated in Africa, the indigo peoples, like the red man, received little or none of the race elevation which would have been derived from the infusion of the Adamic stock. Alone in Africa, the indigo race made little advancement until the days of Orvonon, when they experienced a great spiritual awakening. While they later almost entirely forgot the “God of Gods” proclaimed by Orvonon, they did not entirely lose the desire to worship the Unknown; at least they maintained a form of worship up to a few thousand years ago.

64:7.15 (728.4) And so it appears that Egypt was first dominated by the orange man, then by the green, followed by the indigo (black) man, and still later by a mongrel race of indigo, blue, and modified green men. But long before Adam arrived, the blue men of Europe and the mixed races of Arabia had driven the indigo race out of Egypt and far south on the African continent.

I don't have to comment on this.......Readers can figure it out....But I will say it is certainly up Wilfred and John Harvey Kellogg's alley. :mellow:

• Like 3

What is interesting though is that we now have proof that blue and green skinned people exist.   Does the UB say how to get the infinity stones back and defeat Thanos?

91GJ8NZJOnL._SY445_.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Essan said:

What is interesting though is that we now have proof that blue and green skinned people exist.   Does the UB say how to get the infinity stones back and defeat Thanos?

I thought they were talking about Vulcans and Andorians. :unsure2:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Piney said:

I thought they were talking about Vulcans and Andorians. :unsure2:

No. 

Andorians and Orion slave girls.

• Haha 2

On 1/8/2019 at 7:58 PM, Jodie.Lynne said:

otherwise known as TARDIS...

You see? Science fiction is finally catching up with the UB.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, MERRY DMAS said:

No. 

Andorians and Orion slave girls.

Oh, after asking me to do all this work your actually reading something? :rolleyes:

:lol:

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Piney said:

I don't have to comment on this.......Readers can figure it out....But I will say it is certainly up Wilfred and John Harvey Kellogg's alley. :mellow:

Hi Piney

One would assume that after reading a very limited amount of the book it should be obvious that this is for entertainment purposes only. They must have quite the cleanup crew as there is no physical evidence in genetics that shows that these variations could or have existed.

jmccr8

• Like 2

Edit: Oops... Sorry for double post of first video.

Edited by MERRY DMAS
  • Like 2

On 1/10/2019 at 12:16 PM, MERRY DMAS said:

Edit: Oops... Sorry for double post of first video.

It's actually saddening. Maybe Lao the Child should of said "Blind Spirituality is a mental illness". The cult like programming in many religions not only destroy peoples lives and critical thinking skills. It also destroys their children. 

• Like 2

On 04/01/2019 at 10:21 PM, Essan said:

You mean they also claim the last ice age ended 35,000 years ago (just as it was actually getting going)?   Or that mammals evolved overnight from a carnivorous dinosaur?

The fact is, the book contains a great many verifiable facts - almost all of which are verifiably false..   But hey, I still have some $100 bottles of snake oil, guaranteed to cure baldness, impotence, cancer, rabies and the common cold.   Do you want my address? 

No the cosmic consciousness doesn't go into that sort of detail with me although the system of governance proposed  for the galaxy is quite logical  and the system of uplift of emerging species is also similar But I m an evolutionist who sees no need to dispute any science as long as it is verifiable and peer supported 

Ps god prevents  me going bald, being impotent, or  getting cancer, rabies, or the common cold, so No I don't need your snake oil  which I am sure would otherwise be extremely beneficial  :) 

Seriously ive never suffered from any of those, except the last,  and haven't had one of those for several years now.  However if you send me a hundred bottles on consignment i will flog them off, and the deposit the money in your bank  account if you give me your details 

18 hours ago, Piney said:

It's actually saddening. Maybe Lao the Child should of said "Blind Spirituality is a mental illness". The cult like programming in many religions not only destroy peoples lives and critical thinking skills. It also destroys their children. 

There is also a pattern of animal abuse.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, GoldenWolf said:

There is also a pattern of animal abuse.

It's actually a attitude of evangelical groups who have the attitude that "everything was put here for us to just use up". It's actually "planet abuse" if you listen to some talk about fossil fuels and forests. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Piney said:

An interesting paper in regards to cause and effect:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5500821/

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Swede said:

Some of the findings about the vmPFC are fasinating. It also verifies physical abuse contributing toward brainwashing which anybody in the Puzzle Palace could of told you."Beat them until they Stockholm".

