Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman sent 159K texts, threatened to eat man

The Caspian Hare

A Phoenix woman reportedly sent a man she met on a dating website more than 159,000 texts – including one stating that she wanted to turn his kidneys into sushi.

According to police documents obtained by the Arizona Republic, Jacqueline Ades allegedly sent the man the messages over the span of nearly 10 months. She had originally been accused of sending him more than 65,000 text messages but the number was reportedly more than double that.

The arrest records listed the woman as “showing signs of mental illness,” the newspaper reported.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/phoenix-woman-sent-date-159000-text-messages-threatened-to-turn-his-kidneys-into-sushi-police

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The man called police in July 2017 when he discovered Ades parked outside his home. 

--

The man called police in April 2018

----

Ades was released from custody

https://www.foxnews.com/us/phoenix-woman-sent-date-159000-text-messages-threatened-to-turn-his-kidneys-into-sushi-police

She should have been evaluated in july 2017. 

There are too many nutters out there because there are no laws tough enough to.keep.them locked up, something about their human rights.

How the heck could she have done all this for so long and why did he not change his phone number? 

• Like 4

I found these quotes from her to be somewhat... scary

No, I don't think anything I say is normal. I understand now,” Ades reportedly told police.

She said she understood that the man did not want to be with her despite her thousands of texts.

"It's OK if that's how (he) feels," she said. "Somebody else should love him. He has so much to love. He's so cute. I can't believe I scared him."

So she can't believe she scared him with the constant texting and references to butchering him and so forth.  She says it so casually that I wouldn't believe she's reformed/been cured.  While she might not have been a true menace (she might not have intended murder and might be someone who "gets off" to violence), she's certainly not normal and doesn't need to be stalking anyone else.

I do wonder if she's bipolar, though.  I did the math... she was sending him a text on the average of once every 5 minutes (I know she probably blasted them out in groups of 10-20, but the average was once every 5 minutes.)

It's that kind of thing that would make you want to move to Mars and drink to forget.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

*Snip*

How the heck could she have done all this for so long and why did he not change his phone number? 

He was probably just keeping his booty call options open.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

While she might not have been a true menace

How far does one have to go before they are a true menace?

I would say she was well past being a menace and on the other side of the fence running straight up into absolute stalker territory.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, freetoroam said:

How far does one have to go before they are a true menace?

I would say she was well past being a menace and on the other side of the fence running straight up into absolute stalker territory.

Oh, I agree... but the police, etc, felt she wasn't going to follow through.  They've been wrong, of course, but that was their ruling.  I don't know her, so can't really tell how much of a menace she might be.

She's disruptive.  Imagine what a nuisance it would be to find a new place to live and go through changing phone numbers and all that.

• Like 3

Just now, Kenemet said:

Oh, I agree... but the police, etc, felt she wasn't going to follow through.  They've been wrong, of course, but that was their ruling.  I don't know her, so can't really tell how much of a menace she might be.

She's disruptive.  Imagine what a nuisance it would be to find a new place to live and go through changing phone numbers and all that.

Had the police taken this more seriously in July 2017, he would not have gone through all of that, but saying that, i still find it odd that she was able to send him that many texts. It is not that difficult to change your phone number and inform those who need to know.

100 of those weird texts would be enough for most people to take real action. Surely the police would have advised him to change his number, especially as they had released her twice.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Caspian Hare said:

The arrest records listed the woman as “showing signs of mental illness,” the newspaper reported.

YA THINK! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

YA THINK! :lol:

Thing is she was still let out on bail, 

Ades was released from custody but failed to appear in court.

She was arrested at her apartment complex on May 8 after failing to appear to multiple court hearings

Ades is currently being held at Maricopa County jail with no bond. She has pleaded not guilty to “charges of stalking and criminal trespassing.”

NOT GUILTY? if she mental? Oh wait!! 

Really seems the police did not take this seriously enough, until it got to ridiculous levels. Thankfully thats all it got to and they did not wait for him to end up as suchi before locking her up.

The millionaire website they met on need to vet their members a bit better.

