Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Urantia Book Poll

Davros of Skaro

The UB. Made up, or inspired?   

51 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Urantia Book fact, or fake?

• Real channeled knowledge ?
    • Person, or people fakery?

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, Luis Marco said:

why are you lying again, @danydandan¿, to see you are lying, name the five books that independent author Halbert Katzen (see my post above) supposedly wrote on URANTIA propaganda, you can't, can you¿.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1325813.Halbert_Katzen

All here on Goodreads. Five books all supporting different URANTIA crapology.

Have you had a look at this dudes website? It's not independent nor un-biased. 

Edited by danydandan
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, danydandan said:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1325813.Halbert_Katzen

All here on Goodreads. Five books all supporting different URANTIA crapology.

Have you had a look at this dudes website? It's not independent nor un-biased. 

they are not 5 books, but Reports, or Papers of research, all found for free at his UBannotated.com website.

14 minutes ago, Luis Marco said:

they are not 5 books, but Reports, or Papers of research, all found for free at his UBannotated.com website.

What's the difference?

They aren't independent or un-biased? So what's you angle here?

Care to define what you mean by 'independent'. They are all UB & UF propaganda, are you stating this dude has zero affiliation with the Urantia Book, or Foundation?

Also have you read his 'report'? 

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, danydandan said:

They are all UB & UF propaganda,

Isn't that what a lot of post around here are?

• Like 2

On 5/25/2019 at 11:33 PM, Will Due said:

When it comes to people, nothing is independent and unbiased.

We all stand up for one thing or another.

But I suppose there's room in between.

That's why a panel of people peer reviewing information is a good idea. 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2019 at 12:27 AM, Will Due said:

You mean like believing there is no God?

That's not nonsense at all. That's what nature says. 

This is where religion goes of the rails and it doesn't matter at all if it's personal or organised. This sort of fanatical thinking exposes religions bad side. You honestly do more harm to your cause than good. You should learn from the more astute religious posters like DieChecker. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

That's not nonsense at all. That's what nature says. 

This is where religion goes of the rails and it doesn't matter at all if it's personal or organised. This sort of fanatical thinking exposes religions bad side. You honestly do more harm to your cause than good. You should learn from the more astute religious posters like DieChecker. 

Will I need to drink blood?

Edited by Will Due

On 5/26/2019 at 12:51 AM, Will Due said:

You mean like people who sell the idea that there is no God?

You have that completely backass backwards. 

Nothing at all in nature hints at the existence of any god. Man had to make up the idea and sell it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

Will I need to drunk blood?

That depends on the religion one chooses doesn't it. 

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

You have that completely backass backwards. 

Nothing at all in nature hints at the existence of any god. Man had to make up the idea and sell it. 

And what does that have to do with people who sell the idea that there is no God?

On 5/26/2019 at 1:41 AM, Will Due said:

You mean like preaching about the belief that there is no God?

One can't preach that there is no God. That's called learning. One can only preach ideologies and personal choices. 

Just now, psyche101 said:

One can't preach that there is no God. That's called learning. One can only preach ideologies and personal choices. 

Why play the part of a hypocrite?

Just now, Will Due said:

And what does that have to do with people who sell the idea that there is no God?

It means its not a sell. There has to be evidence of a God to sell against. There isn't. 

Discussing a natural universe is learning, preaching your imagined idea of a god is a sell. Plenty of religions for competition in that field of sales too. 

• Like 2

Why play the part of a hypocrite?

I don't know Will, why are you and Luis so taken with being hypocrites? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, psyche101 said:

It means its not a sell. There has to be evidence of a God to sell against. There isn't. 

Discussing a natural universe is learning, preaching your imagined idea of a god is a sell. Plenty of religions for competition in that field of sales too. 

Keep preaching.

Just now, Will Due said:

Keep preaching.

I know that's you motto, we all get that. What your selling is not wanted. See the poll result at the top of the page? 

Like I said, you do your views more harm than good. You are seen by all as fanatical, not wise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll repost this so you can understand better psyche:

"The truth—an understanding of cosmic relationships, universe facts, and spiritual values—can best be had through the ministry of the Spirit of Truth and can best be criticized by revelation. But revelation originates neither a science nor a religion; its function is to co-ordinate both science and religion with the truth of reality. Always, in the absence of revelation or in the failure to accept or grasp it, has mortal man resorted to his futile gesture of metaphysics, that being the only human substitute for the revelation of truth [...] .

5 minutes ago, Will Due said:

I'll repost this so you can understand better psyche:

"The truth—an understanding of cosmic relationships, universe facts, and spiritual values—can best be had through the ministry of the Spirit of Truth and can best be criticized by revelation. But revelation originates neither a science nor a religion; its function is to co-ordinate both science and religion with the truth of reality. Always, in the absence of revelation or in the failure to accept or grasp it, has mortal man resorted to his futile gesture of metaphysics, that being the only human substitute for the revelation of truth [...] .

This, this right here is the problem. You can not discuss anything. It's always some UB quote. Why? Just why? Luis does the exact same thing. There really is absolutely nothing to discuss with you Will. There's no point in bothering anymore either. Because we all know what the results is going to be. You preaching. That's all it has ever been. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

This, this right here is the problem. You can not discuss anything. It's always some UB quote. Why? Just why? Luis does the exact same thing. There really is absolutely nothing to discuss with you Will. There's no point in bothering anymore either. Because we all know what the results is going to be. You preaching. That's all it has ever been. 

But this is a thread about the Urantia Book. So why wouldn't it be quoted?

But this is a thread about the Urantia Book. So why wouldn't it be quoted?

You don't discuss it. You try to use it to shut down a discussion. Never expanding upon the ideas of a passage, never acknowledging the flaws of the UB as well. It's your cult, Will. I don't know why you believe in it so adamantly, I don't really care. I'm not going to even bother with you anymore. I'm done. And I don't think I'm the only one.

• Thanks 3

The main thing about the UB is that it "originates neither a science nor a religion; its function is to co-ordinate both science and religion with the truth of reality." 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Will Due said:

The main thing about the UB is that it "originates neither a science nor a religion; its function is to co-ordinate both science and religion with the truth of reality." 

Will, how does it the UB coordinate Science and Religion, in your opinion?  

Where is the how, what, where, when and why? 

Like Xeno said you quote the UB as if it speaks for itself, 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You don't discuss it. You try to use it to shut down a discussion. Never expanding upon the ideas of a passage, never acknowledging the flaws of the UB as well. It's your cult, Will. I don't know why you believe in it so adamantly, I don't really care. I'm not going to even bother with you anymore. I'm done. And I don't think I'm the only one.

:nw:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Will, how does it the UB coordinate Science and Religion, in your opinion?  

Where is the how, what, where, when and why? 

Like Xeno said you quote the UB as if it speaks for itself, 

I very much appreciate that you asked those questions Sheri.

The UB doesn't originate a science nor a religion because one of its main purposes is to co-ordinate both science and religion realistically. In such a way that the facts of both science and religion become seamless. And not in conflict with each other. 

In my opinion, because this is what the UB does, the facts of science and the value of religion become serviceable like never before and it does this, without a cult or a new organized religion being formed.

Edited by Will Due

• The topic was locked