Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ESP Predictions of Future for 2019

TheAngelofLightness

31 minutes ago, Swede said:

And this individual would be? Kindly be very specific.

The same thought came to my mind because the Delaware Prophet, Tenskwatawa, Wabokieshiek and Wovoka just got a lot of people killed. :whistle:

• Haha 1

On 10/21/2019 at 4:28 AM, Pettytalk said:

Who would bother to prophesy the death of such an insignificant figure? Just any 1 is an insignificant figure, when it comes to real prophecy. Real prophecy is given for all.

In general, the fact that someone knows the outcome of a choice to be made does not take away the choice from the one making it. For instance, I know a person well, and I know that this person hates bananas with a passion, and also know that this person likes apples and pears. If this person is given a choice of choosing which one of 3 fruits (banana, apple, and pear) they would not eat, I would know, almost certainly, that the person would choose to exclude the banana. And yet, my knowing which one would be selected has not prevented the person from choosing. Free will is not taken away by someone's else foreknowledge.

But you bring up an interesting point. If one is told that they would die by being hit by a car, obviously being killed by a truck is not the same thing, precisely, Although there can be similarities, and it's close enough for government prophecies. I recall a story, although vaguely now, about a prophecy given to parents about the death of their child, which would come by some wild animal. The parents take all steps, as you did, to avoid all situations where the child may come in contact with the animal. In the end the child dies within the building, where it had been isolated, to avoid any and all contact with the animal. The irony was that the prophecy had not been specific enough, since the child died as a result of contact with only the image of that animal. That's best I can remember it, otherwise I would have cited a reference.

And I would agree that there are only a handful of true prophets out there, if that many. The false ones can, at best, only make very vague and wild guesses, and indeed are those you accuse of profiteering and/or self aggrandizing. So true that it can hardly be argued against.

But above all the fakers, there stands a true prophet. And true prophecy is given freely, to warn, above all, and as a suggestive aid in making the right choices for avoiding a sure negative outcome. One is free to choose whether to accept the warning or to ignore it. There is still freedom of choice that comes with the warning, and as such, it does not take away free-will. Knowing that you will not accept the warning is not willed by higher powers, as the result is based on your free choosing not to accept it, just as it would be if you choose to accept it. I know how you will choose, but I did not take away your choice.

For a another example, you are at the beach just basking in the sun, as you usually are apt to do, and all of a sudden a warning rings out, and it's that same repetitive tsunami warning. You choose to ignore it, and remain on the beach, because I know that you are one of those that don't take the warning seriously anymore, having disregarded the last 3 warnings, because many times you have experienced false alarms in the past, since a tsunami has never materialized after the warnings, and therefore you no longer take them seriously. One can predict, with a very high rate of success, that 95% of those remaining on the beach will be killed, if the projected 30 feet waves do materialize this time, and will arrive on shore within 15 minutes. Obviously not the same, as tsunami warnings are not quite the same as prophecy. But perhaps, only poorly, still serves for making the point on free will and foreknowledge. No, yes, maybe?

You’re right, A Tsunsmi alarm isn’t foreknowledge, it’s current kwledge based on observation. Foreknowledge for a true prophet would be someone standing on the beach at 5am screaming that at 7am there will be a tsunsmi, and at 7am there is one.

• Like 2

On 10/20/2019 at 7:31 PM, Piney said:

The same thought came to my mind because the Delaware Prophet, Tenskwatawa, Wabokieshiek and Wovoka just got a lot of people killed. :whistle:

Chuckle! By all accounts Tenskwatawa in particular was an interesting piece of work (and his brothers's bane).

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Swede said:

Chuckle! By all accounts Tenskwatawa in particular was an interesting piece of work (and his brothers's bane).

Well, he could certainly read a Farmers Almanac. :yes:

• Haha 2