Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obese man escapes into virtual world

OverSword

I've been a lot of overweight people at work. A few of them use our mobile carts and they don't quite fit in the chair. I understand if it's a overactive thing but if you're just doing "just because" then exercise. It's crazy that some people in that "movement" think they're healthy! You aren't guys! Tess Holliday think she's "healthy" and even criticized Ashley Graham for calling herself "curvy." ??? One day these people will kneel over and be at the pearl white gates if they don't shape up soon. Just like this man here. 

• Like 1

On 7.1.2019 at 9:00 PM, OverSword said:

I think my question is, were it not for the virtual world he can escape to would he have the motivation to do something about his condition?

I have always been tall and slim/normal weight, so I can only imagine what this poor man is going through.

There is a lot of pain behind all this weight, so I wouldn't judge him because that would be cruel since I don't know his story.

What we see here is a sign of mental illness. It's the same with very skinny people.

He needs professional help to change his life.

Because if he could change his life by himself then he would have done it a long time ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Certain medications cause weight gain even if a person didn't overeat and exercise regular.

Also, so called diet beverages have Aspartame (NutraSweet) in them that causes cravings

to eat more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am hugely fat its hard.  You sort of get to various tipping points where you can throw one tons of weight.  You hit a point where you are able to be active due to joints and whatnot and it spirals.  Plus its an addiction, and one that you have to find a middle ground with.  Not doing something is easier than coming to terms with your desires to eat tons and tons.  Calories creep up on you with everything you eat, its so easy to pack on tons of calories.  

Food has me beat, it wins at every turn.  It sucks.  That said there are points where you are back to the wall and should see it as a wake up call.  Halting your mobility.  I know i need to start somehow.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 8:00 PM, OverSword said:

I think my question is, were it not for the virtual world he can escape to would he have the motivation to do something about his condition?

He doesnt have to do exercise or diet, if he just ate 3 normal sized meals a day most of that would come off.

You cant get that big without serious overeating. Like 5 large Domino Pizzas a day each washed down with a large bottle of Coca Cola overeating. His overeating will be about psychological problems where food is being used to regulate his emotions because he lacks the means to do it hinself.

Edited by RabidMongoose

On 2/1/2019 at 4:37 PM, travelnjones said:

I am hugely fat its hard.  You sort of get to various tipping points where you can throw one tons of weight.  You hit a point where you are able to be active due to joints and whatnot and it spirals.  Plus its an addiction, and one that you have to find a middle ground with.  Not doing something is easier than coming to terms with your desires to eat tons and tons.  Calories creep up on you with everything you eat, its so easy to pack on tons of calories.  

Food has me beat, it wins at every turn.  It sucks.  That said there are points where you are back to the wall and should see it as a wake up call.  Halting your mobility.  I know i need to start somehow.  

YOU CAN DO IT, sir/ma'am! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GoodReality said:

Do people on these shows address the problem and help the sufferers find a solution in any way? 

I think they just provide entertainment for people's morbid fascination on the topic.  I doubt that it causes most people to stop and consider the issue much.  Everyone has their demons and THEIR demons are always worse and usually someone else's fault.  Taking shots at the morbidly obese is easy and risk-free.  All it costs is a little breath and a little part of your humanity.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, and then said:

Everyone has their demons 

And we should never forget that!

Some people are just more private than others, but that doesn't mean that they don't have their own demons to beat!

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 7:37 PM, Hawken said:

Certain medications cause weight gain even if a person didn't overeat and exercise regular.

Also, so called diet beverages have Aspartame (NutraSweet) in them that causes cravings

to eat more.

While true, they dont cause weight gain to that extent.

He is massively overeating. His body must be burning through 5000 Kcal a day even with him doing no exercise at all due to his size. The question is why isn't he regulating his food intake? You dont get that big without mental health problems being the driver of the overeating.

I think people that size should be sectioned. They need mental health treatment and without it they are putting themselves at risk. The risk of heart disease, stroke, and obesity related cancer must be very high in him.

• Like 1

One thing about the massive overeating at least for me.  There are certain foods I can eat any amount off , "Drug of Choice" foods.  Graham crackers I can just eat with a mug of milk dipping them as I go.  While its happening just happiness and Dopamine,  I could eat through a box very easily.   Then when I stop after about 5 minutes pain from overfull stomach.  I try to not let them in the house.  

I also think it's important to mention that artificial sweeteners are very bad for the liver.