Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - HUGE SCANDAL!!!!

Aquila King

10 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Honestly, if it is revolution you are worried about, I'd be more concerned about Ocasio-Cortez or Bernie Sander's followers once they find out they will never be able to enact change via political means.  

What makes you say that?

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, perhaps. But their economy is a total basket case. Nobody earns enough to pay the top tax bracket. 

yup. Chavez started replacing people that knew how to run their own petrol company with know-nothing loyalists. And the production of said company has been falling every year since then. They have to pay back loans based on projected figure of income from petrol but are of course, way off. Defaults on loans will happen. Also Chavez and Maduro have been so harsh on businesses all over the country that many have been closed down and owners moved out. Massive  unemployment.

It's the same thing over and over again.  People think that "spending other people's money" is the solution. But it turns out to be the problem.

Right now, people in Venezuela call it the "brain drain" as the best and brightest and are moving out to find opportunity. Three million and counting.

Most American owned business have given up and just called it a loss. Some stay and bleed money every year. 

But,,, MAduro and his high henchmen live like kings!!!

• Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 1:08 PM, Michelle said:

It shows the amount of class she has. She supposedly said this to her young son after he said bullies don't win.

I wonder if she's ever grabbed someone by the p***y.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I can agree with all of the above.   But one must ask, when Trump lowered the tax rate on businesses, how come all that money came flowing into America?

Trump is a smart businessman. His plan worked, that is, the money flowed in, and yes,  it was invested domestically. 

In order to make a business work, you need:  A business person with a good plan;  a workforce that can be tapped;  Funding - from a bank or venture capitalists;  and finally, a public willing to buy your product.

and the hardest element  to come by is.... FUNDING.  Lots of people can run a business, lots of people can work, lots of people can buy products,, very few can produce large amount of working capital.

Hi Earl, doing well how about you?

You are right about funding, although  I think American prosperity and the internet will allow every day folks to pool their money and provide some of that future funding.  Beside the point though.

I don't know how much of that tax cut has flowed back in America and how much got invested overseas.  I don't know how much of it actually went into expansion and new plants.   If there was more capital to invest in the US, you are right we got the benefit. If GM used their tax break to expand in China, not as good Depends on how many companies did what with that extra money.  It might be hard to find out the real numbers.  Everybody has their own facts to grind.

45 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Hi Earl, doing well how about you?

Good to hear. And if I was to be doing any better, I'd have to be twins :rolleyes:   Thanks

You are right about funding, although  I think American prosperity and the internet will allow every day folks to pool their money and provide some of that future funding.  Beside the point though.

We have that now, to a small degree, "GoFundMe"  "KickStart" etc.  But they can't do large investments. People try,b like the vets trying to raise money to fund The Wall. Gad. How much can they really expect to get? 

I don't know how much of that tax cut has flowed back in America and how much got invested overseas.

This is one of those factoids the the MSM doesn't expand upon. I know at one point I had heard on radio news (abc, I think) that hundreds of billions had flowed back into the US

I don't know how much of it actually went into expansion and new plants.   If there was more capital to invest in the US, you are right we got the benefit. If GM used their tax break to expand in China, not as good Depends on how many companies did what with that extra money.  It might be hard to find out the real numbers.  Everybody has their own facts to grind.

You got that right.  peace love dove.

On 1/4/2019 at 1:08 PM, Michelle said:

It shows the amount of class she has. She supposedly said this to her young son after he said bullies don't win.

It really is funny,Dems and there voting base have been just as nasty if not worse than Trump and his base...

We hear though,"Trump is the president,he is supposed to represent us all with dignity!...So and so is just a representitive of a portion so they don't matter as much"...

Sure they do!...Look at the disgusting things people say about Trump and his Trumpers every single day across media platforms and vice versa...Instead of being a snake in the grass about his own brand of nastiness,he is instead much more straightforward in his approach.

"The POTUS is supposed to represent us to the world"...well if so,from everything i see and read from the left,media,and citizens from other countries...HE DOES REPRESENT US QUITE WELL IN FACT!He's just as nasty to the opposite thinkers as they are to others who do not think like them...

Throw away the fake "piety" and really reflect on your own actions toward all those who have disagreed with our stances over the past few years,this goes for Americans and those abroad...We humans left,right,and center have been no angels toward each other since before or since Trump....

A little self reflection will show Trump is a little bit like us all,no matter if we want to admit it or not!

Macron plays the "slick,suave" politician to the hilt...look how great he's came across :lol:

eta...(i wasn't really aiming this at you Michelle ;) :lol:)

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, perhaps. But their economy is a total basket case. Nobody earns enough to pay the top tax bracket. 

I would imagine it would be the opposite with their rampant inflation.  It takes longer to change the tax laws than it does for inflation to price everyone in the top bracket.

• Like 1

I want Congressional tax returns to be required to be made public also.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, susieice said:

I want Congressional tax returns to be required to be made public also.

