Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - HUGE SCANDAL!!!!

Aquila King

43 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

She's going to be a force to be reckoned with when she does though.

Republicans will spend the next decade turning her into the next Clinton/Pelosi. 

5 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Republicans will spend the next decade turning her into the next Clinton/Pelosi. 

Difference is she isn't a petty corrupt corporate hack like either of those two. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

She's going to be a force to be reckoned with when she does though.

Only if a majority of Americans buy into the fantasy that the "rich" have enough assets to "contribute" so that the majority of the rest of us can have the "good life".  That last term meaning whatever the voters assume it to mean.  They're speaking of free healthcare, free education and an unending raft of benefits for the unlimited numbers of human beings that can make it onto our soil by hook or crook.  The one thing I will say in her favor is that at least she's being honest about her plans.  If the country accepts those plans, the country falls into irrelevance within a decade or two.  When that happens, it isn't going to matter who gets the blame.  The same crowd of folks that vote for the free stuff will burn the cities when the free stuff stops coming.  It's foolishness to imagine that the wealthy will allow their fortunes to be seized without attempting to safely place it offshore and out of reach.  

• Like 2

I say give her twenty years, she'll be both wizened and still young.

Might make the perfect President.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

They can try, but she doesn't have the baggage that Pelosi and Clinton have. She isn't a partisan hack by any stretch of the word.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

They can try, but she doesn't have the baggage that Pelosi and Clinton have. She isn't a partisan hack by any stretch of the word.

They've already started. She's a 'commie' and a 'little girl'. Laying the groundwork.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

They've already started. She's a 'commie' and a 'little girl'. Laying the groundwork.

That'll do nothing but build her up.

:D

• Like 3

Jeeeezzzuuuussss....

This is a perfect example of how the "average voter" becomes "zombified" for the rest of their lives lol

Seriously,all this super praise of how "she's not this,she's not that"...SHE'S just getting started in Washington!...She a nobody at the moment...Not a has been,not a never was...Nothing!

A lot of politicians started young in Washington with fresh new ideas but...give her a few years of the Nancy's and Chucks trying to grease her and her friends up and see what happens then ;)

As for the "Huge Scandal" part...Nah not really,even Trumps so called mouthpiece Fox News even thought it was cute and made her more likeable!

She is cute though ^_^

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Jeeeezzzuuuussss....

This is a perfect example of how the "average voter" becomes "zombified" for the rest of their lives lol

Seriously,all this super praise of how "she's not this,she's not that"...SHE'S just getting started in Washington!...She a nobody at the moment...Not a has been,not a never was...Nothing!

Yes, this is the "Ms. Cortez Goes to Washington" moment.

If anyone needs a reference, they also need a slap.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Yes, this is the "Ms. Cortez Goes to Washington" moment.

If anyone needs a reference, they also need a slap.

I had already thought that before i posted :tu: :lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Cutting taxes is wrong if you do it incorrectly.  If it was the right thing to do we would have 0% taxes. 

She's only 28.  It will be almost a decade before she can even be eligible. 

Gromdor, you have all the time to show me how Trump's tax cuts have failed like they did in Kansas. Funny how you hold up the failure case and claim it to be the microcosm of the way it works but you never hold up the great show Trump's cuts have produced for all of America - which, by the way, is much bigger than Kansas.

https://apnews.com/f3925762c6f845dfab936b45c28b4176    Hiring binge in December 

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/04/manufacturing-posts-best-calendar-year-for-job-gains-since-1997.html     Biggest manufacturing jobs gain in 20 years

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/hispanic-unemployment-rate-hits-record-low-december    Hispanic jobless rate lowest EVER.

And all you can do is hold "Kansas" up at me.   **ANYTHING** to crap on Trump.  If what you said was true, they WOULD be bringing taxes back up to prior levels... but they're not. Nobody in Washington is complaining about the economy. Nobody. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kenemet said:

My first response was about the number of jobs created - when you said that it was the wealthy who created jobs, I pointed out that they weren't spending those billions to make new jobs.  Most of them started with inherited wealth and businesses and built them up with profits from that business.  While they made an initial investment, they are not reinvesting their fortunes into the businesses and are indeed just sitting back and raking in profits.

Absolutely false, Kenemet.  They ARE spending their money to create jobs. Job creation has skyrocketed.  And you think that is just a coincidence of Trump cutting taxes???  If so, please get a link on here to back that up.  We know for certain that when trump cut taxes hundreds of $billions came back into the US. What do you *think* they did with that money, ogle and admire it every day???  (See my post before this one to Gromdor)

And unlike the rest of us, the super-wealthy have tax advantages that 99% of America can't access.  So they haven't been pulling their weight. 

Really?! I just read that of the people who earn more than $134,000 per year pay 84% of the income tax. So I beg to differ.

I think they should.

And darn few industrialists start out as farmers or shade tree mechanics with no capital backing.

Ever hear of venture capitalists?  They fund a lot of upstart businesses in the US and I am sure, elsewhere.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I think she would be old enough in 2024, but when she decided to run she would still be a birthday short. Seen people asking online if you can enter the race before the age limit if you would be old enough by the time you were sworn in. Not sure what the specifics are on it.

Let's put it this way, EMM, if the dems want her to run, they'll break the damm law to get her in there like they did with obama

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aquila King said:

Difference is she isn't a petty corrupt corporate hack like either of those two. 

