Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

President Trump Addresses the Nation [VIDEO]

acidhead

This is it in a nut shell. Well written too. And....funny. 

https://hittingthetrifecta.com/2019/01/08/government-shutdown-trump-pigeons/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

Sorry about ruining your moment, acid old boy.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

This is it in a nut shell. Well written too. And....funny. 

https://hittingthetrifecta.com/2019/01/08/government-shutdown-trump-pigeons/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

Sorry about ruining your moment, acid old boy.

It wasn't all that funny....kind of dumb actually...nothing against you for posting it though..just sayin'

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, acidhead said:

And the rebuttal from the D's.

Chuck looks like a serial killer 

• Haha 3

While watching Pelosi and Schumer, all I could envision was Lily and Herman Munster dressed as American Gothic with the theme to the Addams Family playing in the background.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

i know its about the wall but it also sounds like another war on drugs and violence, only with a wall plus global security with a wall. and not to forget its humanitarian with a wall. anyway, Trump put up a persuasive argument with his powerful speech with all the personal references to violence. scared the chit outta me... build the wall...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, acidhead said:

And the rebuttal from the D's.

unfortunately, Trump was more convincing.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

i know its about the wall but it also sounds like another war on drugs and violence, only with a wall plus global security with a wall. and not to forget its humanitarian with a wall. anyway, Trump put up a persuasive argument with his powerful speech with all the personal references to violence. scared the chit outta me... build the wall...

If it scared you then you got the wrong thing out of it.  It was to inform and educate.  It spoke truth to ignorance.  Trump put the task before the American people.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

unfortunately, Trump was more convincing.

I'd have to agree CR. Trump came across as being concerned for the nation. Pelosi, and especially Schumer, came across as politicians trying to 'get' their opponent.

Of course, that is all just perception, not fact. And - of course - President Trump had AGES to carefully write his speech, whereas Pelosi and Schumer had just a few hours to create their riposte.

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

I'd have to agree CR. Trump came across as being concerned for the nation. Pelosi, and especially Schumer, came across as politicians trying to 'get' their opponent.

yup he pulled off the speech someone else wrote nicely.. 

lets see what he says on twitter over the next few days 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I saw a lot of politics,  lots more of that than truth.   If the speech wins support, things will be rosy.  If it backfires, some aides are going to be mighty uncomfortable.

1 hour ago, toast said:

A typical New York Times hatchet job. It cites about 3-4 of the Presidents claims to be 'false'... even though they are true. (for example, The President stated that 'thousands' of illegal immigrants enter the country each day. The NYT claimed this was 'false', but admitted that 1700 entered each day. Well, that seems like thousands (ish) to me ? )

The rest of the claims where classified as "needs context". The classic one was Heroin, in which the NYT article "baits and switches", discussing Fentanyl instead of Heroin. (whilst, in passing, admitting that the Presidents statement was correct). 

And so on. 

• Like 3

Q: will the workers who dont get their monthly paychecks yet, get a full retrospective payment when the hostage-taking shut-down is over or is that money lost forever?

Anyway, to bring 800k workers in such a serious financial situation is a no-go because it could be the financial death for those with low wages, living in a check-to-check situation.

good speech from President Trump....presenting a strong argument..

re the Pelosi / Schumer one... at 3:53... it sounds to me that Schumer said...

"........ and we can welcome illegal immigrants and refugees without compromising safety and security....."

I though... what the... !?!

so i looked at a transcript and it said...

".........And we can welcome legal immigrants and refugees without compromising safety and security......"

so dunno.... I've listened to it a few times and it still sounds like... "illegal immigrants" to me...

I mean no one is disputing that LEGAL immigrants are welcome... so why even say that?
even though it's lumped with refugees....

Freudian Slip ???

:unsure2:

15 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

The NYT claimed this was 'false', but admitted that 1700 entered each day. Well, that seems like thousands (ish) to me ?

Thousands is the plural of thousand. By math, the minimum figure for "thousands" is 2.000, so any value <2000 isnt "thousands".

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, toast said:

Q: will the workers who dont get their monthly paychecks yet, get a full retrospective payment when the hostage-taking shut-down is over or is that money lost forever?

Congress has passed legislation granting federal employees retroactive pay during past government shutdowns, and back-pay legislation has already been introduced for this latest shutdown. 

https://federalnewsnetwork.com/government-shutdown/2019/01/now-in-a-new-congress-lawmakers-reintroduce-back-pay-legislation-for-feds-during-shutdown/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the thing is... that the numbers of illegal immigrants will rise unless something is done....

especially when you factor in that the caravans had lots of help before they were dumped at the border...
the people helping them... UN? Soros? who ever.... have a political globalist agenda to have open borders north
and south..

so they aren't going to stop any time soon... using desperate people to further their agenda...

it must be a nightmare of danger and lawlessness for vulnerable people and children encouraged to force
their way in through the Southern Border......

Edited by bee
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, toast said:

Thousands is the plural of thousand. By math, the minimum figure for "thousands" is 2.000, so any value <2000 isnt "thousands".

It actually depends on what dictionary you are using to define thousands.  If you go with oxford, cambridge, or dictionary.com then Trump's usage of thousands was correct but if you use merrims-webster, collins, or freedictionary.com then you are right.

Ultimately it's more a figure of speech then a precise figure so trying to use mathematics to prove what is a linguistics matter right or wrong is rather pointless.

Also if one wanted to actually get mathematical to solve the issue one could make a strong argument that thousands would be defined as any number that is n*1000 with n being any number greater then 1 where the product does not exceed 9,999.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Thanks 1

Trump will declare emergency - provide funds from existing military budget, open the government claiming he has done what was needed.

Meanwhile his diversion of funds will be subjected to legal challenges that will ensure no wall is built this side of 2020 election.

Americans can look forward to a Presidential election on 1 issue. Wall: to be or not to be.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Congress has passed legislation granting federal employees retroactive pay during past government shutdowns, and back-pay legislation has already been introduced for this latest shutdown. 

https://federalnewsnetwork.com/government-shutdown/2019/01/now-in-a-new-congress-lawmakers-reintroduce-back-pay-legislation-for-feds-during-shutdown/

While this is good, there is still hardship that some may not be able to work through, how many ordinary workers can forgo a months salary and carry on the next month as if nothing has happened. The US needs a different apparatus which doesn't penalise ordinary workers when Presidents and congress can't agree. Stop the government by all means but pay the workers on time - its not their fault.

• Like 2

its not a wall.. its just a very big pool fence 

181026-border-wall-ew-212p_78529e537eb99

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgLxHnLH95Mk704tqN1xB

I'm surprised they aired it. They refused to air a similar speech by Obama on immigration because it was 'too political'.

From what I've read, it was just more of Trump spewing lies. He said 90% of drugs come over the border? Findings by his own government revealed that for heroin, meth and cocaine, around 90% for each come through he ports. And the speech was full to the brim with other lies.

I'm astounded that the leader of a country can brazenly lie to his people so often without any sort of repercussions, politically or legally. It's insanity. 

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Of course, that is all just perception, not fact. And - of course - President Trump had AGES to carefully write his speech, whereas Pelosi and Schumer had just a few hours to create their riposte.

Say what you want about Trump, and there is a LOT of bad you can legitimately say about him, but he's always tried to do what he thinks is best for the American people rather than "American interests" or "humanitarian obligations" as those who support illegal immigration and endless foreign wars always say.

• Like 1