Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Solipsism

traveling_man

A very serious First World problem, this one.

• Haha 1

On 29.01.2019 at 2:44 AM, travelnjones said:

I assume people are figments of God's imagination.  I wouldn't come up with so many dicks if I was the one imagining. 

It is not, God manifests and creates universes from himself because if there is nothing outside of God and everything is God, then we can be manifested only from himself and not as something imaginary. Man’s Spirit is the individual center of God because God invests himself in us. It is like the reproduction of God in individual forms with the complete preservation of the fatherly essence and the possibility of the full manifestation of God in us and this is a different status, the status of God-Universe, God-Absolute Man.

Even if it comes from his "imagination" nonetheless it comes from him, his essence, his being.,  I personally believe God is an impersonal energy that works through the personal senses.  A paradox of reality.  

Edited by JohnHermes

On 1/5/2019 at 4:11 PM, traveling_man said:

How can I know that you are not a figment of my imagination?

Likewise. Neither of us can really know this.

I like the logic behind solipsism whether it really is relevant or indicative of a greater reality, or not. Either way, we have little choice but to live as though we perceive reality correctly. If any of us were to step off the ledge on the 13th floor, the result will still be predictable, and musing about what might or might not constitute reality won't change things.