Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - HUGE SCANDAL!!!!

Aquila King

On 1/8/2019 at 1:11 PM, CrimsonKing said:

We need a "special counsel" to review all these millionares and see exactly how they became that way...make sure every penny is accounted for,and make sure it was earned on a level playing field! 

What do you mean level playing field?  Is there one?  Has there ever been?

On 1/8/2019 at 12:18 PM, CrimsonKing said:

Throw away the fake "piety" and really reflect on your own actions toward all those who have disagreed with our stances over the past few years,this goes for Americans and those abroad...We humans left,right,and center have been no angels toward each other since before or since Trump....

A little self reflection will show Trump is a little bit like us all,no matter if we want to admit it or not!

Of course he is.  Does that mean he encourages us to rise to our best or allows us to sink to our worst?  What kind of a leader do you want?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/8/2019 at 1:57 PM, susieice said:

I have to give Trump credit in that at least he had a job before he went into politics.

Well that was the cool thing.  He was an outsider, but he had a lot more experience with bribery, kick backs and influence peddling than most new politicians.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

Of course he is.  Does that mean he encourages us to rise to our best or allows us to sink to our worst?  What kind of a leader do you want?

No one dictates my character...including a president. Do you think people alter their behavior according to the latest trends?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

No one dictates my character...including a president. Do you think people alter their behavior according to the latest trends?

Well said Michell :tu:

I have NEVER acted or treated anyone differently because we changed political leaders...President,Congress,senator,ect...

As for your second sentence...absolutely!...watch easily available video footage of the likes of Nancy,Barry,Hillary,or Chuck from 10-20 years ago...Completely different people from the versions based on their own words that came outta their own mouths!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

As for your second sentence...absolutely!...watch easily available video footage of the likes of Nancy,Barry,Hillary,or Chuck from 10-20 years ago...Completely different people from the versions based on their own words that came outta their own mouths!

As soon as I hit enter I had flashbacks. They don't flip-flop, they "evolve". :lol:

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/8/2019 at 9:50 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

What politician in the pocket of Big Business will vote for increase business taxes? How else can you bring in gun control without changing thr constitution?

None of course.  Can we find or elect politicians who are not?    Corporate taxes under the conservative paragon Ronald Reagan he reduced them from 70 % to 50%. later to 28%, still a bit higher than today.  In fact, America was almost great. " Mr. Gorbachev, tear down that wall." One might argue that it was even greater than it is today.   There were still one or two little things that needed fixing.

As far as gun control, the courts have some ability to interpret what age a citizen can bear arms and what sort of arms are allowable. Currently, rocket propelled grenades, machine guns, and hand grenades as well as chemical weapons  are not allowed by current interpretation of the 2nd Amendment.  It may be a that a future court would apply further restrictions on weapon type or age limits, or who knows maybe they will loosen them.  

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

As soon as I hit enter I had flashbacks. :lol:

It's not about being right or wrong for our "leaders"...it's what's "hip" in the current political race that will get them the most votes!

Honor,integrity,actual personal feelings...garbage!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Michelle said:

For you I am grateful and proud.  But yes I do, there are plenty of citizens of questionable or weak character that are reluctant to let it all hang out if their leader and the law discourage it out.  On the other hand if they get a nod and a wink, they might feel free to take advantage of the situation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

For you I am grateful and proud.  But yes I do, there are plenty of citizens of questionable or weak character that are reluctant to let it all hang out if their leader and the law discourage it out.  On the other hand if they get a nod and a wink, they might feel free to take advantage of the situation.

You're right. I believe we saw a lot of that during the Obama administration with all the riots and looting.

• Like 2

Oh...and before anyone chimes in in "but what about Trumps past statements?"...

I've said it from the word go in '15...I personally keep a weary eye on Trump aswell...The man used to be a "open" Democrat who donated to the Clinton campaign.