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Piney said:

It's actually a attitude of evangelical groups who have the attitude that "everything was put here for us to just use up". It's actually "planet abuse" if you listen to some talk about fossil fuels and forests. 

I know very well.

• Like 1

6. The Maintenance of Civilization

3. Scientific knowledge. The material aspects of civilization must always await the accumulation of scientific data. It was a long time after the discovery of the bow and arrow and the utilization of animals for power purposes before man learned how to harness wind and water, to be followed by the employment of steam and electricity. But slowly the tools of civilization improved. Weaving, pottery, the domestication of animals, and metalworking were followed by an age of writing and printing.

81:6.9

Knowledge is power. Invention always precedes the acceleration of cultural development on a world-wide scale. Science and invention benefited most of all from the printing press, and the interaction of all these cultural and inventive activities has enormously accelerated the rate of cultural advancement.

81:6.10

Science teaches man to speak the new language of mathematics and trains his thoughts along lines of exacting precision. And science also stabilizes philosophy through the elimination of error, while it purifies religion by the destruction of superstition.

81:6.11

4. Human resources. Man power is indispensable to the spread of civilization. All things equal, a numerous people will dominate the civilization of a smaller race. Hence failure to increase in numbers up to a certain point prevents the full realization of national destiny, but there comes a point in population increase where further growth is suicidal. Multiplication of numbers beyond the optimum of the normal man-land ratio means either a lowering of the standards of living or an immediate expansion of territorial boundaries by peaceful penetration or by military conquest, forcible occupation.

You are sometimes shocked at the ravages of war, but you should recognize the necessity for producing large numbers of mortals so as to afford ample opportunity for social and moral development; with such planetary fertility there soon occurs the serious problem of overpopulation. Most of the inhabited worlds are small. Urantia is average, perhaps a trifle undersized. The optimum stabilization of national population enhances culture and prevents war. And it is a wise nation which knows when to cease growing.

81:6.13

But the continent richest in natural deposits and the most advanced mechanical equipment will make little progress if the intelligence of its people is on the decline. Knowledge can be had by education, but wisdom, which is indispensable to true culture, can be secured only through experience and by men and women who are innately intelligent. Such a people are able to learn from experience; they may become truly wise.

Link

Edited by Will Due
  • Thanks 1

On 1/13/2019 at 4:19 PM, Piney said:

Some of the findings about the vmPFC are fasinating. It also verifies physical abuse contributing toward brainwashing which anybody in the Puzzle Palace could of told you."Beat them until they Stockholm".

Yes, an interesting study. Said study also prompts one to extrapolate in regards to the various effects on cognitive function/flexibility as they relate to factors other than belief systems.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Will Due said:

And science also stabilizes philosophy through the elimination of error, while it purifies religion by the destruction of superstition.

Like I just did to this racist, chauvinistic, bias,unscientific car crash. :yes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 1/13/2019 at 5:09 PM, Swede said:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5500821/

That was an extremely long winded way of saying that some people have trouble rationalizing due to physical damage to centers that make it possible, or have a natural proclivity to circumvent such centers of the brain.

Here's some physical traits in what to look for in some people with high levels of spiritual discernment such as UB believers (high levels of indwelling Thought Adjuster spirit):

Close together Alice the Goon eyes.

latest?cb=20150606002859

Morphine hit eyes.

overly_attached_computer.jpg

Believers will either have one, or both symptoms due to the varying alloyed spirit energy coursing through them.

• Haha 1

@psyche101

Forgive me for doing this but I thought it better to move our conversation over here. I don't want to draw attention to the UB in the "Skepticism!" thread anymore than I've already done. I'll post the link to your post from over there at the bottom for reference. I copied and quoted your replies and I'd like to respond to them.

Lets try Will. 

You told me that there is a centre of the universe which can be seen by astronomers as a fuzzy patch. I'm sure you remember it as I asked for co-ordinates and you went of into nonsense talk untill I stopped asking for them. Not that I actually expected you to provide them, as there is no centre of the Universe. I do suspect that the people who authored the UB were referring to the Andoromeda galaxy as the descriptions you offered of the alleged centre of the universe sound like that. 