We need a "special counsel" to review all these millionares and see exactly how they became that way...make sure every penny is accounted for,and make sure it was earned on a level playing field! ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Aquila King said:

What makes you say that?

My pessimism.  Violence is the ultimate form of debate and it's the level people resort to when they feel frustrated and thwarted.  I picture a "gauge" with civil discourse at the bottom, protests in the middle, violent protests a bit higher, and a full blown revolution on top.  The necessary existence of the likes such as Antifa in the numbers that they are in already put the left side gauge fairly high.  Aztek and And then might talk about revolution but the left seems actually pushed towards it more.  A poor guy watching his mom die from cancer with no health insurance is more inclined to violence than a guy who's tax went up a few percentage points.  You actually have to address the issues that the other side holds dear to make that gauge go down.  We don't do that. The way things are, I see the gauge filling up on the left side way before the right.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

My pessimism.  Violence is the ultimate form of debate and it's the level people resort to when they feel frustrated and thwarted.  I picture a "gauge" with civil discourse at the bottom, protests in the middle, violent protests a bit higher, and a full blown revolution on top.  The necessary existence of the likes such as Antifa in the numbers that they are in already put the left side gauge fairly high.  Aztek and And then might talk about revolution but the left seems actually pushed towards it more.  A poor guy watching his mom die from cancer with no health insurance is more inclined to violence than a guy who's tax went up a few percentage points.  You actually have to address the issues that the other side holds dear to make that gauge go down.  We don't do that. The way things are, I see the gauge filling up on the left side way before the right.

But see...that's part of the problem right there of "us vs them"

I know plenty of Republicans living paycheck to paycheck who are in the same scenario as yours above with no or little insurance.

The main problem they had with Obamacare was being forced to participate or be punished no matter if they ever used it or not...i know,i know "but we are made to pay for and participate in many things already ect.,ect,ect"...while true,we are reaching a breaking point between liberty and big gov running our lives 24/7.

Is Nancy and Chuck gonna start foregoing their annual pay and top flight insurance to give to their voting base?...of course not,they are no better than Republicans in office and just as clueless on where all the money will come from and how to spend it on there little projects.

I knew a few people who had "affordable enforced healthcare"...80% would have prefered to have not had insurance at all!

Don't get me wrong,i would be all for a type of "healthcare for all" but doing so as a partisan tool does no one any good...

43 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

We need a "special counsel" to review all these millionares and see exactly how they became that way...make sure every penny is accounted for,and make sure it was earned on a level playing field! ;)

Absolutely. They all become millionaires and have life long benefits while we the people struggle for every little thing. They should be held accountable to the people. Like I said in the other thread, they will most likely hide their bribes and kick backs which of course, will make them better than the people they attack about theirs. I have to give Trump credit in that at least he had a job before he went into politics.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CrimsonKing said:

But see...that's part of the problem right there of "us vs them"

I know plenty of Republicans living paycheck to paycheck who are in the same scenario as yours above with no or little insurance.

The main problem they had with Obamacare was being forced to participate or be punished no matter if they ever used it or not...i know,i know "but we are made to pay for and participate in many things already ect.,ect,ect"...while true,we are reaching a breaking point between liberty and big gov running our lives 24/7.

Is Nancy and Chuck gonna start foregoing their annual pay and top flight insurance to give to their voting base?...of course not,they are no better than Republicans in office and just as clueless on where all the money will come from and how to spend it on there little projects.

I knew a few people who had "affordable enforced healthcare"...80% would have prefered to have not had insurance at all!

Don't get me wrong,i would be all for a type of "healthcare for all" but doing so as a partisan tool does no one any good...

The health care aspect was just a side to illustrate issues that are unaddressed that could add up towards violence.  It would take a wider range of issues for a full blown revolution.  A poor republican lacking healthcare wouldn't join antifa or the like lynching a politician (if it got to that point) for instance.  Defusing the whole "Right vs Left" dichotomy would go a long way to cooling things down, but no one seems interested in doing that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

Absolutely. They all become millionaires and have life long benefits while we the people struggle for every little thing. They should be held accountable to the people. Like I said in the other thread, they will most likely hide their bribes and kick backs which of course, will make them better than the people they attack about theirs. I have to give Trump credit in that at least he had a job before he went into politics.

I wouldn't mind that either.  A full time special counselor or agency that did nothing but protect against corruption in the government.  Something like the Office of Government Ethics but for both the executive branch and congress.  It also has to have more teeth.  Right now they just give recommendations that get ignored. https://www.npr.org/2017/07/06/535781749/ethics-office-director-walter-shaub-resigns-saying-rules-need-to-be-tougher

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

The health care aspect was just a side to illustrate issues that are unaddressed that could add up towards violence.  It would take a wider range of issues for a full blown revolution.  A poor republican lacking healthcare wouldn't join antifa or the like lynching a politician (if it got to that point) for instance.  Defusing the whole "Right vs Left" dichotomy would go a long way to cooling things down, but no one seems interested in doing that.

