Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Davros of Skaro

Urantia Book Poll

The UB. Made up, or inspired?   

51 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Is the Urantia Book fact, or fake?

    • Real channeled knowledge ?
    • Person, or people fakery?


1,010 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

danydandan
49 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Was Ted Bundy doing God's will too?

According to Ted he was. Who are we to question God's will?

It's God's will if it's good and bad? Or only when it's good? Zealots are hypocritical eejits.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Essan
10 hours ago, Will Due said:

What's mysterious to me is why it isn't taken more serious.

 

Possibly because unlike Sitchin's later, similar, fiction, it doesn't explain why the pyramids were built?   Or maybe it was just ahead of it's time and people weren't ready for stories of space aliens living on Earth in the distant past have battles and stuff?   And then, later, when they were, L Ron Hubbard cornered the market?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
5 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Was Ted Bundy doing God's will too?

 

See the bold text.

"Every mortal who is consciously or unconsciously following the leading of his indwelling Adjuster is living in accordance with the will of God."

 

According to the authors, every normal minded human being is indwelt by what they refer to as a "Thought Adjuster" a fragment of the Absolute God.

 

From the authors:

"Can you really realize the true significance of the Adjuster's indwelling? Do you really fathom what it means to have an absolute fragment of the absolute and infinite Deity, the Universal Father, indwelling and fusing with your finite mortal natures? When mortal man fuses with an actual fragment of the existential Cause of the total cosmos, no limit can ever be placed upon the destiny of such an unprecedented and unimaginable partnership. In eternity, man will be discovering not only the infinity of the objective Deity but also the unending potentiality of the subjective fragment of this same God. Always will the Adjuster be revealing to the mortal personality the wonder of God, and never can this supernal revelation come to an end, for the Adjuster is of God and as God to mortal man." 

Link

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Essan
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Will Due said:

According to the authors, every normal minded human being is indwelt by what they refer to as a "Thought Adjuster" a fragment of the Absolute God.

 

Thus we prove the authors are liars ;)  

Edit: or just deluded, irrational, bampots.  After we don't know for sure that the authors deliberately made it all up.  They might actually believe it to be true! :o

 

Edited by Essan
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodie.Lynne
38 minutes ago, Will Due said:

According to the authors, every normal minded human being is indwelt by what they refer to as a "Thought Adjuster" a fragment of the Absolute God.

So because someone writes something, and claims that it is from a celestial being, we just accept it as fact?

If I were to write a book, claiming that I dictated it straight from the lips of the greater god Dyzan, would you accept it as true?

If 'yes', why?

If 'no', whynot?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
44 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

If I were to write a book, claiming that I dictated it straight from the lips of the greater god Dyzan, would you accept it as true?

 

“Master, yesterday I went over to Ashtaroth to see a man who was teaching in your name and even claiming to be able to cast out devils. Now this fellow had never been with us, neither does he follow after us; therefore I forbade him to do such things.” Then said Jesus: “Forbid him not. Do you not perceive that this gospel of the kingdom shall presently be proclaimed in all the world? How can you expect that all who will believe the gospel shall be subject to your direction? Rejoice that already our teaching has begun to manifest itself beyond the bounds of our personal influence. Do you not see, John, that those who profess to do great works in my name must eventually support our cause? They certainly will not be quick to speak evil of me. My son, in matters of this sort it would be better for you to reckon that he who is not against us is for us. In the generations to come many who are not wholly worthy will do many strange things in my name, but I will not forbid them. I tell you that, even when a cup of cold water is given to a thirsty soul, the Father’s messengers shall ever make record of such a service of love.” Link

 

“We know that all things work together for good to those who love God,” Link

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GoldenWolf
2 hours ago, Will Due said:

According to the authors, every normal minded human being is indwelt by what they refer to as a "Thought Adjuster" a fragment of the Absolute God.

The voodoo god.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davros of Skaro
On 1/4/2019 at 3:47 PM, Timothy said:

Not from what you’ve posted. 

Paraphrased: ‘56 encircling worlds of Jerusalem, the seven satellites of world number one known as the mansion worlds. Transition world number one has 100,000 companies of finaliters with 1,000 glorified beings in each of ‘these groups’.’

That doesn’t say what a mansion world is. It talks about transition world number one, but not about the seven satellite mansion worlds?

It's just a spin on John 14:1-4, but with time and relative dimensions in space.

On 1/4/2019 at 3:47 PM, Timothy said:

Snapshot of current votes at the bottom of this post. 31 to 1. What are your thoughts?

There's some hold outs. I understand their somewhat various rationals for not, but I see it as borderline superstitious. 

Names witheld, and surprised at a couple that did vote.