It got out of hand for me. The more I tried to straighten out the details of what we were discussing, the more things got further away from being clear. So I sort of gave up. When I told you to point your telescope to 0,0,0 you know, as if it was a Cartesian coordinate system origin, I was trying to be funny. (I'm a horrible comic) Don't know how the 'fuzzy patch' thing got started but I do understand why your responses to me were like they were. I hope this helps to clear things up. We can discuss the 'center of the universe' thing later if you'd like. 

I don't know how you come to that conclusion. The UB is quoted when posters point out the huge flaws and outright errors in it. Piney has also shown how wrong the history claimed is, and how it is outright racist. 

First let me say that I've learned a lot from all of you about why so many resist taking the book seriously. It makes sense to me. Is the book perfect? No it's not. Probably shouldn't go into that right now but suffice it to say (I hope) that there are many things about the UB (if not everything) that is a matter of context. Is it racist, chauvinistic, biased, unscientific, is it a car crash? From a certain point of view, it's worse than that. All I will say about it right now is that those things that  @Piney mentioned, when the entire text is taken together, it's possible to see it in an entirely different and more positive light. The things said about the races, the treatment of women, the onesidedness of spirituality and religion, the absoluteness of scientific fact and the likelihood that the UB will be misunderstood, is well documented within its pages and firmly supports it in uplifting terms. Tolerance for all racial differences, respect for the equality between women and men as well as same sex partnerships, understanding appreciation for those who have experienced difficulty in life and are exasperated with traditional religion, and especially to heed the objectiveness of science, is all very much emphasized. Yes most of what the authors say about all of these things are brutally out of line with how they're thought about conventionally. With regard to race, they present the evolution of man in terms that are new. Like "Nodite" "Andite" "Andonite" "Violet" and others that without familiarity of everything stated about the races in the whole book and how they blended, it's easy to understand that when somebody like Piney and @Third Eye read things that refers to "red men" and "yellow men" and so forth they immediately slam the book shut. 

(I'll leave my comments about the book's science for another time)

Its not other people getting the interpretation wrong Will. The problem lies with the rose coloured glasses you use to read the UB. 

Yes you're right. I am guilty of wearing rose colored glasses. I'll even go so far as to post something as ludicrous as saying in the other thread where the 'teams' are playing a game of vernacular football that HEY!

We're all on the same team!!!

I am naive thats for sure. I think Rodney King and I are related.

Will, let's be honest. 

You don't challenge the dissection and illustrations of flaws and lies in it because you are not capable of doing so. 

You're right. I ain't that good. Most of the time, I can't even think of the words to reply with, let alone put it in writing. But believe me, I want to. I want to challenge what you all are saying. But something is telling me not to. I don't feel it would do it justice anyways. I have limited abilities with arguments. And I really feel strong about this. That it doesn't really matter. Because in the end and beyond, it will all be okay for everyone. I really believe this.

Its not going to all work out. As time goes by the UB is shown to be more inaccurate and intolerant. That's all going backwards there for the UB Will. 

I can see why you would say this. It doesn't look good for the UB. Perhaps in this forum, I'm to blame. I am a tactless man at times. My mom used to tell me when I was a kid that I was an azzhole. All I'll say is that time does funny things. Ebb and flow. Things go out. Things go in. Things go backwards. Things go forward. And sometimes, azzholes grow up.

Will, you need to do more posting like this. None of the fortune cookie speak, no preaching. And if you wish to post in the skeptic part of the forum  I would strongly suggest you maintain this format. 

It is much more pleasent  productive and enjoyable when you just speak straight like this, and not in silly riddles. 

I'm learning things I didn't expect to learn when I joined this forum. I intend to implement these things I'm learning. The UB is something alright. But it isn't everything you all might think I think it is. It isn't even, what I think it is. It's just a very interesting book. To me it is anyways. I get it more and more why that isn't the case for most though. I don't think that if you study the UB it makes you special. I've never thought that. The UB Is just the craziest thing I've ever heard of. That's right, I said crazy. But the underlying thing about it at least to me, is that it's a message from beyond this world that everything will end up alright. Not to worry. And that in a short time more things good will happen the likes of which no one will have ever expected.

And I can't just sit on it and not grab as many as I can and bring them to it.

I know I know, that's not cool to do. Many of you don't like me for it. It's a conundrum that I'm very much interested in working out but I do want to thank Davros @MERRY DMAS for starting this thread.

