Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chess tournament participants thread

Saru

Yeah give us a few days heads up before the tournament start so that we have time to finish some warmup games 

2 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Joc, this is something to consider here. I think the default max games is 10 and I don't know if that can change for a provisional player.

Now, if people in here like me play some warm up games that are still in progress when the tourney starts, then they may not be able to play more games.

How many games in round 1? We have to reserve slots.Just something to think about. But we don't know when the tourney will start, either, so... 

I don't really think anyone needs to change their challenge status Earl.  Everyone will get a heads up on a start date once we have enough participants.

For round one, participants are organized in to groups of 5. Each player in each group plays against every other player in their group twice (once as white, once as black.  

I'm not sure what you are referring to about reserving slots.  Once we have enough participants...I will post a chart of who will be playing who in the first round.  Then, you just find your opponents name and challenge them.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, danydandan said:

@sci-nerd are you going to come play chess dude?

Since I was about 15 years old, I've had no interest in playing games, except maybe some pool or poker, when I'm drunk in a bar.

I just find them trivial and a waste of time. Time I can spend better gaining new knowledge or watching a movie.

51 minutes ago, joc said:

I don't really think anyone needs to change their challenge status Earl.  Everyone will get a heads up on a start date once we have enough participants.

For round one, participants are organized in to groups of 5. Each player in each group plays against every other player in their group twice (once as white, once as black.  

I'm not sure what you are referring to about reserving slots.  Once we have enough participants...I will post a chart of who will be playing who in the first round.  Then, you just find your opponents name and challenge them.

Here's what I mean.   In round 1, we have 8 games going, correct?  So we need to be sure that we can play that many more games come the start of the tourney.  If I have a ten game limit and I'm playing four games, guess what...?  I can't start 2 of my 8 games in round 1.

but t you and Saru have done this before so maybe I'm just a little naive.

4 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Here's what I mean.   In round 1, we have 8 games going, correct?  So we need to be sure that we can play that many more games come the start of the tourney.  If I have a ten game limit and I'm playing four games, guess what...?  I can't start 2 of my 8 games in round 1.

but t you and Saru have done this before so maybe I'm just a little naive.

People keep challenging me but I don't have time to play them all. How do I stop this?
[faq]stopchallenge[/faq]

To select the maximum number of games you wish to play, change your challenge settings from the 'My Settings' >> 'My Challenge Settings' menu. You may still challenge other people once you are at your limit, but others may not challenge you. Optionally, you may further set a rating range in which you will accept an invite.

It's been a long time since I posted here let alone played chess but I'm game.

RHP Username: Convinced

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As Non-Subscribers at RHP you have a maximum of 6 concurrent games.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, BuddingPsychic1111 said:

I'm interested in playing 

Cool...check out the chess introduction thread, if you haven't already, and register at redhotpawn.com.  I'll add your name to the list.

10 hours ago, joc said:

Cool...check out the chess introduction thread, if you haven't already, and register at redhotpawn.com.  I'll add your name to the list.

Can they use their psychic abilities? Because that would be unfair.

I'm only taking the pist.

On 1/10/2019 at 9:02 AM, -Nuke- said:

Hi I will participate and most likely win. I just registered as "NukeUM" .. I have no computer so as long as the board works on a cell phone I'm game

Hey NukeUM :)

Just download the app for your phone and register.  I'll be posting Playing Charts Monday the 21st.

joc

On 1/16/2019 at 7:44 AM, oldrover said:

I'm up for this. 

I cannot find your name on the player list on redhotpawn.com.

Tournament begins Monday Jan 21

Please register so your opponents can find you.

Thanks,

joc :)

On 1/13/2019 at 1:01 PM, I'mConvinced said:

It's been a long time since I posted here let alone played chess but I'm game.

RHP Username: Convinced

Hey Bud,

I can't find you on RHP...tournament begins Monday Jan 21 :)

On 1/10/2019 at 9:38 AM, Nnicolette said:

I want to play! How does it work?

@Nnicolette

Tournament starts Monday Jan 21...please go to redhotpawn.com and register so your opponents can find you and challenge you.

thanks,

joc :)

Not to be redundant...but..I'm being redundant..  :)

Please  register at redhotpawn.com as the Chess Tournament is set to begin on Monday Jan 21

@-Nuke-
@Nnicolette
@I'mConvinced
@oldrover
@psyche101

Balls.

I'm in with Earl and Atlantis. Definitely not winning a game against these fellas.

@joc has everyone signed up? I've ran a search for everyone in my group and a number do not have accounts set up. At what stage should we assume they aren't playing?

• Haha 1

How do I find the players I should be playing with?

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

Balls.

I'm in with Earl and Atlantis. Definitely not winning a game against these fellas.

@joc has everyone signed up? I've ran a search for everyone in my group and a number do not have accounts set up. At what stage should we assume they aren't playing?

There are still some who have not registered at RHP....pair yourself with who you can and hopefully that will resolve itself.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, joc said:

There are still some who have not registered at RHP....pair yourself with who you can and hopefully that will resolve itself.

Coolio. 

1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

You will play everyone on your Group List twice. So just pick whoever and start.

3 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I'll find ye.

2 minutes ago, joc said:

You will play everyone on your Group List twice. So just pick whoever and start.

Yeah, but are their names on RedHotPawn the same as their UM usernames? Or is there a group or something?

4 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Yeah, but are their names on RedHotPawn the same as their UM usernames? Or is there a group or something?

They should be the same as the names on the grouping tables.

Those that aren't registered under those names are currently being chased up.

• Thanks 1

• The topic was locked