On 1/4/2019 at 3:47 PM, Timothy said:

Currently in an email exchange with a group of scammers. I’m trying to get the credit limit on the card they want to send me reduced to $10,000, as the limit they originally offered me was far too high. :lol:

Their last reply to me: 

On 1 Jan 2019, at 00:10, Dr.frank gilbart <atmcenter73@gmail.com> wrote:
 
Good News Beneficiary,
 
I receiver your email.like as you said that you went $10,000 credit
limit.i understand it you have to reconfirm your address where you
wish to receiver it..
 
+22967904507
Mr.Jerry Bright

:rolleyes:

They are starting to get a bit frustrated I think, still seem to have not realised that I have been changing my email signature to more stupid things each time I reply. Eg. 

‘Regards,

Jim Ballsackstina

Sent from my iBhone’

I just replied to that last email above too. I prefer to be wasting their time on me rather than someone they might be able to actually scam. Couldn’t help myself! Signed off as follows:

‘Regards,

Dom Pombostina

Sent from my iPombo’

 

 

On 1/4/2019 at 3:47 PM, Timothy said:

 

My bold. Yep, @Will Due did a pretty good job of showing us how full of BS the UB is.

He's showing his truth.

On 1/4/2019 at 3:47 PM, Timothy said:

We don’t really need a second helping from you @MERRY DMAS.

This is the thread for it. There's much more.

On 1/4/2019 at 3:47 PM, Timothy said:

My bold. How the hell is science catching up? Science left the UB (or BBB as you call it) in the dust pretty quickly...

It mentions "space-time" a lot, and mentions several times how the mortal language is too limited to convey fully (this is where the indwelling Thought Adjusters come in).

On 1/4/2019 at 3:47 PM, Timothy said:

 

9D56077E-E785-48E5-9948-726A1A258B52.jpeg

 

20 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

So because someone writes something, and claims that it is from a celestial being, we just accept it as fact?

If I were to write a book, claiming that I dictated it straight from the lips of the greater god Dyzan, would you accept it as true?

If 'yes', why?

If 'no', whynot?

You might as well tell him that you cannot see the forest because the trees are in the way.

You need to reach out to your indwelling Thought Adjuster. 

In other words you are not of the indwelling Thought Adjuster.

you-are-not-of-the-body.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Davros of Skaro

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
Posted (edited)

 

“Master, could you trust me to know the truth about the Scriptures? I observe that you teach us only a portion of the sacred writings—the best as I view it—and I infer that you reject the teachings of the rabbis to the effect that the words of the law are the very words of God, having been with God in heaven even before the times of Abraham and Moses. What is the truth about the Scriptures?” When Jesus heard the question of his bewildered apostle, he answered:

159:4.2

“Nathaniel, you have rightly judged; I do not regard the Scriptures as do the rabbis. I will talk with you about this matter on condition that you do not relate these things to your brethren, who are not all prepared to receive this teaching. The words of the law of Moses and the teachings of the Scriptures were not in existence before Abraham. Only in recent times have the Scriptures been gathered together as we now have them. While they contain the best of the higher thoughts and longings of the Jewish people, they also contain much that is far from being representative of the character and teachings of the Father in heaven; wherefore must I choose from among the better teachings those truths which are to be gleaned for the gospel of the kingdom.

159:4.3

“These writings are the work of men, some of them holy men, others not so holy. The teachings of these books represent the views and extent of enlightenment of the times in which they had their origin. As a revelation of truth, the last are more dependable than the first. The Scriptures are faulty and altogether human in origin, but mistake not, they do constitute the best collection of religious wisdom and spiritual truth to be found in all the world at this time.

159:4.4

“Many of these books were not written by the persons whose names they bear, but that in no way detracts from the value of the truths which they contain. If the story of Jonah should not be a fact, even if Jonah had never lived, still would the profound truth of this narrative, the love of God for Nineveh and the so-called heathen, be none the less precious in the eyes of all those who love their fellow men. The Scriptures are sacred because they present the thoughts and acts of men who were searching for God, and who in these writings left on record their highest concepts of righteousness, truth, and holiness. The Scriptures contain much that is true, very much, but in the light of your present teaching, you know that these writings also contain much that is misrepresentative of the Father in heaven, the loving God I have come to reveal to all the worlds.

1,768

“Nathaniel, never permit yourself for one moment to believe the Scripture records which tell you that the God of love directed your forefathers to go forth in battle to slay all their enemies—men, women, and children. Such records are the words of men, not very holy men, and they are not the word of God. The Scriptures always have, and always will, reflect the intellectual, moral, and spiritual status of those who create them. Have you not noted that the concepts of Yahweh grow in beauty and glory as the prophets make their records from Samuel to Isaiah? And you should remember that the Scriptures are intended for religious instruction and spiritual guidance. They are not the works of either historians or philosophers.

