Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DA: Derailers Anonymous Thread III

Aquila King

Hey atleast 3 meals less when Van n I get married, that’ll keep costs down yay. 

Im not upset I’m furious that she’s screwed her youngest sister over. 

Heading to bed on this end; at least I've got extra stuff if I get snowed in this weekend.   Planning on making some snow cream if we get the snow they are predicting!!  :)    Have a good night/day!   

Just now, tcgram said:

Heading to bed on this end; at least I've got extra stuff if I get snowed in this weekend.   Planning on making some snow cream if we get the snow they are predicting!!  :)    Have a good night/day!   

Have a great night, TC. And for those of us who are northerners, let's hope the snow ain't all that bad. Although this snow cream intrigues me. I'm not familiar with it. How does one make snow cream?

• Like 1

Just now, kmt_sesh said:

Have a great night, TC. And for those of us who are northerners, let's hope the snow ain't all that bad. Although this snow cream intrigues me. I'm not familiar with it. How does one make snow cream?

I get fresh, clean snow, add some milk, sugar (or splenda for me) and vanilla.  Mix well and put in the freezer.   Some people pour sweetened condensed milk in the snow and vanilla and put in the freezer.    We were pretty poor growing up so my mom used to make it for us.   We considered it quite the treat.  :) 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tcgram said:

I get fresh, clean snow, add some milk, sugar (or splenda for me) and vanilla.  Mix well and put in the freezer.   Some people pour sweetened condensed milk in the snow and vanilla and put in the freezer.    We were pretty poor growing up so my mom used to make it for us.   We considered it quite the treat.  :) 

Yum! I can see that as a fun activity for a family with young kids.

• Like 3

Anyone here perchance offering any free “How to Sleep” classes? Preferably starting within next few seconds?

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, AMP1974 said:

Anyone here perchance offering any free “How to Sleep” classes? Preferably starting within next few seconds?

Sorry, I have my own sleeping issues. :(

• Sad 3

8 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Man, that sucks.

I’m used to it at this point, they’ll all be in for a shock that’s for sure. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ruby04 said:

I’m used to it at this point, they’ll all be in for a shock that’s for sure. 

Plotting revenge, are we? :devil:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Plotting revenge, are we? :devil:

More of a DONT think you’ll be a big part of my child’s life when you couldn’t be bothered making effort for us before baby was born 

• Like 2

I'm off to bed. I hope everyone has a great night/day and look forward to seeing you tomorrow. Friday!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AMP1974 said:

i'm taking one, but i've been in it for 33 years and i still haven't got it right

• Like 3

rotated canned goods and weeded out food that expires this year. DOnating what was weeded out to food drive for work and added $50 worth of canned goods to the food storage. This was a planned event and not just because of the upcoming snow storm. With the large amount of people we may end up feeding if things ever go bad i need to greatly increase my stock. I have totes of rice, noodles, sugar, flour, dry goods, and seasonings. I think that with what i have right now I could easily feed 8-10 people for 3 months. Also have water stored. My next venture is to build on my first aid totes and personal hygiene totes including loads of toilet paper. I am thinking of trying my hand at making my own toilet paper from junk mail. I have read on it and seen it on videos.. its not hard but it is time consuming. 

• Like 4

Don’t play car tag without wearing red flannel pajamas. Playing at night wearing all black is just asking for trouble.

4 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

gty_trouble_sleeping_ll_130911_16x9_992.

*Furiuosly jots down notes* 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aquila King said:

Aw, a boy and his bobcat. Now I just...wanna...cry.

I think I'll go out in the woods and find a bobcat to cuddle. Anyone know where there are woods? Or a bobcat?

• Like 3

So the snow started falling in Chicagoland right at 3:00. just as predicted...and promptly stopped. When I went out after work, there was only a thin film of snow. The drive home was a breeze. The snow is supposed to start up again at about 9:00 this evening, but I don't really care. I'm home, safe and sound. I don't know what tomorrow will bring.

@tcgram, how are things on your end? I know I don't need to ask @Ruby04, considering it's summer there and over 100F.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

Aw, a boy and his bobcat. Now I just...wanna...cry.

I think I'll go out in the woods and find a bobcat to cuddle. Anyone know where there are woods? Or a bobcat?

The University of Kentucky has a bobcat as it's mascot, so somewhere in Lexington perhaps? 

As for woods, try the Louisville sluggers factory on the way here. :P

• Like 2

17 hours ago, AMP1974 said:

*Furiuosly jots down notes* 

Did you end up getting some sleep last night? I didn't sleep too well, myself. Who knew that eating spicy burritos and nachos for dinner would give me such heartburn?

8ad543edb0ca66953aab67cdff77701b.jpg

• Sad 3

10 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

So the snow started falling in Chicagoland right at 3:00. just as predicted...and promptly stopped. When I went out after work, there was only a thin film of snow. The drive home was a breeze. The snow is supposed to start up again at about 9:00 this evening, but I don't really care. I'm home, safe and sound. I don't know what tomorrow will bring.

@tcgram, how are things on your end? I know I don't need to ask @Ruby04, considering it's summer there and over 100F.

No snow as of yet, but it's a coming. Thanks for asking. :whistle:

• Like 2