That's why people become confused Will. You try to sound wise, but your not. Your just like the rest of us trying to make our way to tomorrow. 

You can say that again.

It will work out if you make an effort to accommodate your peers and rational discussion. Personally I think this post is the best one you have made in a long time. 

I'll do better. But I'll probably have my days.

And you too Will. Have a great day. 

Today's been pretty good. Tomorrow ought to be better. Can I quote something 'profound' from the book now? Just kidding. Talk with ya later.

Here's that link:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Will Due said:

You're right. I ain't that good. Most of the time, I can't even think of the words to reply with, let alone put it in writing. But believe me, I want to. I want to challenge what you all are saying. But something is telling me not to. I don't feel it would do it justice anyways. I have limited abilities with arguments. And I really feel strong about this. That it doesn't really matter. Because in the end and beyond, it will all be okay for everyone. I really believe this.

This is how I always look at it  "Whatever holds you up."  I have Catholic, Sikh, Buddhist, Hindu, Baha'i,  Tengrist, Shinto, Presbyterian, Methodist, Traditional Native and Quaker friends. None of them preach incessantly though.  They understand that what's good for them might not be good for others.

I am conversational in 6 languages. I think in 3. 4 of them are not Indo-European. I understand concepts not in the Indo-European vocabulary. 

I'll leave you with this though. What I tell everybody seeking spirituality. Study everything. QUESTION everything, and figure the how the Universe works yourself. No man or book stands between you and the Living Universe. It's all somebody else's IDEA and OPINION. and if you find many facts that can be dis-proven, it's not worth reading or listening to anymore. 

2 hours ago, Will Due said:

It got out of hand for me. The more I tried to straighten out the details of what we were discussing, the more things got further away from being clear. So I sort of gave up. When I told you to point your telescope to 0,0,0 you know, as if it was a Cartesian coordinate system origin, I was trying to be funny. (I'm a horrible comic) Don't know how the 'fuzzy patch' thing got started but I do understand why your responses to me were like they were. I hope this helps to clear things up. We can discuss the 'center of the universe' thing later if you'd like. 

First let me say that I've learned a lot from all of you about why so many resist taking the book seriously. It makes sense to me. Is the book perfect? No it's not. Probably shouldn't go into that right now but suffice it to say (I hope) that there are many things about the UB (if not everything) that is a matter of context. Is it racist, chauvinistic, biased, unscientific, is it a car crash? From a certain point of view, it's worse than that. All I will say about it right now is that those things that  @Piney mentioned, when the entire text is taken together, it's possible to see it in an entirely different and more positive light. The things said about the races, the treatment of women, the onesidedness of spirituality and religion, the absoluteness of scientific fact and the likelihood that the UB will be misunderstood, is well documented within its pages and firmly supports it in uplifting terms. Tolerance for all racial differences, respect for the equality between women and men as well as same sex partnerships, understanding appreciation for those who have experienced difficulty in life and are exasperated with traditional religion, and especially to heed the objectiveness of science, is all very much emphasized. Yes most of what the authors say about all of these things are brutally out of line with how they're thought about conventionally. With regard to race, they present the evolution of man in terms that are new. Like "Nodite" "Andite" "Andonite" "Violet" and others that without familiarity of everything stated about the races in the whole book and how they blended, it's easy to understand that when somebody like Piney and @Third Eye read things that refers to "red men" and "yellow men" and so forth they immediately slam the book shut. 

(I'll leave my comments about the book's science for another time)

It's a quick enough discussion, since the point that initiated the Big Bang would have been in the general area of a planck-length in diameter, which is about 1.616229(38)×10−35 meters*, and the universe expanded in 360 degrees before there was even any matter yet in existance there is no possible way to claim knowing where any alleged "center of the universe" was. 

Then you are seeing only what you WANT to see and not what's there as it's a series of lies, racist statements, etc., each promoting a bigger one, and you've bought it while simultaneously making excuses for its errors. 

No, these terms are not "new" they're scientifically and culturally wrong and basically you are, in a back handed way, attempting to say that Piney and others don't know what they're talking about in pointing the embarassment that is the UB out. You should be ashamed of yourself. 

Probably a good idea as science is definitely NOT your strong suit. 

* = 0.000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,001616229 meters

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked