Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Urantia Book Poll

Davros of Skaro

The UB. Made up, or inspired?   

51 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Urantia Book fact, or fake?

• Real channeled knowledge ?
    • Person, or people fakery?

This poll is closed to new votes

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

@Jodie.Lynne

@cormac mac airt 

Lookie here! Eugenics! :rolleyes:  

I guess I should of been killed as soon as they found that broken chromosome. :yes:

Being born with chronic bronchitis/bronchial asthma would likely have put me on the list too. Idjits. 

cormac

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Will Due said:

Yes, that's exactly what I think.

I cannot fathom how a human being could ever write something like the UB. I'll do my best to explain.

The science, the history, and so forth. As these things are presented in the UB, they're anything but conventional. They're not mainstream at all.

It isn't one thing that is unconventional, it's everything. Everything from A to Z. Yet it's all presented cohesively. Seamless.

And to me that's the indication that the authors are who they say they are. Because if the book had a human author it would be more likely that unconventionality would be limited to just one subject. Maybe two. And if the UB was written by commitee, there would be far more likelihood that it wouldn't have been completed at all. Given how we all have strong opinions. Especially about ourselves. And how our opinions are better and more important than the opinions of others. 

When you investigate what those who aim to debunk the UB have said, they point out that this fact, or that fact is wrong (I'll discuss this aspect later). But never have I found a debunker claim that the UB contradicts itself. I find that very interesting. Even Martin Gardner, perhaps the most prominent UB debunker to date, also said this.

And in my opinion, this is the overwhelming essence that stands out most of all, when the book is finally read front to back (it took me a couple of years to do). Nowhere does it say something in one place that contradicts what it says in another.

You really should read the Dune series. A whole universe from one man's mind. The difference between Dune and the U.B though is Dune has real science in it. 

• Thanks 1

59:2.3 340,000,000 years ago there occurred another extensive land sinking except in Asia and Australia. The waters of the world’s oceans were generally commingled. This was a great limestone age, much of its stone being laid down by lime-secreting algae.

Limestone secreting algae?........yeah, good one. :yes: Limestone is dead sea life and it's still being "made" today.

59:2.5 330,000,000 years ago marks the beginning of a time sector of comparative quiet all over the world, with much land again above water. The only exception to this reign of terrestrial quiet was the eruption of the great North American volcano of eastern Kentucky, one of the greatest single volcanic activities the world has ever known. The ashes of this volcano covered five hundred square miles to a depth of from fifteen to twenty feet.

The Great North American Volcano of Eastern Kentucky! :lol:

I'd like to see the geological evidence for that. :yes:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Piney said:

Limestone secreting algae?........yeah, good one. :yes: Limestone is dead sea life and it's still being "made" today.

Lime-secreting algae and algal limestones from the Pennsylvanian of central Colorado 

https://pubs.geoscienceworld.org/gsa/gsabulletin/article-abstract/51/4/571/3795/lime-secreting-algae-and-algal-limestones-from-the?redirectedFrom=fulltext

The Great North American Volcano of Eastern Kentucky! :lol:

I'd like to see the geological evidence for that. :yes:

THE GREAT KENTUCKY VOLCANIC ERUPTION

Evidence found by a geologist named Waffen Huff indicates that “1000 cubic kilometers of material spewed out during at least one and probably two eruptions..” according to an article in the June 18, 1990 issue of Insight magazine. This eruption is believed to be from: “..a massive volcano they believe was once located,,in the process of continental drift, where the Great Smoky Mountains in the southeastern United States are today.” The eruptions are believed to have occurred more than 400 million years ago and “may deserve the title of most powerful eruptions ever.”

21 minutes ago, Will Due said:

:lol:

You want to actually provide me with a real link? Like maybe a peer reviewed one? :rolleyes:

25 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Lime-secreting algae and algal limestones from the Pennsylvanian of central Colorado 

This article is from 1940 and the science has long been debunked. :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Will Due said:

I'm going through Warren Huff's paper's right now and he says no such thing. :rolleyes:

and he's a mineralogist, not a geologist.  So this link is a complete lie. 

@Piney

Does science ever revise or update its previous findings?

Does science ever discover something new that it didn't know before?

How do you know that science won't some day verify what the UB says?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Will Due said:

@Piney

Yes

Yes

Much of what the UB claims would not only have to rewrite history but would have to rewrite reality as well to be true. That’s not going to happen. 

cormac

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Because  astronomy, the geological record and genetics studies have already debunked what the UB said.  It's not going to work in reverse. 

Read the 5 books of the Frank Herbert Dune series. Then read Isaac Asimov's Foundation Series. It might make you realize what terrible scifi the UB actually is and how backwards it is to real scientific thought. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Yes

Yes

Much of what the UB claims would not only have to rewrite history but would have to rewrite reality as well to be true. That’s not going to happen. 

cormac

Rewriting history and reality is what will happen.

Evolution may be slow but it can't be stopped.

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

Rewriting history.

That's called "lying".  :yes:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Rewriting history and reality is what will happen.

Evolution may be slow but it can't be stopped.

Written history can only be rewritten to a certain point. Beyond that one would be making things up. Evolution cannot rewrite reality, but it does help explain it. There’s a difference. 

cormac

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Piney said:

Because  astronomy, the geological record and genetics studies have already debunked what the UB said.  It's not going to work in reverse. 

