Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DA: Derailers Anonymous Thread III

Aquila King

3 hours ago, Overdueleaf said:

Cats Kittens GIF - Cats Kittens Massage GIFs

This, I need this.....except not next to a dirty litter box please. 

Why not get the best of both worlds?

On 12/18/2019 at 3:37 PM, AMP1974 said:

My bday tomorrow whooopie I’m old 

Happy Birthday!!  :)

3 hours ago, tcgram said:

Happy Birthday!!  :)

Thank you ^_^

• Like 1

Not what I want to say but sadly need to. 
There are now fires in my state, we are safe and currently have no smoke. 
A small grass one was near us as in walking distance. 
Bigger are 20+ min drive away, it’s scary but we’re keeping updated. 

Some areas cannot leave or be entered “unsafe” to enter or leave.

3 of my adult nieces dad, their half sisters, step mom n step sister plus her daughter were in the affected area. He told the police THEY WILL LET HIM INTO HIS GIRLS OR THEY WILL HAVE TO AREST HIM TO STOP HIM.

He got in and knows if need be come here.

COME HELL OR HIGH WATER IF WE NEED TO LEAVE THE POLICE WILL NOT BE STOPPING US, I DONT BREAK THE LAW BUT FOR MY BABY I WILL. 

LUCA ROSE WILL NOT BE AT RISK.  

• Sad 2

29 minutes ago, Luca-Rosemom 19 said:

All is ok again the ones near me are contained 

Glad the fires near you have been contained. Just the same, what a terrible (and frightening) situation to be in. Hope you and your family continue to be safe, as well as everyone else caught up in it. And yes, you're right to do anything and everything to protect your child. 

Keep us posted.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, AMP1974 said:

Thank you ^_^

You're welcome.

9 hours ago, Luca-Rosemom 19 said:

All is ok again the ones near me are contained 

Thank goodness.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Glad the fires near you have been contained. Just the same, what a terrible (and frightening) situation to be in. Hope you and your family continue to be safe, as well as everyone else caught up in it. And yes, you're right to do anything and everything to protect your child. 

Keep us posted.

2 hours ago, tcgram said:

Thank goodness.

Quick update it’s still contained last update was the stopped the spread it’s still going.

Adelaide hills are uncontrollable still, they saved the choc factory.

One person was missing but they found him 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Making my annual Christmas cookies to hand out.  So far I've made apple caramel cookies, chocolate reese's cookies, turtle cookies, peanut butter cup cookies, chocolate chip cookies.   Still going to make peanut butter blossoms, chocolate and mint cookies, pecan haystack candies, vegan double chocolate chip cookies and vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, tcgram said:

Making my annual Christmas cookies to hand out.  So far I've made apple caramel cookies, chocolate reese's cookies, turtle cookies, peanut butter cup cookies, chocolate chip cookies.   Still going to make peanut butter blossoms, chocolate and mint cookies, pecan haystack candies, vegan double chocolate chip cookies and vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.  

I'll message you my address....lol

• Haha 3

So I shaved my head and incidentally ingested a few hairs, which I am now attempting to find and remove from the back of my own throat. That is all. Lol

• Haha 1

Still on watch and alert. 
The freeway fire is still contained. 
Hills fires possibly stopped spread but not contained.

Controlled burn off planned for near it in hopes of preventing the spread. 

Currently no human lives lost which is wonderful news.

One man made the news he picked up and dragged about 5 Koalas by hand (15kg bout 30lb each) to the safety of his home out of the heat and to safety they were picked up by wildlife rescue afterwards. 

A few towns on way to and from the job dad finished before the fires hit have lost a lot of their little towns. 
The chocolate factory was saved from harm it’s a historic building.

The poor cheese shop next to it was saved from harm to they’ve had bad year not long ago had Listeria cause recall and then the fires got close (on on their street) to them. 

It’s smoky here worse elsewhere.

Small ones popping up we had 2 days relief from the heat.

Other states have had no break sadly, we have state of emergency in New South Wales that’s how bad it is. 
Sadly it’s apparently worse then the California wildlife’s were 

• Sad 2

One of the big New South Wales fires is contained! 
This is wonderful news and we have rain here again even more good news 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Luca-Rosemom 19 said:

One of the big New South Wales fires is contained! 
This is wonderful news and we have rain here again even more good news 

That is indeed good news. Fires of that magnitude are worrisome, and even if they're not close, the smoke often is. And with a little one to protect, the anxiety must be enormous. I loved your story about the koalas, by the way. It's nice that people are out there doing their best, not just helping other people, but animals as well.

• Like 3

I agreed to "friend" a young guy (around my daughter's age) on FB recently.   He also sent my hubby a request, which he accepted.   This guy follows the same pro football team that we do.  However, recently he is on a kick of sending me messages.   Nothing out of place, just one word here or there.  Perhaps it's because I'm older but it's quickly getting on my nerves.   I don't see the sense in sending so many messages with nothing to say basically.  Am I just being too crabby or would this behavior bother anyone else?  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, tcgram said:

I agreed to "friend" a young guy (around my daughter's age) on FB recently.   He also sent my hubby a request, which he accepted.   This guy follows the same pro football team that we do.  However, recently he is on a kick of sending me messages.   Nothing out of place, just one word here or there.  Perhaps it's because I'm older but it's quickly getting on my nerves.   I don't see the sense in sending so many messages with nothing to say basically.  Am I just being too crabby or would this behavior bother anyone else?  

It would annoy me to no end, and one of many reasons why I'm not on social media. Have you checked his profile to see if he behaves in similar fashion with others? It may be quite innocent, but careful it doesn't escalate. Is he sending similar messages to your husband?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, tcgram said:

One or two word messages or texts are irritating. I know my son marshall, always starts a text conversation with "hey". I tell him, if he has something to say, include it in the text. Don't wait around for me to respond to the "hey". 

I am with KAJ on this, check him out a bit and see if this is common behavior with him. 

Do you know him personally or is this a friend of a friend situation?

When I worked with the State, a handful of the higher functioning individuals had social media accounts, and that is very reminiscent of how they communicated. 

So yes check him out, as KAJ said it could all be very innocent, or could lead to some issues down the road. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Overdueleaf said:

Knock Knock Cat GIF by JustViral.Net

I needed that it’s been a week and the heat will be back. 

• Like 3