Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DA: Derailers Anonymous Thread III

Aquila King

I get to go have fasting blood work done in the morning before heading to work.   Which means I have to get up an hour earlier so I will bid you all a good night/day!!  :)  

• Sad 1

I've been thinking, and I think I'm gonna take a break from UM and other online platforms for a little while now...

I've been dealing with A LOT of stressful stuff lately, and looks like things are really only gonna get worse for the foreseeable future. I find myself trying to cope with the stress of it all by scrolling through here and Reddit or wherever else, and I need to stop doing that and focus more on actually fixing my problems head on.

Just thought I should let you guys know. Whoever that is who happens to still be using DA that is. Sadly, seems to be slowing down a lot lately anyways...

But in any case, seeya.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 5/17/2019 at 5:42 PM, Aquila King said:

I've been thinking, and I think I'm gonna take a break from UM and other online platforms for a little while now...

I've been dealing with A LOT of stressful stuff lately, and looks like things are really only gonna get worse for the foreseeable future. I find myself trying to cope with the stress of it all by scrolling through here and Reddit or wherever else, and I need to stop doing that and focus more on actually fixing my problems head on.

Just thought I should let you guys know. Whoever that is who happens to still be using DA that is. Sadly, seems to be slowing down a lot lately anyways...

But in any case, seeya.

I hope all goes well for you.   I have been working a lot of hours so I'm only on UM off and on lately.   Drop us a line here and there and let us know how you are doing.   Good luck!  :) 

• Like 1

Made it through day 2 of physical therapy, my right arm and shoulder feel like a noodle.    :wacko:

• Like 2

On 5/17/2019 at 5:42 PM, Aquila King said:

But in any case, seeya.

i understand, sometimes you need that break. i've been taking one for a bit now, it's part of the reason i haven't been around that much. hope to see you back when you are ready.

• Like 2

I hope everyone is having a good evening; heading to bed on this end.   I did my physical therapy at home tonight and my shoulder and arm are tired.  Have a good night/day.  :) 

• Like 2

it's been an ok day here, i got to bake some cookies for a friend. snickerdoodles are always worthwhile

• Like 1

Drove almost 3 hours each way yesterday to see some friends we haven't had a chance to see in 6 years.   It was great to catch up and spend some time with them.  :)   

• Like 1

i've got a drive like to make on monday! two hours instead of three but it will be nice, i'm going to the big city*

*in this case the big city was several thousand people instead of several hundred

• Like 1

Nasty storms the past 2 nights, looks like we may be in for another round tomorrow.   Sinus pressure is a bear; I finally broke down and went to the dr to get some meds to help.   

• Like 1

my big city visit was pretty nice! i dined upon the finest of ice creams

• Like 1

Work has been unbearable, temperature-wise.   No air conditioning in 85 degree heat, with 70% humidity.   I really dislike our landlord; he doesn't want to do anything to fix our building.  We got the Health Commissioner involved, so our rent payments will not go directly to him but to the treasurer at the court house until he does the repairs or makes our lease null and void.   

• Sad 1

On 6/5/2019 at 6:29 PM, tcgram said:

Work has been unbearable, temperature-wise.   No air conditioning in 85 degree heat, with 70% humidity.   I really dislike our landlord; he doesn't want to do anything to fix our building.  We got the Health Commissioner involved, so our rent payments will not go directly to him but to the treasurer at the court house until he does the repairs or makes our lease null and void.   

Hi tcgram

Sorry to hear that hopefully it will be resolved soon. I work in the sun no air conditioning there but then I am a sunny boy.

jmccr8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi tcgram

Sorry to hear that hopefully it will be resolved soon. I work in the sun no air conditioning there but then I am a sunny boy.

jmccr8    

Thank you, supposedly our landlord has ordered the part that needs fixed for the air conditioner so hopefully it gets done soon.  :) 

• Like 3

My brother's wife's birthday was Friday.  We are celebrating her birthday today, when we could get everyone together.   My hubby made her a key lime pound cake with key lime cream cheese icing.   I hope it's as good as it smells.  :)  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, tcgram said:

My brother's wife's birthday was Friday.  We are celebrating her birthday today, when we could get everyone together.   My hubby made her a key lime pound cake with key lime cream cheese icing.   I hope it's as good as it smells.  :)  

Hi TC

I'm licking my lips and rubbing my tummy with anticipation.

jmccr8

• Haha 1

i have baked some bread. but the thing about fresh baked bread is that i eat all of it, instantly

• Like 2

Back from my mom's house.   The cake turned out great!!   I had a small piece and sent the rest home with my brother and sister-in-law, that way I'm not tempted to eat it.   Got to get some rest as I have an early appt. in the morning with the orthopedic surgeon and find out if I have to have surgery on my shoulder.  

• Like 3

Not looking forward to tomorrow at work.  I was "volunteered" to be on a committee for the health dept. that is supposed to help with the morale for everyone.  But we have been shot down several times with our suggestions so now they sit around and say, "What do you think?"   I don't know, what do YOU think?"   Well tomorrow they are having our annual "picnic" for the employees.   We cannot shut down to go to the picnic, but are expected to show up on our lunch hour.     :rolleyes:

• Sad 1

my stomach is causing me problems and it is stressing me the math out!

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, seaturtlehorsesnake said:

my stomach is causing me problems and it is stressing me the math out!

Can you take anything to help calm it down?   

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, tcgram said:

Can you take anything to help calm it down?   

nothing seems to work, it is probably going to doctor time, when i can get in.

but if they have to order any tests i don't know if i can afford them

The picnic went well; although there wasn't any organization and things were kind of thrown together, which I found to be odd.   It was an odd day altogether; I had to literally clean excrement off the floor of the lab as well as the changing table and sink in the public restroom, all from the same mom and her son.  :blink:

Hope all are well; I'm glad it's the weekend even if it's kind of dreary and rainy.    :)   

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mother’s Day pic 

99C02E17-0ECE-4F41-8899-1DF0A3EE1D32.jpeg

• Like 3