I got ya :tu:

As for healthcare itself...We the people,ALL of us should stop worrying about who's gonna pay for our insurance and stand TOGETHER and demand a drop in healthcare prices!....

Staying in a room overnight with a tube connected to your arm and a pan to pee in shouldn't cost a person 5 grand!...Need a aspirin,that'll be $25...Need a bandage and a dimes worth of neosporin,that'll be $75 :blink:

eta

It's becoming a case of either we all hang together,or we all hang seperately...which is what our partisan political leaders have been thoroughly enjoying more and more post WW2...

We sit back tearing into each other,while the rich keep getting richer,the middle class keeps vanishing,and the poor become the fastest growing population. <_<

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

:huh: I can somewhat understand what you're saying here, but at the same time...

I mean, I know that you aren't personally advocating in favor of any sort of violence, and I get the fact that there are millions of innocent people being adversely affected by America's political system, and that that would undoubtedly be great motivator towards a violent leftist uprising against that very oppressive system.

However, if you look back in recent history, nearly all major civil rights movements, as well as other cultural and political movements have primarily been accomplished without violence. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s civil rights movement was done through peaceful protest. The protests to end the war in Vietnam, the women's suffrage movement, Roe vs. Wade, and the LGBTQ rights movements; they were all left-wing revolutions done peacefully, without violence.

Sure, there were a few fringe radical groups that took a more violent hateful approach like the Black Panthers, etc. But overall, the majority of those fighting back against an unjust and oppressive political system did so through peaceful democratic means. I don't see why the same is impossible now.

If you poll progressive causes issue by issue, the American people overwhelmingly support a more progressive agenda, whether they realize it to be of the label 'progressive' or not. Most Americans want big money out of our political system, most want some sort of Medicare-for-ALL type system, most want to raise taxes on the wealthiest Americans, most want to raise the minimum wage to be a living wage, etc. These are populist causes, and are therefore overwhelmingly popular. The key is simply in getting the right candidate(s) messages out there to enough people, which slowly but surely, we are doing.

I wouldn't be so pessimistic about things if I were you. Sure, we have a long way to go, and things seem undeniably bleak in this era of Trumpism, but we are headed in the right direction, and without any necessity for violence.

Also, just from a historical and statistical standpoint, it's the right who is more likely to use violence to spread their political ideology. That's just a fact:

• Like 1

On 1/7/2019 at 11:36 AM, deusex said:

I don't see a point arguing with libs/socials/communists (all the same to me)  You want to change American system? move to Russia and tell me how it works out.  increasing taxes to 70% is the most idiotic idea ever and trying to go "green" in 10yrs will destroy this country, wtf is this crazy lady even talking about.

Wealthy like typing detected .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Aquila King said:

What makes you say that?

Because half things they want to change will require constitutional amendments which will never pass, and the rest will be opposed by the people with money and therefore influence and thus their own paid for congressmen and women.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Because half things they want to change will require constitutional amendments which will never pass, and the rest will be opposed by the people with money and therefore influence and thus their own paid for congressmen and women.

Yeah yeah yeah, "I don't like it therefore it won't happen" blah blah, I've heard it all before... :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Yeah yeah yeah, "I don't like it therefore it won't happen" blah blah, I've heard it all before... :rolleyes:

Because that is precisely what I just said, and not you go going “la la la, can’t hear you”. 

What politician in the pocket of Big Business will vote for increase business taxes? How else can you bring in gun control without changing thr constitution?

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Because that is precisely what I just said, and not you go going “la la la, can’t hear you”. 

What politician in the pocket of Big Business will vote for increase business taxes? How else can you bring in gun control without changing thr constitution?

Careful...you will be forever labeled a Trumpster or *gasp* a right-wing extremest. ;) :lol:

1 hour ago, Aquila King said:

Can you give any examples of where it HAS happened, and happened sucessfully ? 

Um the Vietnam war didn't end after the Americans left, it carried on and Vietnam collapased and now is a communist state.

I think Aquila is saying Trump is addressing the nation's problems but using rhetoric and attacks won't help his cause. The democrats do know there are problems but want it on their terms, they will only listen if he calms down.

The wall would only get built if dreamers are allowed in and the wall for anti cartel and smuggling, which the democrats might agree too

• Like 2

Holy Moley!  Red Alert!

Fox News Debuts Premium Channel For 24-Hour Coverage Of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

https://www.theonion.com/fox-news-debuts-premium-channel-for-24-hour-coverage-of-1831814505?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark 

:rofl::lol:

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Haha 1

On 1/8/2019 at 10:07 AM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

yup. Chavez started replacing people that knew how to run their own petrol company with know-nothing loyalists.

Whoa!  Sounds local doesn't it?