Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Celebrity NDEs offer hints of life after death

UM-Bot

Boys, it's much easier than you think. When a person dies he is drawn into the tunnel in the astral worlds full of light and bliss, as the deceased no longer belongs to this world but to the otherworldly because the astral body corresponds to the astral world to which a person should go if the body dies  and with brain hallucinations it has nothing to do. But if doctors help a person to survive, he has a memory of this light tunnel and tells others about it, and some people after such an experience clearly understand that after death they remain alive.

There was another rare case when an angel appeared in front of a man in an out-of-body condition and asked if he wanted to go to another world or go back after drawing a line through which he had to go and the man decided to go back to earth, the truth was that he would live in a disabled body.

14 hours ago, Coil said:

Boys, it's much easier than you think. When a person dies he is drawn into the tunnel in the astral worlds full of light and bliss, as the deceased no longer belongs to this world but to the otherworldly because the astral body corresponds to the astral world to which a person should go if the body dies

Nonsense, that's the popular myth we are all told as children. 

Some of us grow up. 

14 hours ago, Coil said:

and with brain hallucinations it has nothing to do.

More nonsense. We know that oxygen deprivation causes hallucinations. Fact. 

14 hours ago, Coil said:

But if doctors help a person to survive, he has a memory of this light tunnel and tells others about it, and some people after such an experience clearly understand that after death they remain alive.

Ridiculous. The persons mind is not **** down. You are being incredibly dismissive of the brilliant work and knowledge good people do to help others survive. 

IMG_20180806_193601.png.a2c8ca025ede93ddab6784c2302c5712.png

14 hours ago, Coil said:

There was another rare case when an angel appeared in front of a man in an out-of-body condition and asked if he wanted to go to another world or go back after drawing a line through which he had to go and the man decided to go back to earth, the truth was that he would live in a disabled body.

And someone in Vietnam claims they saw a Unicorn. So what. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, psyche101 said:

You should read the book “ Journeys Out of the Body” by Robert Monroe, he constantly penetrated this tunnel. Since people die on earth every second, these holes-tunnels must appear every time and lead people to the bright worlds because that world is the element of the astral body, its home world, its homeland. And you simply have no knowledge about it. Moreover, each person falling asleep at night sometimes penetrates into that world and our astral consciousness knows the way well there but our waking consciousness does not remember anything about it but in the case of a threat as it happens at the time of clinical death, it instinctively draws a person there because he knows where the dead people are going and does all the necessary work for us.

If you learn to get out of the body, you will be able to penetrate this tunnel into another world.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 3:19 AM, Coil said:

You should read the book “ Journeys Out of the Body” by Robert Monroe, he constantly penetrated this tunnel. Since people die on earth every second, these holes-tunnels must appear every time and lead people to the bright worlds because that world is the element of the astral body, its home world, its homeland. And you simply have no knowledge about it. Moreover, each person falling asleep at night sometimes penetrates into that world and our astral consciousness knows the way well there but our waking consciousness does not remember anything about it but in the case of a threat as it happens at the time of clinical death, it instinctively draws a person there because he knows where the dead people are going and does all the necessary work for us.

If you learn to get out of the body, you will be able to penetrate this tunnel into another world.

Yes the tunnel. Keep in mind we are in forms of conciousness that we don’t fully understand. The tunnel, the light, etc are interpretations. Without being able to reference something the mind must create something that it can make senses out of, and tunnels, roads, doorways, are ways in which we can understand.

Somone gave me a Monroe’s book when I was struggling with what was happening to me spontaneously. You have no idea how releaved I was that I was not going insane, and others had had the same sorts of thing happen.

Edited by White Crane Feather

On 1/24/2019 at 4:43 PM, psyche101 said:

Some of us grow up. 

IMG_20180806_193601.png.a2c8ca025ede93ddab6784c2302c5712.png

Completely ridiculous. It’s not a myth but a an experience, and a very well documented one at that. Certainly it’s an interpretation of an experience, but given what the experience is, there is no other conclusion to be had based on the eperience alone. Now add in other possibilities like Universal or culturally influenced  hallucinations, then you have a claim that can be proven, but telling somone to “grow up” because they are not imeadiatly accepting your own conclusion is not only childish within itself, it’s irresponsible. The dying brain hypothesis has not been proven by any means. It’s simply the accepted narrative by people who can’t consider any other options. 

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 1

On 27.01.2019 at 6:46 AM, White Crane Feather said:

Yes the tunnel. Keep in mind we are in forms of conciousness that we don’t fully understand. The tunnel, the light, etc are interpretations. Without being able to reference something the mind must create something that it can make senses out of, and tunnels, roads, doorways, are ways in which we can understand.

It is a pity that you do not understand that it was a real experience of people and not an interpretation of the brain because if it were their own  brain invention  then everyone would have their own fantasy tale but they all saw the tunnel and the light the same way. I have no doubt that scientists can come up with explanations for brain tricks but they just don’t explore otherworldly experiences of people.