159:4.6

“The thing most deplorable is not merely this erroneous idea of the absolute perfection of the Scripture record and the infallibility of its teachings, but rather the confusing misinterpretation of these sacred writings by the tradition-enslaved scribes and Pharisees at Jerusalem. And now will they employ both the doctrine of the inspiration of the Scriptures and their misinterpretations thereof in their determined effort to withstand these newer teachings of the gospel of the kingdom. Nathaniel, never forget, the Father does not limit the revelation of truth to any one generation or to any one people. Many earnest seekers after the truth have been, and will continue to be, confused and disheartened by these doctrines of the perfection of the Scriptures.

159:4.7

“The authority of truth is the very spirit that indwells its living manifestations, and not the dead words of the less illuminated and supposedly inspired men of another generation. And even if these holy men of old lived inspired and spirit-filled lives, that does not mean that their words were similarly spiritually inspired. Today we make no record of the teachings of this gospel of the kingdom lest, when I have gone, you speedily become divided up into sundry groups of truth contenders as a result of the diversity of your interpretation of my teachings. For this generation it is best that we live these truths while we shun the making of records.

159:4.8

“Mark you well my words, Nathaniel, nothing which human nature has touched can be regarded as infallible. Through the mind of man divine truth may indeed shine forth, but always of relative purity and partial divinity. The creature may crave infallibility, but only the Creators possess it.

159:4.9

“But the greatest error of the teaching about the Scriptures is the doctrine of their being sealed books of mystery and wisdom which only the wise minds of the nation dare to interpret. The revelations of divine truth are not sealed except by human ignorance, bigotry, and narrow-minded intolerance. The light of the Scriptures is only dimmed by prejudice and darkened by superstition. A false fear of sacredness has prevented religion from being safeguarded by common sense. The fear of the authority of the sacred writings of the past effectively prevents the honest souls of today from accepting the new light of the gospel, the light which these very God-knowing men of another generation so intensely longed to see.

1,769

“But the saddest feature of all is the fact that some of the teachers of the sanctity of this traditionalism know this very truth. They more or less fully understand these limitations of Scripture, but they are moral cowards, intellectually dishonest. They know the truth regarding the sacred writings, but they prefer to withhold such disturbing facts from the people. And thus do they pervert and distort the Scriptures, making them the guide to slavish details of the daily life and an authority in things nonspiritual instead of appealing to the sacred writings as the repository of the moral wisdom, religious inspiration, and the spiritual teaching of the God-knowing men of other generations.”

 

Link to continue

 

 

159:4.1

 

 

Edited by Will Due
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Essan
Posted (edited)

Will - could you make it clear when you are quoting from a publication, by using the "quote" and  then add in your own words why you think it's pertinent to this "appraisal" of what has already been demonstrated to be a book full of falsehoods?  

We are discussing the UB.  Not preaching.


 

Edited by Essan
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jodie.Lynne
38 minutes ago, Essan said:

We are discussing the UB.  Not preaching.

For him it's the same thing.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
46 minutes ago, Essan said:

Will - could you make it clear when you are quoting from a publication, by using the "quote" and  then add in your own words why you think it's pertinent to this "appraisal" of what has already been demonstrated to be a book full of falsehoods?  

 

Essan, would you mind answering me this question?

If you've read all of what I quoted from the Urantia Book in my last post where the authors present what Jesus said in reply to being asked to "know the truth about the Scriptures" what is false about anything Jesus said?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Essan
8 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

Essan, would you mind answering me this question?

If you've read all of what I quoted from the Urantia Book in my last post where the authors present what Jesus said in reply to being asked to "know the truth about the Scriptures" what is false about anything Jesus said?

 

 

How do you know the authors were actually present at the time?  

I was there and what they claim he said is nothing like what I remember!   So I conclude they are lying to you.
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Essan said:

How do you know the authors were actually present at the time?  

 

Staying focused on what Jesus said is "the truth about the Scriptures" and disregarding who was there when he said it, I'll ask again please if you don't mind:

What is false about anything Jesus said?

 

 

Edited by Will Due

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Essan
1 minute ago, Will Due said:

 

Staying focused on what Jesus said is "the truth about the Scriptures" and disregarding who was there when he said it, I'll ask again please if you don't mind:

What is false about anything Jesus said?

How do you know what Jesus said?  ;)   

You rely on what others claim he said.  With no reason other than faith for believing them.  Maybe they were lying .....

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
15 minutes ago, Essan said:

How do you know what Jesus said?  ;)   

You rely on what others claim he said.  With no reason other than faith for believing them.  Maybe they were lying .....

