Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DA: Derailers Anonymous Thread III

Aquila King

9 hours ago, Luca-Rosemom 19 said:

Hmm mommy needs to become creative with words instead of swearing. Don’t want first word to be a swear, so I may have called the bird a butt head 

Swearing is actually good for you. It relieves stress. Just mouth the words and pray Luca-Rose can't lip read.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Swearing is actually good for you. It relieves stress. Just mouth the words and pray Luca-Rose can't lip read.

She’s at the age she’ll say her first word soon, rather it not be F or S. 

Enter birds name STOP BEING A POO HEAD is now said :lol:

• Haha 2

Made a new bench, resolved some of the issues with my lathe. 

Got to do some more work on the base, add a shelf to place weights on to keep it stable, then bolt the lathe in place. 

rS4M99R.jpg

• Like 5

This is my morning so far Backsche, feeling sick, headache (had migraine last night), barely slept, moody partner (no clue what’s up his butt, moody since last night) and crappy weather need to get nappies today. 
Almost poured water into microwave not thinking :’( 

• Sad 3

14 hours ago, Luca-Rosemom 19 said:

This is my morning so far Backsche, feeling sick, headache (had migraine last night), barely slept, moody partner (no clue what’s up his butt, moody since last night) and crappy weather need to get nappies today. 
Almost poured water into microwave not thinking :’( 

You're probably both exhausted and that can wreak havoc with your moods and immune systems. I realise your focus is Luca-Rose (as it should be) but you need to take care of yourself as well. And start swearing again. What's the worse that can happen? So Luca-Rose gets kicked out of kindergarten. That's years away... 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

You're probably both exhausted and that can wreak havoc with your moods and immune systems. I realise your focus is Luca-Rose (as it should be) but you need to take care of yourself as well. And start swearing again. What's the worse that can happen? So Luca-Rose gets kicked out of kindergarten. That's years away... 

I’ve reduced the swearing haven’t stopped.

Hes got screwed sleep pattern wug here doesn’t help.

I do most of the stuff with her because she’s more of a mommy girl.

• Like 2

:lol: Alrighty then. :lol:  

Ace Ventura classic 

Edited by Luca-Rosemom 19
  • Haha 1

Somehow, doggo found a bit of armadillo hide. He loves it. 

Also finally got the replacement pieces for my pen kits that were borked. 

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 8:50 PM, ShadowSot said:

I'm so stupidly pleased with myself for how quickly I got this. 

I am at a complete loss and totally confused...in the words of Jack Skelington... "What does it mean what does it mean"

18 minutes ago, Overdueleaf said:

I am at a complete loss and totally confused...in the words of Jack Skelington... "What does it mean what does it mean"

Aloe my baby aloe my honey, aloe my rag time gal

BnVPN8.gif

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

Aloe my baby aloe my honey, aloe my rag time gal

BnVPN8.gif

Yes, but of  course....lol

6 hours ago, Overdueleaf said:

Yes, but of  course....lol

Great to see you how are you doing 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Luca-Rosemom 19 said:

Great to see you how are you doing 

Doing well, staying busy with work. Thank you for asking. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Overdueleaf said:

Doing well, staying busy with work. Thank you for asking. 

That’s good, welcome 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luca-Rosemom 19 said:

That’s good, welcome 

How's the little one doing? I think we should have some kind of contest to see who can guess what Luca-Rose's first word(s) will be. 

My first guess would have been 'mommy' but given the amount of cursing you've been doing lately, I'm going to go with 'poo'.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

How's the little one doing? I think we should have some kind of contest to see who can guess what Luca-Rose's first word(s) will be. 

My first guess would have been 'mommy' but given the amount of cursing you've been doing lately, I'm going to go with 'poo'.

Long day we went to Central markets (40min drive), a shop in Adelaide (were central market is), grabbed lunch, 2 different supermarkets (zone sells the cheese we wanted other doesn’t), shop fir a Christmas tree, out with poppy to get a turtle (Murray river short neck, one of 2 species legal here) a lady was selling because it ate her fish in front of her kid scaring the kid then home. 

Butt head is commonly said lol 

• Like 1

Guy looks at soda stream then carries on it’s not shooting the push down up like their electric so it’s of no use to him!!
AFTER WASTING GAS PLAYING WITH IT. 
Course not going to work like electric. A gas powered and B older model.

At $40 2nd hand 6 years old vs $170 electric newest model.

Edited by Luca-Rosemom 19
  • Like 2

Getting my lists together for 2 Thanksgiving celebrations.  One a week from today at my mom's house, the other one on Thanksgiving day at my mom-in-law's house.   

• Like 1

Noticed a lot of diy boards and woodturning boards mention inheriting their grandparents tools or being inspired by them. Not as many pick up from their parents. 

Reminded me of an article that brought up my generation (millennial) saw less things like handed down recipes and skills. 

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, ShadowSot said:

Noticed a lot of diy boards and woodturning boards mention inheriting their grandparents tools or being inspired by them. Not as many pick up from their parents. 

Reminded me of an article that brought up my generation (millennial) saw less things like handed down recipes and skills. 

Totally read skills as skulls 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Made it through both Thanksgiving gatherings, plus hubby being in the hospital for the first one.   Glad he is better and came home after 3 days.   Lets hope we don't have any more excitement for awhile.    :)  

51 minutes ago, tcgram said:

Made it through both Thanksgiving gatherings, plus hubby being in the hospital for the first one.   Glad he is better and came home after 3 days.   Lets hope we don't have any more excitement for awhile.    :)  

Glad to hear things are turning around. Let all of us hope for good health and happiness for Christmas this time around!