Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gadget dependence will bring the Antichrist

Eldorado

The leader of the Russian Orthodox Church has said that humans’ dependence on modern technology will result in the coming of the Antichrist.

In an interview with Russian state media, Patriarch Kirill explained he does not entirely oppose gadgets, but warned against “falling into slavery” to smartphones.

Patriarch Kirill said that the collection of user data including “location, interests and fears” will make it possible for humans to be controlled by external forces.

“Control from a single point is a harbinger of the coming of the Antichrist,” Kirill told the state-run Rossia-1 TV network on Orthodox Christmas Monday.

“The Antichrist is a personality that will be at the head of the world wide web controlling the entire human race. Thus, the structure itself presents a danger,” he said.

The church leader stressed that “if we don’t want to bring the apocalypse closer, there should be no single [control and access] center.”

Full report plus video: https://themoscowtimes.com/news/russian-patriarch-warns-antichrist-will-control-humans-through-gadgets-64060

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

Fear mongering has always the Christian method for staying in control. 

The "human" method.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

What does any of this have to do with the antichrist?

2 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

What does any of this have to do with the antichrist?

“The Antichrist is a personality that will be at the head of the world wide web controlling the entire human race. Thus, the structure itself presents a danger,” he said.

The church leader stressed that “if we don’t want to bring the apocalypse closer, there should be no single [control and access] center.”

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

The "human" method.

cattle prods, they're portable and easy to use or am I not being PC.

jmccr8

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Hi Eldorado

The devil is in the details.

jmccr8

• Haha 5

Just now, Eldorado said:

The Antichrist is a personality that will be at the head of the world wide web controlling the entire human race. Thus, the structure itself presents a danger,” he said.

Which is pretty much BS.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

34 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

The Antichrist is a personality that will be at the head of the world wide web controlling the entire human race. Thus, the structure itself presents a danger,” he said.

Have i got this right, the antichrist has access to the www?  What does he have, a smartphone? A tablet? A computer? A laptop? And who is his server...BT? SKY?giffgaff etc etc? 

Ridiculous!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Right, well I'll be sure to record the coming of the antichrist on my new OnePlus 6T. It has an excellent camera.

• Haha 1

If he had just left out the bit about the antichrist, and left the viewer to fill in the gap for themselves, then I wouldn't disagree with much of what he said. Our slave like obsession with personal technology is spiralling out of control imo 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Because the idea of a single individual desiring to be in control of everything is, well, preposterous, right?  The funny thing to me is that those he will control either won't be conscious of it or won't care.  At least, not for the first few years.  That last 3 and a half will be a stone-cold b****, though.  Watching the ramped up level of absolute venom that millions around the planet have been stirred to over a single leader they didn't approve, I can now understand how quickly hateful mobs will be assembled to crush anyone or anything the puppet masters oppose.  Heads up - when you see the news about a peace deal that includes Israel and several other nations in the M.E. and that is to implemented over a 7-year term, city-life is about to become less than nice. 

42 minutes ago, The Sky Scanner said:

If he had just left out the bit about the antichrist, and left the viewer to fill in the gap for themselves, then I wouldn't disagree with much of what he said. Our slave like obsession with personal technology is spiralling out of control imo 

Personal faith aside, I think anyone who denies the reality of that last sentence is either in denial or is willfully ignorant.  For people like me who reached adulthood just as this wave was forming, it's not as bad.  We still realize the value of personal interaction with friends and family.  The youth are becoming tech-Zombies.  When AI and robotics come into their own, there are going to be some bizarre subcultures springing up and the overall population in the "developed countries" will plummet.  In fact, that has already occurred in Europe.  Those cultures are dying today.  America, as a national entity, will continue to exist but the country that fought WWII is almost as dead as the men and women who struggled then.  It's a sobering but fascinating thing to watch at this stage of my life.    I think old Bill Shakespear got it right, in the end - "It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

• Thanks 1

This Russian guy is spouting a load of ball-ox , as a church leader he should be ashamed of himself , the antichrist is not a person walking the Earth , but there could be a hell where he is supposed to be, somewhere in the Russian steppes or mountains.  

4 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Well then that solves it. The antichrist must be PewDiePie!! :o

pewdiepie.jpg

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Well then that solves it. The antichrist must be PewDiePie!! :o

:lol: LMAO! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, The Sky Scanner said:

Exactly this. Mention the anti-Christ and get a knee jerk denial because religion, when the fact is our dependency on technology and constant entertainment bites and increasingly shortened attention spans should be drawing serious attention by science to determine the inevitable impacts on us as a culture and people. 

I do not think it is a good trend nor will it be easily reversible. People have always been prone to falling for propaganda and will become increasingly so the more they depend upon and trust tech for their thoughts. Look at the basic debates here by younger members. Some are good, others hopelessly unable to even understand logic, let alone employ it, they just run with a fun idea and cannot spell except in chatspeak.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Overdependence on technology is a bad enough issue to stand on its own, it doesn't need childish appeals to make-believe entities to be taken seriously. I say this as someone who has built his career on technology; it isn't bad, but how we use it is not always good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

9 minutes ago, Podo said:

Overdependence on technology is a bad enough issue to stand on its own, it doesn't need childish appeals to make-believe entities to be taken seriously. I say this as someone who has built his career on technology; it isn't bad, but how we use it is not always good.

I depended on technology in the security field, but also ( where other's in the field don't anymore) depended on my instincts and senses.

I shun it when I'm bush and that includes night vision apparatus. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Sky Scanner said:

I agree. It also seems to have hit a new idiot note with this patriarch. To bring the antichrist into it is a sure sign this guy is afraid of the effects the technology can have on a different level. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

I depended on technology in the security field, but also ( where other's in the field don't anymore) depended on my instincts and senses.

I shun it when I'm bush and that includes night vision apparatus. 

Preach, brother! Backcountry tech can sometimes be good, but some can hurt. Compasses and such are good, even a handheld GPS at times, but you'll always be better served being able to do everything yourself. I've been actively working on my natural navigation for the past few years, and after a few months I was able to more quickly navigate than my cousin's GPS. I was surprised how simple it was. Not easy, necessarily, but super simple.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Perhaps old John got it wrong and the mark of the beast isn't 666 but WWW ? :innocent:

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Podo said:

Preach, brother! Backcountry tech can sometimes be good, but some can hurt. Compasses and such are good, even a handheld GPS at times, but you'll always be better served being able to do everything yourself. I've been actively working on my natural navigation for the past few years, and after a few months I was able to more quickly navigate than my cousin's GPS. I was surprised how simple it was. Not easy, necessarily, but super simple.

I have my grandpop's orienteering Silva. **** GPS! 

• Haha 2