Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Saru

Chess tournament participants thread

139 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

-Nuke-

Hi I will participate and most likely win. I just registered as "NukeUM" .. I have no computer so as long as the board works on a cell phone I'm game

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
19 minutes ago, -Nuke- said:

Hi I will participate and most likely win. I just registered as "NukeUM" .. I have no computer so as long as the board works on a cell phone I'm game

There is an Android app or Apple app available.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nnicolette

I want to play! How does it work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr.United_Nations

Eric261992 :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
3 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

I want to play! How does it work?

Nicolette, you have to register in one of the other two threads. The tournament thread,

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saru
9 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Nicolette, you have to register in one of the other two threads. The tournament thread,

This is the correct thread for signing up, however Nnicolette it's best to check - here - first to learn how the tournament will work.

Once you have an account on the chess site, post your username here and we'll get you added to the list. :tu:

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MWoo7

Please note, this will take a bit of your fuzz between the toes play time away,. for me.... just TOO! addicting.  You've all been warned teeehehe

Edited by MWoo7
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
2 hours ago, MWoo7 said:

Please note, this will take a bit of your fuzz between the toes play time away,. for me.... just TOO! addicting.  You've all been warned teeehehe

So...are you signing up then?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MWoo7
3 minutes ago, joc said:

So...are you signing up then?

oh gawds no, I've things that have to be done NOOOOOOOOOOOO WAY JOSE !   TX on luring me in though ahahaha! LATERZZZZZZ

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozymandias
17 hours ago, danydandan said:

I'm already getting whooped by numerous people on there.

Join the club ...... literally! I've started six games: lost two and four still playing.

You really do need to concentrate and be patient. Trying to multi-task is not a good idea.

Edited by Ozymandias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
5 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Join the club ...... literally! I've started six games: lost two and four still playing.

You really do need to concentrate and be patient. Trying to multi-task is not a good idea.

I'm sticking to five or six games at once, I can't be engaged in many more than that at the one time. Two I'm playing are nice an slow moving others are significantly faster. Earl is a bloody chess shark. 

When Earl beats me again I'll challenge you to a battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozymandias
3 hours ago, danydandan said:

I'm sticking to five or six games at once, I can't be engaged in many more than that at the one time. Two I'm playing are nice an slow moving others are significantly faster. Earl is a bloody chess shark. 

When Earl beats me again I'll challenge you to a battle.

I'll play you anytime, Dan. Had wanted to challenge you but saw you were engaged in too many games already.

Earl just beat me now. That's 3 - 0 against me. Are there any learners playing on RHP? I might challenge them!

Edited by Ozymandias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
16 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I'll play you anytime, Dan. Had wanted to challenge you but saw you were engaged in too many games already.

Earl just beat me now. That's 3 - 0 against me. Are there any learners playing on RHP? I might challenge them!

I'm a learner. When Earl beats me in a few moves I'll be free to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan

@sci-nerd are you going to come play chess dude? 

@joc do you ever wonder why none of the self-professed geniuses aren't interested in showing everyone else how smart they are by beating us all in chess. I'm sure you know whom I'm talking about. There are quite a few.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77

Due to my schedule I am only available for a week on , week off basis, @Saru is that gonna slow gameplay too much if i sign up?

Edited by Farmer77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
13 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Due to my schedule I am only available for a week on , week off basis, @Saru is that gonna slow gameplay too much if i sign up?

There is a 7 day cut off period for moves. But I'm sure people would be willing to waive that stipulation for you if you're playing them in the tournament.

But I'm not sure if the games in the tournament need to be completed within a week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
6 minutes ago, danydandan said:

There is a 7 day cut off period for moves. But I'm sure people would be willing to waive that stipulation for you if you're playing them in the tournament.

Once they see my skills they definitely will be :D

Ok thanks, im gonna go and get read up on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
5 hours ago, danydandan said:

@joc do you ever wonder why none of the self-professed geniuses aren't interested in showing everyone else how smart they are by beating us all in chess. I'm sure you know whom I'm talking about. There are quite a few.

There is a certain time commitment necessary.  Personally, if it were in the summer months I would probably not be able to take part due to my constraints on time. Everyone is welcome!  It is my hope that all who have the desire to play and the time to commit will.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
5 minutes ago, joc said:

There is a certain time commitment necessary.  Personally, if it were in the summer months I would probably not be able to take part due to my constraints on time. Everyone is welcome!  It is my hope that all who have the desire to play and the time to commit will.  

Is there a way, when the tournament begins, to limit the amount of games I can play? As I'd prefer to concentrate on one when I'm playing in the tournament? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
7 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Is there a way, when the tournament begins, to limit the amount of games I can play? As I'd prefer to concentrate on one when I'm playing in the tournament? 

 

I think if you go to My Settings ....Challenges....and change your challenge max to 1...

Maximum number of concurrent games before preventing challenges. Other 'Red Hot Pawn' users will only be able to challenge you when you have fewer than this number of active games. You will still be able to initiate games yourself above this limit.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pettytalk

I'm in unless I get suspended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
13 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

I'm in unless I get suspended.

I'll add you to the list!  lol   Don't get suspended...chess is fun! :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pettytalk
Just now, joc said:

I'll add you to the list!  lol   Don't get suspended...chess is fun! :)  

Tell the sausage maker to put in a good word for me this time, and perhaps I'll get haunt this forum forever, looking for the missing link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
3 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Tell the sausage maker to put in a good word for me this time, and perhaps I'll get haunt this forum forever, looking for the missing link.

The link you need to look for is this one..HERE....and sign up with redhotpawn.com:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
1 hour ago, joc said:

I think if you go to My Settings ....Challenges....and change your challenge max to 1...

Maximum number of concurrent games before preventing challenges. Other 'Red Hot Pawn' users will only be able to challenge you when you have fewer than this number of active games. You will still be able to initiate games yourself above this limit.

 

 

Joc, this is something to consider here. I think the default max games is 10 and I don't know if that can change for a provisional player.

Now, if people in here like me play some warm up games that are still in progress when the tourney starts, then they may not be able to play more games.

How many games in round 1? We have to reserve slots.Just something to think about. But we don't know when the tourney will start, either, so... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.