Not yet...  She's new.  give her time

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

I say... Let her run British Columbia first, to get warmed up!! :lol:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Gromdor, you have all the time to show me how Trump's tax cuts have failed like they did in Kansas. Funny how you hold up the failure case and claim it to be the microcosm of the way it works but you never hold up the great show Trump's cuts have produced for all of America - which, by the way, is much bigger than Kansas.

https://apnews.com/f3925762c6f845dfab936b45c28b4176    Hiring binge in December 

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/04/manufacturing-posts-best-calendar-year-for-job-gains-since-1997.html     Biggest manufacturing jobs gain in 20 years

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/hispanic-unemployment-rate-hits-record-low-december    Hispanic jobless rate lowest EVER.

And all you can do is hold "Kansas" up at me.   **ANYTHING** to crap on Trump.  If what you said was true, they WOULD be bringing taxes back up to prior levels... but they're not. Nobody in Washington is complaining about the economy. Nobody. 

Eh, let's just wait for it to stew then.  If you have to wait for it to be on TV to be true, we can do that.   We have to resolve this current budget side show before we can go to the next disaster.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Take the "incentive" away, Kenemet, and wee're all done raising new, up coming industrailists of all kinds.

Bllionaires do not create jobs, the market does.  Billionaires have a seat at the table and have the resources to ride the trend up and turn it into more resources.  The incentive is always there and it is more than money.  If all anybody with a billion dollars can make is 10% , their money doubles in about seven years.   And so does ours if we invest properly.   Jobs are made by people who want something, like an I phone, badly enough to buy it.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

From your link:

That's the thing about averages, they can distort the realities of the situation. That 2000 dollars doesn't mean that most people saw anywhere near 2000 dollars. It just means that the numbers were just so absurdly high for the rich that it fudges the them.

Uh, yeah. But that's not the same as "Most of it goes to the top 1%" now is it?

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Bllionaires do not create jobs, the market does.  Billionaires have a seat at the table and have the resources to ride the trend up and turn it into more resources.  The incentive is always there and it is more than money.  If all anybody with a billion dollars can make is 10% , their money doubles in about seven years.   And so does ours if we invest properly.   Jobs are made by people who want something, like an I phone, badly enough to buy it.

Do billionaires provide the "market" though? :P

Billionaires are people who want MORE, and so they need to sell/build/provide more. That is creating jobs... at least in my thinking.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I think everybody is placing too much importance on her. She's done nothing yet.

10 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

But you guys are both exemplifying a problem here thinking of her tenure as decades or more. Let's see if she supports Cruz's term limit amendment. She probably doesn't even know what the current terms of Congress are. Hopefully she returns to her chambers sooner than later and the people get rid of her poisonous ideology.

• Like 2

i just looked at few sites at articles about her, and every single one of them is basically about her having a big mouth and talking sht. that is all she has to offer, she is direct equivalent of Zhirinovsky in russian duma.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I think everybody is placing too much importance on her. She's done nothing yet.

F3SS,  in my case, I worry about what got her elected in the first place. In the primaries, she beat  a 10-term democrat. That represents a major shift in people's attitudes and I don't see it as a good thing at all. She reminds me of a Ted Kennedy gone berserk but her people like her.

11 minutes ago, F3SS said:

But you guys are both exemplifying a problem here thinking of her tenure as decades or more. Let's see if she supports Cruz's term limit amendment. She probably doesn't even know what the current terms of Congress are. Hopefully she returns to her chambers sooner than later and the people get rid of her poisonous ideology.

LOL, twue d'at

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Absolutely false, Kenemet.  They ARE spending their money to create jobs. Job creation has skyrocketed.  And you think that is just a coincidence of Trump cutting taxes???  If so, please get a link on here to back that up.  We know for certain that when trump cut taxes hundreds of $billions came back into the US. What do you *think* they did with that money, ogle and admire it every day???  (See my post before this one to Gromdor)

Really?! I just read that of the people who earn more than $134,000 per year pay 84% of the income tax. So I beg to differ.

Ever hear of venture capitalists?  They fund a lot of upstart businesses in the US and I am sure, elsewhere.

Allow me to correct some misperceptions here.  When I'm talking of the wealthy, I'm talking people who make more than $10 million/year.  $134,000 per year is considered a middle class income in urban areas. (check it out: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/09/06/are-you-in-the-american-middle-class/)

And yes, we middle class folks pay most of the income tax.  Remember Trump's brag that he pays no income tax?  That's because he's got tax shelters and any business loss (including ones he takes deliberately) can be used to wipe out his tax bill.

The rest of us don't have that option.

Venture capitalists aren't the ones creating those jobs.  They act as banks and give loans but they don't actually say "go out and hire 5,000 people."  They fund something and expect a payback -- investors, not owners.

Yeah, I think they need to have their loopholes shut down and pay taxes like the rest of us.  30% wouldn't hurt, and if they did that, we could relieve some of the tax burden on poorer Americans or at least fund some highway and bridge infrastructure projects, no matter how small.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

I think you probably haven't read much about her, then, if you think she doesn't know what the current terms of Congress are.  She worked for Bernie Sanders, for one thing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexandria_Ocasio-Cortez#Early_life_and_education

• Like 3

Now that Pelosi has the gavel, if Cortez doesn't tow the line, she will be delegated into irrelevancy.  By 2020, we'll see if she becomes corrupt or remains ignorant.

• Like 1