On 1/27/2019 at 2:54 PM, White Crane Feather said:

Completely ridiculous. It’s not a myth but a an experience,

Not at all, the experience is documented sure, the interpretation of an afterlife is most certainly myth. 

and a very well documented one at that. Certainly it’s an interpretation of an experience, but given what the experience is, there is no other conclusion to be had based on the eperience alone.

We are not just working with experienced interpretations any more. That's the point. The AWARE project is uncovering answers as we learn about the brains own death process as an individual subject. EEG scans tell us what the brain is doing. 

It tells us there is a shutdown process. It tells us about oxygen deprivation, it tells us the brain spikes during the death process. 

That removes the leap to mythical realms as the only conceivable option. 

Now add in other possibilities like Universal or culturally influenced  hallucinations, then you have a claim that can be proven, but telling somone to “grow up” because they are not imeadiatly accepting your own conclusion is not only childish within itself, it’s irresponsible.

I did not tell Coil to grow up. Read it again. I said myths are handed down and some of us grow up. 

I don't find special pleading convincing. It's more like self validation. 

And its not my conclusion. It's the conclusion of the laws of physics supported by what we have learned so far about the death process. 

If you can do better than another NDE story, or some wild stab with some Deepak Chopra garbage, then I'd be more than interested. I want to know how are the physics resolved? How can this alleged crossover be facilitated? what maintains it?

I don't see how it's possible, but I can see why many would want to believe. 

The dying brain hypothesis has not been proven by any means. It’s simply the accepted narrative by people who can’t consider any other options. 

That's not true at all. We know oxygen deprivation causes hallucinations, we see spikes of activity in dying brains then thermodynamics supports a final end. 

Nothing with substance supports a means to maintain the brains complexity after death. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 9:19 PM, Coil said:

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but Munroes work is based in recollection and experience, not so much mechanics and meand right? His predictions regarding binaural beats proved to be wrong wasn't it? As was the case with other predictions? 

There are hundreds of thousands of claims. That's all the are. Anecdotes. To be considered plausible at all, mechanisms need to be investigated, not anecdotes. Tell me how it can work, not that it does. 

On 1/27/2019 at 2:46 PM, White Crane Feather said:

Somone gave me a Monroe’s book when I was struggling with what was happening to me spontaneously. You have no idea how releaved I was that I was not going insane, and others had had the same sorts of thing happen.

With all due respect, that's preaching to the choir isn't it? 

41 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but Munroes work is based in recollection and experience, not so much mechanics and meand right? His predictions regarding binaural beats proved to be wrong wasn't it? As was the case with other predictions?

If you saw something in another world then you share your memories and experience, and what mechanics are you talking about?
I do not know what the essence of binaural beats is and I am not interested in his predictions because he did not rise high to see the distant future. His significant contribution was to escaping from the body, communicating with otherworldly beings, describing worlds and his twin in another world.

12 hours ago, Coil said:

If you saw something in another world then you share your memories and experience,

A predetermined outlook biased toward an afterlife is just perpetuating cultural myths. 

We have the means to see what the brain is doing during such experiences. 

12 hours ago, Coil said:

and what mechanics are you talking about?

How does it all work? 

Physics defies the idea of an afterlife. How can we have an afterlife when everything we know says it cannot happen? 

12 hours ago, Coil said:

I do not know what the essence of binaural beats is and I am not interested in his predictions because he did not rise high to see the distant future. His significant contribution was to escaping from the body, communicating with otherworldly beings, describing worlds and his twin in another world.

But stories are just stories. Unless someone can work out a way for life after death to be possible, it seems pointless considering it. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

psyche101 physics does not defy the aterlife it doesnt even look into the matter. you sound jealous that these people believe it while you do not. let them, if this was a result of oxy deprivation youd expect to have all sorts of wild things happen and and certainly see people who are still alive in those dreams. but people dont see those who are living. do they. weird eh?

4 hours ago, pbarosso said:

psyche101 physics does not defy the aterlife it doesnt even look into the matter. you sound jealous that these people believe it while you do not. let them, if this was a result of oxy deprivation youd expect to have all sorts of wild things happen and and certainly see people who are still alive in those dreams. but people dont see those who are living. do they. weird eh?

It would be nice but my issue is that our brain does alot of weird stuff.

People dream, has mental disorder s, etc.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2013/08/12/211324316/brains-of-dying-rats-yield-clues-about-near-death-experiences

They also saw rats have a surge of electricity go to the brain right before death or whatever.

It could just be a weird thing our brain does 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2019 at 10:55 AM, pbarosso said:

Spartan Max is right, I'm sorry you are so uniformed in this area of science. 

Here is one of the best physicists in the world explaining how physics redutes the afterlife myth. Enjoy educating yourself. 

On 1/22/2019 at 8:29 AM, Pettytalk said:

I had one hell of an OBE. An Out of Body Experience that had me going to hell for a whole night. I then saw her face, and now I'm a believer. The devil is a she, and wears Prada!

I feel sorry for those that will be going there more than just on a one night stand. It's all about absolute justice for those that gave none to others. And most of the members in hell where, are, and will be those that hated, rather than loved, and usually where the ones only concerned with number one...themselves, I mean, as number one.