Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

President Trump Addresses the Nation [VIDEO]

acidhead

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

The Democrats are passing bills to get them to work.  Trump is the only one that says their jobs are linked to the wall. 

The President wants to build a wall to secure the southern border.  The Dems don't want him to build a wall.

The President told them if you don't fund the wall...I won't sign your bill.  He has the final say.  They didn't fund the wall...they called his bluff...they should know by now he doesn't bluff...he negotiates....but they don't want to negotiate because they know he always when.

so...they are playing hard ball with the King of Hard Ball...Trump didn't Furlough any Federal Workers...Schumer did...Pelosi did. 

In the 2+ Trillion dollar budget...5 billion is like giving your kid some lunch money for school.  It isn't a big deal...they think they can win the ball game...they won't...they can't.  The only people getting hurt here are the Federal Workers who have car payments...mortgages...bills just like everyone else.  Who is it that doesn't care and is using them as pawns...Trump...Schumer...Pelosi...a combination of the three?  It is Schumer and Pelosi....their obligation is not to stop the President over 5 billion dollars...their obligation is to the American People and they are failing them miserably because of Partisan Hatred for Trump.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, and then said:

First, a wall isn't a fortification.  Second, Israel and Hungary are two perfect examples of how a determined government can use a barrier to stop an invasion by non-citizens.  If he manages to get any significant amount of this barrier built, it won't surprise me if vandals try to destroy it from OUR side.  

A wall is a fortification if it is used for defense instead of decoration.  Both Israel and Hungary both have something the US doesn't.  A toxic environment towards migrants and refugees in general.  Asylum seekers skip Hungary and head towards Germany.  Israel is practically an apartheid state.  It's like saying fences work because none of the black kids play in the yard of the guy flying the confederate flag and has his KKK outfit on his lawn chair.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, joc said:

The President wants to build a wall to secure the southern border.  The Dems don't want him to build a wall.

The President told them if you don't fund the wall...I won't sign your bill.  He has the final say.  They didn't fund the wall...they called his bluff...they should know by now he doesn't bluff...he negotiates....but they don't want to negotiate because they know he always when.

so...they are playing hard ball with the King of Hard Ball...Trump didn't Furlough any Federal Workers...Schumer did...Pelosi did. 

In the 2+ Trillion dollar budget...5 billion is like giving your kid some lunch money for school.  It isn't a big deal...they think they can win the ball game...they won't...they can't.  The only people getting hurt here are the Federal Workers who have car payments...mortgages...bills just like everyone else.  Who is it that doesn't care and is using them as pawns...Trump...Schumer...Pelosi...a combination of the three?  It is Schumer and Pelosi....their obligation is not to stop the President over 5 billion dollars...their obligation is to the American People and they are failing them miserably because of Partisan Hatred for Trump.

"Why are you making me beat the children?  If you do as I say, I wouldn't have to beat the children...." 

Trump makes a great abusive spouse.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, and then said:

The wall is a symbol.  Most of his supporters realize that.  It is tangible proof that action is being taken to improve border security.  Obviously, neither party is really interested in stopping the flow or even in slowing it significantly.  If they were, a simple law that would criminalize the hiring of non-citizens and deny them any benefits beyond emergency healthcare would take care of 80+ % of this problem.  They come here for jobs - and welfare.  Remove the incentive and the problem mostly will go away.  

Honestly, he could say that he built the wall, illegal immigration is down,  there have been no terrorist attacks, and the drug problem is being taken care of and none of his followers would be any the wiser.  I mean he has everyone convinced that they can claim welfare and a myriad of other myths.

• Like 1

Honestly, he could say that he built the wall, illegal immigration is down,  there have been no terrorist attacks, and the drug problem is being taken care of and none of his followers would be any the wiser.  I mean he has everyone convinced that they can claim welfare and a myriad of other myths.

For example ? 

14 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

"Why are you making me beat the children?  If you do as I say, I wouldn't have to beat the children...." 

Trump makes a great abusive spouse.

No...it's more like...We have thugs walking off the street into the neighborhood where our children play.  They are hanging out and selling drugs on the corner by my house.  We need a Wall around our neighborhood...make it more a gated community...where legit people can go in and out through the gate and the illigit people find access much more difficult...

That is called love for your children...saying...No...we are not going to protect your neighborhood is what the Democrats are best known for.  They and their policies created the barios and the ghettos...they are the evil, wicked, mean and nasty...don't step on the grass Sam, straight razor toten' woman of the fight....not Trump.

Edited by joc
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I have been watching Mexican women for years at the markets...with huge buggies of food...and what do they pay for them with?  A card they got from the government.  You don't get out much do you?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

For example ? 

That they will believe anything?   There are some here that think Mexico is paying for the wall for example.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, joc said:

I have been watching Mexican women for years at the markets...with huge buggies of food...and what do they pay for them with?  A card they got from the government.  You don't get out much do you?

Checked their citizenship did you?  Did they have American kids or spouses?  Did they pay with foodstamps?

My wife buys huge buggies of food.  She isn't illegal or American or on welfare.  You sure you didn't see my wife?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, joc said:

No...it's more like...We have thugs walking off the street into the neighborhood where our children play.  They are hanging out and selling drugs on the corner by my house.  We need a Wall around our neighborhood...make it more a gated community...where legit people can go in and out through the gate and the illigit people find access much more difficult...

That is called love for your children...saying...No...we are not going to protect your neighborhood is what the Democrats are best known for.  They and their policies created the barios and the ghettos...they are the evil, wicked, mean and nasty...don't step on the grass Sam, straight razor toten' woman of the fight....not Trump.

I thought we were talking about why Trump was letting American federal workers suffer because he wasn't getting his way?

• Like 2

Checked their citizenship did you?  Did they have American kids or spouses?  Did they pay with foodstamps?

My wife buys huge buggies of food.  She isn't illegal or American or on welfare.  You sure you didn't see my wife?

Did they have a Government Food Stamp Card?  Yes   Did they have little bambinos speaking Spanish...yes....Is your wife a Mexican with a Government Food Card?

Just now, Gromdor said:

I thought we were talking about why Trump was letting American federal workers suffer because he wasn't getting his way?

No...that is what the Leftist Propaganda Media Machine is droning on about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joc said:

Did they have a Government Food Stamp Card?  Yes   Did they have little bambinos speaking Spanish...yes....Is your wife a Mexican with a Government Food Card?

Ah, so they had American kids that were receiving food stamps.  Nah, she is a Brazilian/Italian dual citizen and her American husband makes way too much money for her to get food stamps.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

And the black homeless lady he lets stay in one of his hotels for the last 22 years for free, after she refused to leave. Or the countless millions he's given to charities. Or the guy who he paid off his mortgage for after giving help outside is house when Trumps Limo got a flat. And any number of similar stories. Get out of your echo chamber.

E gads!! :o You mean Trump was giving lazy people free handouts!? Those lazy entitled ingrates shouldn't be taking advantage of Trump's success like that. :no: They should be up and working hard for their own stuff rather than stealing from rich people like Trump in order to get all kinds of free stuff. How dare they!?

(Warning: deadly levels of sarcasm in the area) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

You watch too much TV.  Drug's aren't all packaged into neatly wrapped squares with plastic wrap.

Most mules do pack them in plastic covered bundles.  Of course, size may vary.  And no package no matter the size can be thrown over a 30’ wall by a human in enough quantities to go undetected.  Something the size of a baseball might work but you wouldn’t be able to get enough over the wall before a patrol comes by.

Fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of man. - George S. Patton.

Geez, I didn’t know I was going to have to instruct in tactics?  Yes, that is a famous quote and very true.  Anything man can build can be defeated.  Another famous quote is “Follow the Sapper”.  Any defense can be nullified by going around, over, under, or through.  When it comes to tactics, I tend to follow Patton’s ideas but his style of warfare is not applicable to this situation.  In certain situations a wall can be an offensive weapon.  It can be used to draw out the Sapper.  In order to defeat this wall, you have to defeat the manpower and electronics.  And before you can do that you have to defeat the will of the people.  The weakest point is usually the will of the people.  To defeat a wall, you need to encircle it in some way.  Genghis Khan did an end-run around the Great Wall of China.  The Germans by-passed the Maginot Line.  The wall on the Southern border cannot be encircled, end-runned, or by-passed.  Caesar defeated the walls of Alesia by an encirclement of a double wall.  This was an excellent example of a wall being used as an offensive weapon.

31 minutes ago, joc said:

Seriously man. I mean, how dare we give hungry people who can't afford food something to eat. That's such an atrocity. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Most mules do pack them in plastic covered bundles.  Of course, size may vary.  And no package no matter the size can be thrown over a 30’ wall by a human in enough quantities to go undetected.  Something the size of a baseball might work but you wouldn’t be able to get enough over the wall before a patrol comes by.

The argument is rather pointless.  Trump posted the "wall" design.  You can pass drugs right through it.  It is designed for visibility not to hinder drug passage. No one is going to throw it over.  They are going to do what they have been- driving it through by the semi-load right through a check point.  Considering they aren't getting paid right now, I am sure they are willing to "hurry up" inspections in exchange for rent money.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, toast said:

Q: will the workers who dont get their monthly paychecks yet, get a full retrospective payment when the hostage-taking shut-down is over or is that money lost forever?

Anyway, to bring 800k workers in such a serious financial situation is a no-go because it could be the financial death for those with low wages, living in a check-to-check situation.

Yes.  And the truth is that both sides love to point out the plight of these victims but neither will adjust their position enough to actually help them.  Why?  Because they don't give a damn about about them, that's why.  These federal workers are just pieces on a gaming board to the immoral sociopaths that we have elected to office.  The real problem is that both parties are extremists.  The truth is that yes, we should do something about illegal immigration.  Would a wall help?  I didn't used to think so but every cop on the border patrol disagrees with me.  Are the illegal aliens coming across just picking fruit?  No they are using stolen SS numbers and working in factories, funneling money back to the cartels that smuggled them here.  They want five billion dollars to build a wall and currently spend eleven billion enforcing the border without the wall.  If this is the BIG issue today it seems a bit like a no-brainer at this time to me.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

That they will believe anything?   There are some here that think Mexico is paying for the wall for example.

Mexico has already paid for the wall, or at least when they ratify the treaty, then when the wall gets built, that will save hundreds of millions more.  The wall will pay for itself.

9 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Seriously man. I mean, how dare we give hungry people who can't afford food something to eat. That's such an atrocity. :rolleyes:

And those people don’t belong here.  The food they’ve stolen should go to our poor, vets, and children.  When people realize they can’t steal our food, they won’t come.

I haven't watched either video.  I don't think I could watch any of those people speak for more than 45 seconds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I haven't watched either video.  I don't think I could watch any of those people speak for more than 45 seconds.

High five. Right there with ya dude.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

What about hungry dogs?
(*Profanity alert)

I wish I could afford to give my kids lobster 3 times a week...working is for chumps!

"I just bought it for the video. I use to like lobster but I cannot eat it now. I went and bought a live lobster. Why are you allowed to buy a live lobster with your food stamps? So I picked up the biggest juiciest one. Think about people like the grocery store cashier. She would have to work an hour to pay for this lobster and hear I am buying it for nothing. Minimum Wage workers can barely afford to feed themselves and their taxes are going toward people buying lobster with their EBT Card. The Cashier probably has an old flip phone that gets shut off all the time because she cannot pay her bill. So this is just my normal Smartphone. I don't need another phone. The government gave me another free Obama Smartphone. This is what minimum wage workers taxes are paying for. These are my Coach Keychains. These 3 keychains here cost more than those people's car payments. Well actually most of them don't even have cars they are using ****** public transportation. If you refuse to work you can just sit on your ass. I am on Social Security Disability for depression. So if you are too depressed to work full time just apply for free money from SSI. So this is what the taxpayers paid for: Is for me to feed steak and lobster to my dog while making a Youtube video bragging about it and mocking America."

You might be misinformed on just how bad the welfare system really is. It's a joke. Encouraging poor people to have more kids they can't afford, all paid for with taxes from minimum wage workers. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

The argument is rather pointless.  Trump posted the "wall" design.

The wall will be pretty versatile.  It can be changed at will.

You can pass drugs right through it. 

If you get the chance to.  If the wall is properly manned, they won’t get close enough.

It is designed for visibility not to hinder drug passage.

The wall with slats was a sarcastic comment Trump made to pacify (make fun of ) the Progs.  Walls can have parapets.  The wall isn’t meant to hinder anything all by itself.

No one is going to throw it over. 

That was the point.

They are going to do what they have been- driving it through by the semi-load right through a check point. 

And when that gets closed off, they are going to look elsewhere to cross.

Considering they aren't getting paid right now, I am sure they are willing to "hurry up" inspections in exchange for rent money.

If they are working without pay, they are still working and have nowhere else to go, so there is no reason to “hurry up”.  Most are willing to take the hit now because they need the wall and more of everything else.