Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Urantia Book Poll

Davros of Skaro

The UB. Made up, or inspired?   

51 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Urantia Book fact, or fake?

• Real channeled knowledge ?
    • Person, or people fakery?

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Hammer

Never was much on video games but have seen some interesting scenarios playing pool and darts(booze included for dramatic effect:lol:)

jmccr8

The story was more important than the game, just as Thomas's real and personal dilemma is more important than the fantastical narrative.. It's a medium of expression, just like books or film, frivolous and fancy shallow and deep. As the author of the Covenant books uses fantasy, allegorically, Silent Hill also uses the game medium as something more than the sum of it's parts.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

The story was more important than the game, just as Thomas's real and personal dilemma is more important than the fantastical narrative.. It's a medium of expression, just like books or film, frivolous and fancy shallow and deep. As the author of the Covenant books uses fantasy, allegorically, Silent Hill also uses the game medium as something more than the sum of it's parts

Hi Hammer

Very much so and that is the point of fantasy to abstract ourselves and face challenges from safety for some and for others whose lives are that challenged it is a safe means of finding alternatives or recognize strengths and abilities to develop and use(I am not meaning magical or otherly powers)within ourselves. I faced challenges at the time I read the series and saw a faith in oneself that could be utilized and not in a fictional way.

jmccr8

20 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Hammer

Very much so and that is the point of fantasy to abstract ourselves and face challenges from safety for some and for others whose lives are that challenged it is a safe means of finding alternatives or recognize strengths and abilities to develop and use(I am not meaning magical or otherly powers)within ourselves. I faced challenges at the time I read the series and saw a faith in oneself that could be utilized and not in a fictional way.

jmccr8

Good books can have that effect. David Lindsay's  A Voyage To Arcturus had a salutary effect on my morale one bleak October, long ago in a galaxy far, far away.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Good books can have that effect. David Lindsay's  A Voyage To Arcturus had a salutary effect on my morale one bleak October, long ago in a galaxy far, far away.

Hi Hammer

Edzackery, it's like a pair of pants you don't have to dress them to the left or right just leave enough room to hang till you have a preference

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Hammer

Edzackery, it's like a pair of pants you don't have to dress them to the left or right just leave enough room to hang till you have a preference

I'd be more pedantic and say "inspiration for an epiphany". Fictional dilemmas and their resolutions can inspire or help with the very real one's in one's own life.

• Like 1

About time for some shuteye. "Tis now the very witching time of night, when churchyards yawn and Hell itself breathes out contagion to this world. Now could I drink hot blood and do such bitter business as the day would quake to look on."

4 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I'm not seeing 'above average' I'm seeing a decent helping of crazy. 

I take it learning is not 'your thing' it shows. 

How do people like you come to sucj ridiculous ideas? Are you a fundamentalist or brain damaged? 

He sucks at it then

Christian rock is pretty much all crap. 

My hobby is music. God and religion does not, and never has inspired me in any way. 

?? 

Kill what? Common sense? Logic? Critical thinking? 

No its not. Love didn't help the kids molested by priests  Are you a crazy person? Is that your problem? 

Then why is everyone hanging around? Why don't millions fast track their path to heaven? 

Good album too. Its a fundraiser for Andrew Woods family, lead singer of the bands Malfunkshun and Mother Love Bone when he passed away. 

I agree that all Christian rock, and pop too, is crap, if it is trying to pass as inspirational music. But I guess that it plays well to an audience of the younger generation of brainwashed religious fanatics. But my hunch is that God favors non-religious rock and roll, rhythm and blues, jazz, classical, Opera, and above all, Neapolitan and pop Italian music.

Music is a great hobby, and if one can make it, besides being just a passive audiophile, it's even better.

All that I say sounds crazy, and I cannot argue against that with those that don't truly understand existence, and why there is nothing rather than something. Most of all, it is futile for me to make rational what seems irrational to those that cannot grasp, nor strive to grasp the absolute necessity for their really being God. And I mean God in the absolute, and free from all the religious ideas mankind has been able to, so far, formulated about God.

I don't expect anyone who does not accept the reality of the existence of our immortal souls to understand that anything that happens to the body is trivial. Yes, trivial material sensations, which are meant to entertain more than anything. I realize, and quite well aware that it seems insane to make out death, pain, suffering, and all other atrocities, such as child molestation, mass murders, torturing, and above all, the atrocities committed in the name of holy wars, or just wars for political holiness. However, believe it or not, and as they say, "everything happens for the best."  And the only education, learning, that is worthy to lead a soul to understanding, true understanding of this "existence" we are living in this "material world," is the knowledge of "good and evil", our rules and instructions for this game we are living. As it is said, Is not this true, that the search for truth is a better thing for us than its possession? In a game this is absolutely true. We have been playing these kind of games in eternity.

In making this shorter, since you are a music enthusiast, you are a material guy, and you live in a material world. However, Spiritually, you are dead! Correction, you are sleeping!

Have you ever seen an apparition of the Madonna?

17 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

Do you feel worthy of my attention?

Is it as worthless and empty as your claims?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Is it as worthless and empty as your claims?

Do you feel worthy of my attention?

Thread closed for moderator review.

• Thanks 6

• The topic was locked