• Like 3

A millionaire (who knows why) goes into a website and meets the wackiest b**** in the files. This website must accept anyone!

Police have all these nutty text messages and they keep letting her go? She's gonna eat his kidneys and turn his fingers into chopsticks? I did read that right, didn't I? Then she wants to bathe in his blood and they have surveillance video of her in his bathtub when he isn't home. How did she get in there? Then she tells police that she can't believe she scared him. Are these cops for real? I can't believe I just read what I did! This was stalking and making violent threats a LONG time ago! And now she pleads not guilty. If she gets bond, a serious internal investigation needs to be done!

Edited by susieice
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

The millionaire website they met on need to vet their members a bit better.

If your a millionaire and still need a dating website. You have some serious issues. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

If your a millionaire and still need a dating website. You have some serious issues. :yes:

Yes! Something doesn't seem right about him either. You would think he would have gone to his attorney and had a court order put against her. Way before it got this out of line! Then police would have had no choice but to act. Freetoroam is also right about changing the phone number. What's up with him?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Had the police taken this more seriously in July 2017, he would not have gone through all of that, but saying that, i still find it odd that she was able to send him that many texts. It is not that difficult to change your phone number and inform those who need to know.

100 of those weird texts would be enough for most people to take real action. Surely the police would have advised him to change his number, especially as they had released her twice.

This article provides a bit more detail about timings and events: https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/scottsdale/2019/01/04/accused-stalker-jacqueline-ades-sent-man-texts-maricopa-county/2278696002/

So while she started texting the man after their date, it may possibly have been at a much lower rate until she was first arrested in July 2017. Therefore, at the time of her first arrest her behaviour may not have been particularly out of the ordinary, apart from her being parked outside his home. That means the police may not have had a particularly good reason for taking things more seriously.

As for the phone thing, it wouldn't surprise me if he had another phone or two with different numbers which he used for family, friends and business, and just put the phone with the text messages in a drawer, switched off, never looked at.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Tell Patti Stagger, The Millionaire Matchmaker that... heh :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Piney said:

*shrug*

Not everyone who's a millionaire lives extravagantly. Prospective partners can only judge you by what they see of you.

• Like 2

Many Self defense and safety experts recommend that you keep your old number with a voicemail to answer and record evidence while getting a second number to use for everything else. Also some stalkers will escalate if you take away their way to communicate with their victim.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Peter B said:

and just put the phone with the text messages in a drawer, switched off, never looked at

That bit crossed my mind too as he is a CEO and i would think he had a business phone which he did not give her the number and being a 'millionaire' he would have been able to get another phone.

She even managed to get into his house with her dogs! 

I can see this story being made into a film shortly, its got all the recipes.

Appears he did ignore her texts, hence as people with her kind of mindset do, she escalated into a stalking frenzy.

"He said to me, 'Go away,' for the last 16 months," Ades said. "And I couldn't, because the more I loved him, the more I learned (about) the secrets of the universe."

https://eu.azcentral.com/story/news/local/scottsdale/2019/01/04/accused-stalker-jacqueline-ades-sent-man-texts-maricopa-county/2278696002/

Be interesting if she had stalked in the past and this time she hit on a millionaires dating site, she took it to the max?

• Like 2

I know you  can get madly inlove but this is taking it to another level. :-D nuttters

Edited by Avalanche

37 minutes ago, Avalanche said:

I know you  can get madly inlove but this is taking it to another level. :-D nuttters

With the greatest of respect, this isn't something to joke about. Here is a woman who needs help not derision, and I get the unfortunate impression the justice system in large parts of the USA is not funded to provide the help she needs. I suspect neither incarceration or un-monitored release is in her or society's best interests.

It was no doubt fairly unnerving for the man as well.

• Like 1

Sounds like she was totally infatuated and stalking. Her trial is set for February. She missed several trial dates, so she shouldn't be released before then.

https://people.com/crime/woman-allegedly-sent-159000-texts-after-one-date/

Edited by susieice

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 10:02 PM, The Caspian Hare said:

We have all met a crazy before that wont stop texting.

But this woman is really crazy. The obsession needed to send 159k texts says she is dangerous and needs treating.