Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

President Trump Addresses the Nation [VIDEO]

acidhead

6 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

Even the Trump hotel management have said this claim is false. Man alive, get your head out of YouTube.

Link? Do you even know which hotel we are talking about here? 

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

That seems like an extremely prejudiced comment, ExpandmyMind.

You COULD argue that by preventing illegal immigration "in the desert", it would allow Border officials more manpower to focus on vehicles/people coming in through the "legal" channels, and hence improve the detection of drugs ? 

You call it a "lie"... I might call it a simplification in a short political speech !

But that's not what he's arguing - he's trying to get voters to be scared of drugs coming in through the desert, so he can build a wall. That simply isn't happening. And if you're going to go down the route of putting more people on the manned checkpoints, then why not just hire more people with the money? (For the record, manpower isn't the problem, it's the sheer volume of traffic. There's really no way to properly screen all those coming in without commerce grinding to a halt. Source: Narcos: Mexico).

I'm not the one lying. He is. He always does. I know all politicians do to some extent, but Trump takes it to a level that, really, we only see in dictatorships. I'm not even exaggerating. He recently claimed that some previous Presidents had told him they wanted to build a wall. Every single one has came out and said that they said no such thing. He says what he wants in an attempt to get what he wants.

Nothing about my comment was 'prejudiced'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

they all told us, US public when they were presidents. plenty of videos, not just videos, but they actually build fences themselves,  and now they back off, so they are lairs here, not him, and i for one glad they are no longer relevant

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

What about hungry dogs?
(*Profanity alert)

I wish I could afford to give my kids lobster 3 times a week...working is for chumps!

You might be misinformed on just how bad the welfare system really is. It's a joke. Encouraging poor people to have more kids they can't afford, all paid for with taxes from minimum wage workers. 

So some YouTuber presents anecdotal accounts while parroting right-wing talking points and that somehow accounts for ALL people on government assistance? :huh:

I call BS.

'Welfare makes people lazy' - DEBUNKED

Edited by Aquila King
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, and then said:

The only support he'll receive is from those who already support him and are demanding that our borders be made more secure.  The true essence of this "crisis" is pure politics.  We both know it and most of the American people know it as well.  He's asking for about 6 billion in a two trillion dollar budget and they are stiff-arming him.  The aspect of this whole showdown that bothers me most is that if God forbid, another 9-11 scale attack occurred next week or month and the terrorists were traced coming across that border, the establishment and media would STILL try to blame him. 

You are a logical person and then, I know the essence of the crisis is pure politics.  He is asking for a small amount of money and they are stiff arming him.  It is pure politics.  It has nothing to do with border security or the safety of the American people.  I would argue, and you might disagree that both sides want that.  The politics is in a nutshell, President Trump is trying to fulfill one of his big campaign promises to his base and his opponents are trying to thwart that. 

Now if another 9-11 scale attack occurred next week, in all likelihood it would be by agents that had entered this country legally through airports.  As you recall, there was a lot of preparation for the 9-11 attack, including flight training for foreign nationals in this country legally.  The chances of them coming over the southern border are minimal.  In the case of the OKC bombing, it was an American national.    

If terrorists slipped past an overworked or understaffed TSA in an airport because the government is shut down, then the President would bear at least a portion of the blame.  He could put all of those people back to work, but he would lose his leverage.

A wall will not prevent terrorists bent on destruction from entry.  A wall will not prevent or diminish the flow of drugs into this country.  Already most are coming through air or sea routes to ports of entry. There is too much incentive, either money or hate for a wall to counter.  There is enough power in those organizations that will find existing alternatives to exploit.  The wall in Israel has greatly reduced Palestinian acts of terror in Israel.   But we are not dealing with suicide bombers coming across to blow up buses or schools in El Paso or San Diego.  I don't know, but I would guess Israeli airport security could teach us a thing or two.

On one issue a wall will serve.  It will reduce the number of people crossing the border as individuals or families seeking work; not part of a well funded cartel or terrorist organization with better options than crossing the desert on foot.  Not all  people are  convinced that a wall is the only way to do that.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

But that's not what he's arguing - he's trying to get voters to be scared of drugs coming in through the desert, so he can build a wall. That simply isn't happening.

No, he’s not.  Yes, he wants to build the wall but not by scaring us.  He is empowering us with information.  But we should be scared of the drugs.  But you’re right, we are not scared because we know what is going on and what needs to be done.  The only ones scared are the Progs because they’ll lose their voter base.

And if you're going to go down the route of putting more people on the manned checkpoints, then why not just hire more people with the money? (For the record, manpower isn't the problem, it's the sheer volume of traffic. There's really no way to properly screen all those coming in without commerce grinding to a halt. Source: Narcos: Mexico).

We also need to hire more people at the checkpoints.  It is also a problem of manpower.  But if we hire more people at checkpoints and that results in reducing the amount of drugs coming across, what do you think the cartels are going to do?  Get more of their own manpower to pack the drugs over the border through the desert.  Then what are you going to do?

I'm not the one lying. He is. He always does.

No, he is not and no he does not.  You’ve been listening to the lies of the MSM.

I know all politicians do to some extent, but Trump takes it to a level that, really, we only see in dictatorships.

In that case, you should know that Pelosi and Schumer are lying.  If you think Trump is lying, at least he is lying while defending this nation.  I suppose then with what you just said that you never saw the dictatorship that Obama had going?  That was the mother of all levels.  Hilary would have solidified it.

I'm not even exaggerating. He recently claimed that some previous Presidents had told him they wanted to build a wall. Every single one has came out and said that they said no such thing.

I’d have to see your sources.  But I do believe that several had considered a wall.  I know the Idea of a wall has been around for as long as I can remember.  I saw a clip of Pelosi, Schumer, Hilary, and I think Obama all state they are for a wall.  Now they call it immoral.

He says what he wants in an attempt to get what he wants.

I think we all say what we want to get what we want.  He will get the wall, it’s just a matter of how.  He’s been giving the Progs all sorts of chances to participate.

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

Mexico has already paid for the wall, or at least when they ratify the treaty, then when the wall gets built, that will save hundreds of millions more.  The wall will pay for itself.

If they ratify the treaty, the advantage will be to American workers and American companies.  There is not a pile of money headed to the federal treasury.  What you do, ask auto workers to cough up a couple dollars an hour because you might have saved their jobs?  Would you take the hard earned dollars from business owners and drive them out of business?  Get real about  this,  Mexico has not and will not pay for the wall.  The wall will not pay for itself.  The wall had not part ion the trade negotiations.

Forget about a foreign country paying for this.  If it is worth it to us, we should pay for it ourselves. What is so wrong about that?

Chuck Schumer in 2009:

-Americans don't like illegal immigration
-"Illegal immigration is wrong"
-People illegally in the U.S. are "illegal aliens," not "undocumented"
-Border fence made the southern border "far more secure...created a significant barrier to illegal immigration"

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Trump hit the nail on the head when he said, that prior to his election, many leading dems were for a fence or a wall.

After Trump became prez... Well, you know the rest.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

If it scared you then you got the wrong thing out of it.  It was to inform and educate.  It spoke truth to ignorance.  Trump put the task before the American people.

Sorry luv but I believe Trumps address to the nation was all about fear. Still I see his point and also that of the democrats. Hopefully Trump will stop the shutdown and the democrats will negotiate.

27 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

The chances of them coming over the southern border are minimal. 

When literally thousands of individuals are coming into the country without documentation, how can you be so sure that Hizballah or Iranian fighters aren't slipping in?  You can't.  The terror aspect may be the least dangerous part of uncontrolled migration.  This is the perspective of the Left that I truly cannot understand.  It actually seems like an act of spite rather than love of country.  To refuse to even make a real attempt to secure this border is to de-facto be in favor of unlimited, uncontrolled migration.  This nation is about 22 Trillion in debt.  Encouraging hundreds of thousands and eventually, millions of non-citizens to come in and demand benefits and work AND the vote will so weaken this country that we won't survive.  The party leaders, D's and R's aren't fools.  They can read the writing on the wall so who, exactly is calling this tune and who will benefit from an America in depression and civil disorder?  

35 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

But we are not dealing with suicide bombers coming across to blow up buses or schools in El Paso or San Diego. 

I believe that the only reason we aren't having this occur, yet, is because the Cartels know it would bring a huge loss of business.  If we ever got serious about stopping their product from entry, we'd be in a border war in a short time.

36 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

On one issue a wall will serve.  It will reduce the number of people crossing the border as individuals or families seeking work; not part of a well funded cartel or terrorist organization with better options than crossing the desert on foot.  Not all  people are  convinced that a wall is the only way to do that.

The Cartel "workers" are transitory.  The majority of those who are coming and staying are those families and individuals.  The numbers continue to mount and for everyone that is skilled or might be a benefit to our economy, they bring several dependents with them that need housing, food, education and healthcare that they cannot afford.  I'm all for compassion but when it is taken to the extent that we now have caravans of thousands of people coming north and demanding entry, something serious has to be done.  

1 minute ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Trump hit the nail on the head when he said, that prior to his election, many leading dems were for a fence or a wall.

After Trump became prez... Well, you know the rest.

The man could cure cancer and they'd raise hell that he was causing unemployment in the medical field.  They've become ridiculous caricatures.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Sorry luv but I believe Trumps address to the nation was all about fear.

I don’t think so.  It was an informative speech laying out what the problem was and what action is required to solve it.  It actually seemed like a warmup to the SOTU.

Still I see his point and also that of the democrats. Hopefully Trump will stop the shutdown and the democrats will negotiate.

I see the Progs side of it and it is phony.  Somehow when Progs negotiate, it never seems to really be compromise.  They get what they want and that’s it.  In this case, when Trump gets the Wall then discussion about opening the government can commence.  It’s all in the Progs hands.  What I think will happen is that the Progs will begin impeachment hearings and Trump will declare a national emergency.

Just now, Captain Risky said:

Sorry luv but I believe Trumps address to the nation was all about fear. Still I see his point and also that of the democrats. Hopefully Trump will stop the shutdown and the democrats will negotiate.

what you believe sitting in Australia does not matter much, his address was to AMERICAN public, and we are not scared, he is correct on the issue. and prior to his election every president said same thing, that should tell you a lot actually, but i know it wont even register with you

Nice thread / topic, it gets rolling FUNNY like the second video or post onward.  

I like the hurd`em up move`em out Raw HIDE guy myself as his crew kind of thought about what and how he was going to address things ahead of time. [the Texan, he was on that evening too!] Well that was my take.  Did anyone catch that Zoo wall bit eh?! surprised that didn't' get into the speech HA! Laterzzz I so look forward to exceptionally edifying reads in here this evening WOOOOOHOO! GREAT THREAD!

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Ah, so they had American kids that were receiving food stamps.  Nah, she is a Brazilian/Italian dual citizen and her American husband makes way too much money for her to get food stamps.

what is the difference if the kids are American or not...?  Many pregnant hispanic women come here just so they can have their baby be a citizen....and get the Card. 

So basically you said that was a lie, but it is the truth pure and simple. Inarguable truth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joc said:

what is the difference if the kids are American or not...?  Many pregnant hispanic women come here just so they can have their baby be a citizen....and get the Card. 

So basically you said that was a lie, but it is the truth pure and simple. Inarguable truth.

Americans get welfare.  You are complaining about Americans getting welfare because you don't like their moms and the way our laws and Constitution work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aquila King said:

So some YouTuber presents anecdotal accounts while parroting right-wing talking points and that somehow accounts for ALL people on government assistance? :huh:

I call BS.

'Welfare makes people lazy' - DEBUNKED

Welfare does make people lazy...there is nothing to debunk...as humans we are internally hardwired to do what is necessary to survive...if there is not a necessity to work...there is no drive to do so...it's human nature.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

Americans get welfare.  You are complaining about Americans getting welfare because you don't like their moms and the way our laws and Constitution work.

No...I am saying that if Americans are getting welfare...it should be because they are Americans.  People crossing our border with little babies in their bellies, having their little babies in American hospital for the express purpose of making those babies American citizens that will qualify them for welfare is a scam.  

• Like 5

4 hours ago, and then said:

The wall is a symbol.  Most of his supporters realize that.  It is tangible proof that action is being taken to improve border security.  Obviously, neither party is really interested in stopping the flow or even in slowing it significantly.  If they were, a simple law that would criminalize the hiring of non-citizens and deny them any benefits beyond emergency healthcare would take care of 80+ % of this problem.  They come here for jobs - and welfare.  Remove the incentive and the problem mostly will go away.  

Well Friedman said illegal immigration was good for USA. Reagan, a bit of Friedman fanboy, was in favour of permits and taxation of a criss border workforce.

I do wonder if a physical and symbolic wall could be a tourist attraction. There's another revenue stream.

Edited by Golden Duck

3 hours ago, Aquila King said:

Seriously man. I mean, how dare we give hungry people who can't afford food something to eat. That's such an atrocity. :rolleyes:

Fine!  Open the door to your house and invite the homeless  to come in and raid your refrigerator.  How dare you not let them into your house.  You should let them sleep in the master bedroom as well and keep the sofa open so they can watch your TV. Now, shut up and go to work...you know you are going to have to go make some money because before you know it 150 homeless people are going to be expecting you to bring them back dinner and beer...and they are going to be p***ed if you don't....now...out the door you...go make some money and feed all those homeless people in your living room! 

• Like 2