Or maybe they didn't actually hear it first hand or are only partially remembering it from decades before. Hear-say and potentially bad memory don't exactly bode well for the veracity of the claims. 

cormac

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
1 minute ago, Essan said:

How do you know what Jesus said?  ;)   

 

One third of the UB is dedicated to re-presenting the life and teachings of Jesus. About seven hundred pages.

Of this I know. If those seven hundred pages are read with an open mind, the words themselves will speak to the self-evident truth of them.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
Just now, Will Due said:

 

One third of the UB is dedicated to re-presenting the life and teachings of Jesus. About seven hundred pages.

Of this I know. If those seven hundred pages are read with an open mind, the words themselves will speak to the self-evident truth of them.

 

 

Hi Will

700 pages of what he said? Why is it that those pages were not included in the bible? I have said in the past that those parts of the UB were created to develop a character into something more that never was.

jmccr8

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
12 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Or maybe they didn't actually hear it first hand or are only partially remembering it from decades before.

 

Here's what the author said about this cormac.

 

[Acknowledgment: In carrying out my commission to restate the teachings and retell the doings of Jesus of Nazareth, I have drawn freely upon all sources of record and planetary information. My ruling motive has been to prepare a record which will not only be enlightening to the generation of men now living, but which may also be helpful to all future generations. From the vast store of information made available to me, I have chosen that which is best suited to the accomplishment of this purpose. As far as possible I have derived my information from purely human sources. Only when such sources failed, have I resorted to those records which are superhuman. When ideas and concepts of Jesus’ life and teachings have been acceptably expressed by a human mind, I invariably gave preference to such apparently human thought patterns. Although I have sought to adjust the verbal expression the better to conform to our concept of the real meaning and the true import of the Master’s life and teachings, as far as possible, I have adhered to the actual human concept and thought pattern in all my narratives. I well know that those concepts which have had origin in the human mind will prove more acceptable and helpful to all other human minds. When unable to find the necessary concepts in the human records or in human expressions, I have next resorted to the memory resources of my own order of earth creatures, the midwayers. And when that secondary source of information proved inadequate, I have unhesitatingly resorted to the superplanetary sources of information.

 

Continue reading the acknowledgement

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Essan
13 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

One third of the UB is dedicated to re-presenting the life and teachings of Jesus. About seven hundred pages.

Of this I know. If those seven hundred pages are read with an open mind, the words themselves will speak to the self-evident truth of them.

 

 

In other words, you have no idea what Jesus really said ;) 

You have been lied to.   And rather than acknowledge that, you demand others accept the lies ....   Jesus would not approve!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
14 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Will

700 pages of what he said? Why is it that those pages were not included in the bible?

 

Hi J,

Here's what the Bible says about that.

 

John 21:25  

And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
1 minute ago, Will Due said:

Hi J,

Here's what the Bible says about that.

 

John 21:25  

And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

Which means they weren't written. Next!

cormac

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
10 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Here's what the author said about this cormac.

 

[Acknowledgment: In carrying out my commission to restate the teachings and retell the doings of Jesus of Nazareth, I have drawn freely upon all sources of record and planetary information. My ruling motive has been to prepare a record which will not only be enlightening to the generation of men now living, but which may also be helpful to all future generations. From the vast store of information made available to me, I have chosen that which is best suited to the accomplishment of this purpose. As far as possible I have derived my information from purely human sources. Only when such sources failed, have I resorted to those records which are superhuman. When ideas and concepts of Jesus’ life and teachings have been acceptably expressed by a human mind, I invariably gave preference to such apparently human thought patterns. Although I have sought to adjust the verbal expression the better to conform to our concept of the real meaning and the true import of the Master’s life and teachings, as far as possible, I have adhered to the actual human concept and thought pattern in all my narratives. I well know that those concepts which have had origin in the human mind will prove more acceptable and helpful to all other human minds. When unable to find the necessary concepts in the human records or in human expressions, I have next resorted to the memory resources of my own order of earth creatures, the midwayers. And when that secondary source of information proved inadequate, I have unhesitatingly resorted to the superplanetary sources of information.

 

Continue reading the acknowledgement

Which means you have nothing meaningful to offer as regards Jesus' actual words. Expected as much. 

cormac

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
3 hours ago, Will Due said:

 

Hi J,

Here's what the Bible says about that.

 

John 21:25  

And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

 

 

Hi Will

Unfortunately, that lone one sentence passage from the bible is not a credible reference. For this to be productive there would need to be other independent points of reference that could be verified for the time of Jesus on Earth. Specifically from the locations and cultures that he was said to have been.

jmccr8

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.