Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Aquila King

Alexandria Ocasio Cortez - HUGE SCANDAL!!!!

708 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

aztek

her staff gets a benefit of 3 month paid maternal\paternal leave, that 1 thing i agree with her, if she can make it statewide,  that would be great, i would still be great if fathers got just 1 mo. paid off,  i think she needs to put all her effort into that, and maybe in a decade or 2 people will forget all the dumb thing she said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
aztek

AOC asks pharma CEO why $2,000 HIV drug costs just $8 in Australia: 'People are dying for no reason'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/aoc-asks-pharma-ceo-why-171300682.html

once again she has a point,  but this question was asked many times before by others,  and it was never answered, will see if it'll be any different now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
13 minutes ago, aztek said:

once again she has a point,  but this question was asked many times before by others,  and it was never answered, will see if it'll be any different now

That is the major reason I like newly elected representatives.  Not all of their ideas are great, but they have not settled into their own rich lobbyist provided nests yet.   One term limits for everybody.    Dumb ideas won't get very far but at least new ideas will pop up. Who is it that mostly sits back and scoffs at AOC and any other newbie?  Those who are entrenched, have a river of campaign contributions coming in and don't want anything to change.  After three or four terms, Congresspeople represent themselves more than their constituents in most cases.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome
1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

That is the major reason I like newly elected representatives.  Not all of their ideas are great, but they have not settled into their own rich lobbyist provided nests yet.   One term limits for everybody.    Dumb ideas won't get very far but at least new ideas will pop up. Who is it that mostly sits back and scoffs at AOC and any other newbie?  Those who are entrenched, have a river of campaign contributions coming in and don't want anything to change.  After three or four terms, Congresspeople represent themselves more than their constituents in most cases.

That was what they said about The Amazing Donald, wasn't it. It's hard to tell (assuming at least some of the things that are attributed to the Occasional Cortez are for real) which of them has the less of a foothold in reality. :hmm: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
1 hour ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

That was what they said about The Amazing Donald, wasn't it. It's hard to tell (assuming at least some of the things that are attributed to the Occasional Cortez are for real) which of them has the less of a foothold in reality. :hmm:

Yep.  One term limits for Everybody! 

Of course it might be argued that the Donald was not new to the system, he was a supplier to the lobby-money- pipeline before, now he can reap the rewards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
3 hours ago, aztek said:

AOC asks pharma CEO why $2,000 HIV drug costs just $8 in Australia: 'People are dying for no reason'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/aoc-asks-pharma-ceo-why-171300682.html

once again she has a point,  but this question was asked many times before by others,  and it was never answered, will see if it'll be any different now

I can answer it, it’s probsbly because it’s on the Pharamsuitcal Benefits Scheme here, and the rest of the cost is covered by the government.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Wearer of Hats
2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

That is the major reason I like newly elected representatives.  Not all of their ideas are great, but they have not settled into their own rich lobbyist provided nests yet.   One term limits for everybody.    Dumb ideas won't get very far but at least new ideas will pop up. Who is it that mostly sits back and scoffs at AOC and any other newbie?  Those who are entrenched, have a river of campaign contributions coming in and don't want anything to change.  After three or four terms, Congresspeople represent themselves more than their constituents in most cases.

I’d say three terms - one term to settle in, one to be the status quo and one to decide to go out in a blaze of “remember me!” glory by fighting for one or two specific and important to them subjects.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
susieice
1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Yep.  One term limits for Everybody! 

Of course it might be argued that the Donald was not new to the system, he was a supplier to the lobby-money- pipeline before, now he can reap the rewards.

OMG. Everyone on both sides of the aisle went to him for money when he was a private citizen. Hollywood too. The Clintons were real close buddies.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.