Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DA: Derailers Anonymous Thread III

Aquila King

What a day at work.  Two of my coworkers got into a screaming match at the end of the day, our supervisor had to intervene.   Thank goodness we didn't have any clients in the building at the time.  I share my office with one of the coworkers and she was upset with me after work.....she thought I should have stepped in and defended her.  I told her they were both adults and I didn't want to be put in the middle of it.  Let's hope tomorrow is better.   

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tcgram said:

What a day at work.  Two of my coworkers got into a screaming match at the end of the day, our supervisor had to intervene.   Thank goodness we didn't have any clients in the building at the time.  I share my office with one of the coworkers and she was upset with me after work.....she thought I should have stepped in and defended her.  I told her they were both adults and I didn't want to be put in the middle of it.  Let's hope tomorrow is better.   

Screaming matches at work are unprofessional and childish. You were right not to step in and become a part of it.

• Like 4

Had a bit of an enjoyable if depressing rant with my parents. 

On paper, I make good money. And they're constantly going on about how short of money I always am. 

With all my expenses, plus taking care of my sister and niece, and regular issues that keep popping up I always end the month tight. 

I put a tiny bit aside to get stuff for my woodworking so I don't go nuts, but otherwise, I have very little for any personal spending, and that's only if I put in a lot of overtime. 

My mom didnt take to it, my dad did message me later and apologized for things said. Which is a first. 

• Like 3

Today was a bit better at work.   Although one of my coworkers (who had a complete break with reality about 5-6 yrs ago and is on meds for severe depression and anxiety) decided not to come into work as she was still too upset over what happened.  She is asking questions about the other coworker and I told her to talk to her, I am not in charge of her.  

• Like 3

Christmas craziness, mom life and just feels like UM changed a lot this year. 

Oldest sister broke trust plus a rule of ours (DONT show or send pics to anyone. If they want to know what Luca-Rose looks like they can visit after which Van n I will give those who do pics. This was months ago and just got told last week) she went home showed 3 of my nieces one who’s not in our lives and my sister said the words I have pics, I’m not meant to shoe but I will.

Now it’s ok if people don’t put in effort they don’t get pics even if seen her or updates unless ask or visit.

I for years used to put all the effort in for them and now I’m a mom I need to put my lil family first. 

All is otherwise normal, 2 teeth 3rd coming, stands with help, I swear it’s sounded like daddy a couple times and she’s just so loving.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Luca-Rosemom 19 said:

Christmas craziness, mom life and just feels like UM changed a lot this year. 

Oldest sister broke trust plus a rule of ours (DONT show or send pics to anyone. If they want to know what Luca-Rose looks like they can visit after which Van n I will give those who do pics. This was months ago and just got told last week) she went home showed 3 of my nieces one who’s not in our lives and my sister said the words I have pics, I’m not meant to shoe but I will.

Now it’s ok if people don’t put in effort they don’t get pics even if seen her or updates unless ask or visit.

I for years used to put all the effort in for them and now I’m a mom I need to put my lil family first. 

All is otherwise normal, 2 teeth 3rd coming, stands with help, I swear it’s sounded like daddy a couple times and she’s just so loving.

It's unfortunate that your trust was betrayed, but at least the photos weren't put on FB or elsewhere on the internet. It would be nice if people made the effort to visit, but not all can, and not all are as considerate as you are. But no matter, what's important is that Luca-Rose is doing well, and it sounds like she's thriving. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luca-Rosemom 19 said:

She's getting big so quickly!!  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

It's unfortunate that your trust was betrayed, but at least the photos weren't put on FB or elsewhere on the internet. It would be nice if people made the effort to visit, but not all can, and not all are as considerate as you are. But no matter, what's important is that Luca-Rose is doing well, and it sounds like she's thriving. 

Very true, oh if she had I would have reported then as stolen the second I saw them. 
Katie, her husband and oldest daughter (19) because they can’t be bothered they want all there, Kristin my 17year old niece and Riley 11 cant as easily. 
Oldest sister can’t time manage, she’ll wait until a few days to the day before to book off work. 
Nieces Brianna and Amy not free, Brianna is currently working and not able to come due to reasons that’s ok she will when she can and Amy works a lot.

Niece Krystal, her partner Kade and their son my great nephew Mason popped in while down for Kades work training. That was lovely. 

She’s so happy, giggle and bright :) 

8 hours ago, tcgram said:

She's getting big so quickly!!  

She really is. :) 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Not sure if you've seen this series but someone had a little fun with one of the scenes and it made me think of Luca-Rose.

Turn the volume up.

https://imgur.com/t/baby_yoda/91rcecj

Lol totally her 

• Like 2

I took my mom to the store today; she was very upset that she couldn't find what she wanted and said everything was too expensive   Her mood continued to deteriorate and I asked her if she was hungry.  She said no    I asked what time she ate her last meal and she said 6:00 a.m.    It was nearly 2:00 pm so I knew she was dropping.   I offered to get her some food and she stopped where she was at in the aisle and refused to move, saying she just wanted to go home because she was now in a bad mood.   I told her I was getting hungry and had to grab a bite to eat so she could share something with me.  She finally agreed and ended up eating 3/4 of the food.   By the time we left the store she was in a more pleasant mood.   I feel like I'm the mom of a toddler once again!   LOL 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, tcgram said:

I took my mom to the store today; she was very upset that she couldn't find what she wanted and said everything was too expensive   Her mood continued to deteriorate and I asked her if she was hungry.  She said no    I asked what time she ate her last meal and she said 6:00 a.m.    It was nearly 2:00 pm so I knew she was dropping.   I offered to get her some food and she stopped where she was at in the aisle and refused to move, saying she just wanted to go home because she was now in a bad mood.   I told her I was getting hungry and had to grab a bite to eat so she could share something with me.  She finally agreed and ended up eating 3/4 of the food.   By the time we left the store she was in a more pleasant mood.   I feel like I'm the mom of a toddler once again!   LOL 

You're a good daughter.

I don't know what it's like where you are, but here the stores are absolutely filled with shoppers. I can understand why the craziness would put someone in a bad mood, especially when you can't find what you're looking for. Hunger doesn't help any either.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

You're a good daughter.

I don't know what it's like where you are, but here the stores are absolutely filled with shoppers. I can understand why the craziness would put someone in a bad mood, especially when you can't find what you're looking for. Hunger doesn't help any either.

It was busy and I believe that was part of her aggravation as well.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tcgram said:

I always shop at off hours when stores are virtually empty. At this time of year you've got one hour after store opening before the crowds start storming in. After that, it's total chaos, long line-ups at the cashiers, and a lot of tired and very grumpy adults. The kids though seem to be having the time of their lives.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tcgram said:

take me shopping when I am hungry, and add to that not finding what I want and the business of stores, and I might act like your mother too....lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Overdueleaf said:

keep this in mind @Luca-Rosemom 19

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, text

She was listening to Anime in the womb I swear she’d be the type to learn what’s being said. 

8 months and we are pulling ourself up to stand, refuses to crawl but tries taking steps while being helped to stand 

• Like 2