Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychic abilities

gogo3356

Hello everyone

I am new here. I had always though that I was different since I was little (I had reoccuring dreams many of them were prophetic and sometimes I feel peoples emotions and thoughts).I went through a really stressful period for 3 months and it seems that my abilities are a little off should I worry? and I want to ask how I can make them stronger?Thanks for your time and sorry if I was a bother

• Like 1

When you think you feel peoples emotions and thoughts, have they confirmed you are correct? I am assuming you ask them?

Recognising emotions from facial expressions or body language is not paranormal or a special gift, it is something most humans can do. The question is = have you recognised them correctly?

Can you give us an example of a dream you had which you think foretold a future event?

• Like 1

Yes I was correct about the emotions and thougts but not because I read their body language. An example is I deamed about a discussion I had with one of my teachers and then it happened exactly as it was in my dream.This has been happening for years though (me seeing a dream that came true)

And if u want a more serious example one time i dreamed about the answers to an exam and they were exactly like in my dream

48 minutes ago, gogo3356 said:

And if u want a more serious example one time i dreamed about the answers to an exam and they were exactly like in my dream

At what point at the exam did you recall your dream? Before or during?

2 hours ago, gogo3356 said:

Hello everyone

I am new here. I had always though that I was different since I was little (I had reoccuring dreams many of them were prophetic and sometimes I feel peoples emotions and thoughts).I went through a really stressful period for 3 months and it seems that my abilities are a little off should I worry? and I want to ask how I can make them stronger?Thanks for your time and sorry if I was a bother

Prophetic dreams can lead to self fulfilling prophecy and confirmation bias. Meaning we either create and/or seek out (even unconsciously) that which we have "foreseen". Empathy is a normal human function and you're probably utilizing it on an intuitive level. 

Keep a dream journal and a regular journal so that you can cross reference them. If done right you might see a pattern of actions that were taken that created the event/s.

Life is a self fulfilling prophecy.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

guys I became aware of it during the exam and also I would like to know how can I can I make these abilities stronger. Thank you for your time

1 hour ago, gogo3356 said:

Welcome to UM,

What type of exam was it? And what type of questions/answers?

8 minutes ago, gogo3356 said:

guys I became aware of it during the exam and also I would like to know how can I can I make these abilities stronger. Thank you for your time

Then it's much more likely to be "deja-vu" than a prophetic dream. It works like this: A newly formed memory is stored. It takes a split second. And then recalled again immediately after, but mistakenly taken for a long term memory. The sense you get is then: I've experienced this exact thing before! But you haven't.

You can't increase or decrease these things.

Edited by sci-nerd

1 minute ago, gogo3356 said:

I dont know I remember to have woken from that dream that night so...

Our memory is a quirky thing. You can't quite trust it.

1 minute ago, gogo3356 said:

Do you know any ways to make those abilities stronger if i have them?

It's about concentration and observation. There are exercises. But it's not "psychic". Just higher functioning awareness. 

Best way is focal meditation. I'll give you details later. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, gogo3356 said:

ok thanks

Is there any wooded areas around you? 

26 minutes ago, gogo3356 said:

yeah

On nice days. Just go, find a place to sit that is "busy with nature" and blank your mind. Take in everything using your full field of vision. The best way to learn to use your full field is to stretch out your arms on either side of you and wiggle your middle fingers. You should see them out of the corners of your eyes. Just sit completely blank and you'll will start noticing insects, birds, the wind moving things.  Soon you notice everything around you and after a while you'll notice subtle things. Study people the same way. Then you'll start to see clues with people that tell you their "thoughts and intentions". It's called "cold reading" and I was taught to do it by my grandfather 40 years ago so it takes quite some time to develop.

Edited by Piney
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Piney said:

On nice days. Just go, find a place to sit that is "busy with nature" and blank your mind. Take in everything using your full field of vision. The best way to learn to use your full field is to stretch out your arms on either side of you and wiggle your middle fingers. You should see them out of the corners of your eyes. Just sit completely blank and you'll will start noticing insects, birds, the wind moving things.  Soon you notice everything around you and after a while you'll notice subtle things. Study people the same way. Then you'll start to see clues with people that tell you their "thoughts and intentions". It's called "cold reading" and I was taught to do it by my grandfather 40 years ago so it takes quite some time to develop.

Who needs science when you can have a shaman :wub:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, gogo3356 said:

ok thanks for the tip do you have anything on telekinesis or telepathy?again thanks for the info

My grandfather's Medicine Society taught it's members there was no such thing. Even though we allowed people to believe we had it. 

I'm a fully trained "Worker" junior. Not a "Believer". There is a difference.  

As for your dreams. Listen to @XenoFish  and keep a diary

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gogo3356 said:

Hello everyone

I say don't worry. Stress can reduce your psychic abilities. I would suggest working on de-stressing and your natural abilities should return..

• Like 1