I wish and hope in the future that ALL of our "leaders" get this kinda microscope treatment going forward...but as soon as another "Rockstar" comes along,i know i could wish in one hand and s*** in the other and see which one filled up the fastest hoping the truth ever gets leaked out all over the place of their backgrounds...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Well that was the cool thing.  He was an outsider, but he had a lot more experience with bribery, kick backs and influence peddling than most new politicians.

How many politicians do you think went to him before he ran for an office? All of them at some point.Both sides.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, susieice said:

How many politicians do you think went to him before he ran for an office? All of them at some point.Both sides.

Oh yeah, he was a donor to many including Hillary.  Pretty good way for an "outsider" to get started; having a lot of insiders that owe favors.

7 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

he had a lot more experience with bribery, kick backs and influence peddling than most new politicians.

But allot less than most other politicians. 

6 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Oh yeah, he was a donor to many including Hillary.  Pretty good way for an "outsider" to get started; having a lot of insiders that owe favors.

That's how our system works, Tat.  If there is a politician that is viewed as either "powerful" or "successful", bank on them being connected and corrupt. Government is a tax payer funded criminal organization,, in my mind, anyway.

• Like 2

Just now, Michelle said:

unfortunately yes, many do.  it is even clearly obvious here, on this board if you here long enough

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Myles said:

But allot less than most other politicians. 

Interesting and debatable Myles.  After all, The Donald played in the deep water of New York real estate and construction. Things can get more serious there than losing an election  if you don't know the ropes.  You could lose hundreds of millions of dollars if a deal doesn't go through or permits get delayed.

Keep in mind Myles that a politician doesn't become corrupt by doing favors for poor people.  To be truly corrupt, it usually takes someone willing to offer a lot of money to get  a favor he didn't deserve. If politicians are corrupt, business is the corruptors.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Government is a tax payer funded criminal organization,, in my mind, anyway.

The big money doesn't come from salaries funded by taxpayers.  The funding for the criminal part is all private.

27 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Interesting and debatable Myles.  After all, The Donald played in the deep water of New York real estate and construction. Things can get more serious there than losing an election  if you don't know the ropes.  You could lose hundreds of millions of dollars if a deal doesn't go through or permits get delayed.

Keep in mind Myles that a politician doesn't become corrupt by doing favors for poor people.  To be truly corrupt, it usually takes someone willing to offer a lot of money to get  a favor he didn't deserve. If politicians are corrupt, business is the corruptors.

True, but I believe all politicians are crooks (well 90+ percent at the Washington level).   Politics is their gateway to riches.   I don't think it is that way for Trump.   His riches come from elsewhere.   I just think he ran for president because of his ego and boredom. 

The right wing irrationally hates on Ocasio-Cortez because she's young, female, Hispanic, attractive and charismatic, and actually left wing. Unlike most democrats, who are really centrists; NOT liberals. Dems only appear 'liberal' compared to how far right the modern GOP is.

They should just leave her alone, let her sink or swim based on her own political skill (or lack of skill) but they won't. They fear her and what she represents far too much.

She has proven to be highly electable and very popular, but yeah, she hasn't actually DONE any meaningful legislative work yet.

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

The right wing irrationally hates on Ocasio-Cortez because she's young, female, Hispanic, attractive and charismatic, and actually left wing. Unlike most democrats, who are really centrists; NOT liberals. Dems only appear 'liberal' compared to how far right the modern GOP is.

You like posting BS?

You sure it isn't because she is a Sanders clone?   She supports Medicare for all, tuition-free public colleges, greater gun control, criminal justice reform and “housing as a human right, without a means to pay for it. 

She wants ICE de-solved without a plan to back fill their duties. 

Edited by Myles

Young, female amd hispanic are the only facts of that matter. I find her to be like the 2 faced woman from Seinfeld. Sometimes she looka good and other times like when she smiles real big she's kind of atrocious. Also, her voice is like nails on a chalkboard. She also has a moral superiority complex and has shown herself to be in quite over her head.

• Like 2

She has crazy eyes like my bipolar sister. Not saying she is, but I've become wary of that look over the years.