But how do you know that the invention of improved equipment or the invention of new equipment and dating techniques that don't exist right now won't debunk what you say is debunked in the future? 

The future is a long time. 

Edited by Will Due

3 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Written history can only be rewritten to a certain point. Beyond that one would be making things up. Evolution cannot rewrite reality, but it does help explain it. There’s a difference. 

cormac

Yes, I agree.

But here's the difference between what the UB says is history and fact and what we say is history and fact.

We use science from the standpoint of all the facts being unknown. The way we use science is from the ground up.

The authors of the UB use science in an entirely different way. Some of the authors (the Life Carriers) report in the Urantia Book what they actually did to formulate, initiate and oversee the evolution of life on our world. The difference is that the authors are our superiors. That's a big difference. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Will Due said:

But how do you know that the invention of improved equipment or the invention of new equipment and dating techniques that don't exist right now won't debunk what you say is debunked in the future? 

I posted 3 or 4 pages of outright lies and I'm working on more. How will science prove wrong what is already proven right? 

4 hours ago, Will Due said:

Evidence found by a geologist named Waffen Huff indicates that “1000 cubic kilometers of material spewed out during at least one and probably two eruptions..” according to an article in the June 18, 1990 issue of Insight magazine. This eruption is believed to be from: “..a massive volcano they believe was once located,,in the process of continental drift, where the Great Smoky Mountains in the southeastern United States are today.” The eruptions are believed to have occurred more than 400 million years ago and “may deserve the title of most powerful eruptions ever.”

and lets address this.

This is a outright lie about Warren Huff's creds ( he's a clay mineralogist) and what he said.

I checked the magnetic anomalies map for any extinct volcanoes ( even small hidden ones) in Kentucky. There is none. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

But here's the difference between what the UB says is history and fact and what we say is history and fact.

Because it was made up. :yes:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

Yes, I agree.

We use science from the standpoint of all the facts being unknown. The way we use science is from the ground up.

The authors of the UB use science in an entirely different way. Some of the authors (the Life Carriers) report in the Urantia Book what they actually did to formulate, initiate and oversee the evolution of life on our world. The difference is that the authors are our superiors. That's a big difference. 

The authors are full of scheisse, THAT’S the difference. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Will Due said:

Let me see if I can explain better what I was trying to say. Two things:

First, in my opinion language sometimes acts as a barrier to fluent communication. (It's in this way that the words written in the Urantia Book don't automatically register their meaning as intended in my opinion.)

I see this tactic is often referred to in the UB. What I mean they want you to use your imagination to fill in the blanks.

Ever see Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter? Notice he uses mostly blank facial expressions for his character? It's an old actors trick for the audience to fill in the blank with their own emotions. I see the UB doing this in that "Words/language is so limited blah blah blah. There's much more, but this format is constrained blah blah blah".

Of course you cannot see it.

Hannibal-Lecter-645x370.jpg

Second, the discussion up until we got talkin was going along the lines of how our environment, whether it be the one we grew up in or the one we find ourselves in now, limits what we can do, decide to do or be unchangeably subject to in the abject. To me this is not true.

I've overcome a lot in this regard (like many have also) and I'm always inspired to make more progress personally when I see someone else who's obviously overcome worse things than me. Things I can't even begin to imagine sometimes.

Maybe the UB inspired you at first, but is now holding you back intellectually? 

Read more books.

1 hour ago, Will Due said:

Does the UB have the cure for cancer?

Is there any scientific discoveries that was thanks to the UB?

download.jpeg

Edited by MERRY DMAS
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Piney said:

How will science prove wrong what is already proven right? 

Evidence is one thing. Proof is another.

Science revises many things previously "proven." Then in the future it will happen again. What was once "proven" right ends up being wrong. Then that will be revised yet again. And so forth.

Edited by Will Due
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Piney said:

and lets address this.

This is a outright lie about Warren Huff's creds ( he's a clay mineralogist) and what he said.

I checked the magnetic anomalies map for any extinct volcanoes ( even small hidden ones) in Kentucky. There is none. 

@Will Due   Then "revise" the outright lie you posted about the "Kentucky Volcano". 

Can you read a magnetic anomalies map? I can. 

https://mrdata.usgs.gov/magnetic/map-us.html

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, MERRY DMAS said:

I see this tactic is often referred to in the UB. 

Who is "they?" And what tactic?

Language isn't absolute. I can't explain a thought I'm having in words to anybody exactly. Can you?

Written words are even worse.

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

@Will Due   Then "revise" the outright lie you posted about the "Kentucky Volcano". 

Can you read a magnetic anomalies map? I can. 

https://mrdata.usgs.gov/magnetic/map-us.html

It doesn't matter.

In the future more things will be scientifically discovered and established than now. 

You're not denying this are you?

6 minutes ago, Will Due said:

You're not denying this are you?

I'm denying anything from the UB will be proven correct. 

What scientific discoveries has the UB led to? 

Edited by Piney
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Who is "they?" And what tactic?

"They" The focus group of people that wrote the UB.

"Tactic" The subjugation of your imagination. 

Rjg9.gif

5 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Language isn't absolute. I can't explain a thought I'm having in words to anybody exactly. Can you?

Written words are even worse.

Yes. You can too if you read other books.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked