Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

President Trump Addresses the Nation [VIDEO]

acidhead

4 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Well Friedman said illegal immigration was good for USA. Reagan, a bit of Friedman fanboy, was in favour of permits and taxation of a criss border workforce.

Friedman also didn’t believe that illegals should receive public aid.  Very much the way it used to be.  I would be for either strategy, however, having illegals here make it all too easy for politicians to give them handouts.

I do wonder if a physical and symbolic wall could be a tourist attraction. There's another revenue stream.

Of course.  For both countries.  I could see resort towns popup along the wall.  Come test your skill at stealth border crossing, etc.  Have a zip line from the top of the wall.  Have graffiti contests.  Have your photo taken with a border agent. …

1 minute ago, RavenHawk said:

Friedman also didn’t believe that illegals should receive public aid.  Very much the way it used to be.  I would be for either strategy, however, having illegals here make it all too easy for politicians to give them handouts.

Well that's an example of why Friedman was so critical of government spending money on anything. 

1 minute ago, RavenHawk said:

Of course.  For both countries.  I could see resort towns popup along the wall.  Come test your skill at stealth border crossing, etc.  Have a zip line from the top of the wall.  Have graffiti contests.  Have your photo taken with a border agent. …

Your sarcasm not withstanding, it is a fact The Great Wall of Trump has generated a lot of interest, or controversy.  People will go just to see it.

Why hasn't there been any talk of entering a PPP and introducing a cross-border toll?

5 hours ago, and then said:

The wall is a symbol.  Most of his supporters realize that.  It is tangible proof that action is being taken to improve border security. 

I disagree.  The Wall is a physical entity, occupying space on the Southern Border...standing there...all alone...because no one dares attempt to circumvent it.  A daunting, ever present, in your face, Physical Wall that says...NO...you may not cross here....for hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of miles.  

So, now, here is a thought...all those migrants wanting in...no...they cannot come in...but they can stay and help build the wall.

11 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

He said 90% of drugs come over the border?

Yeah he just conveniently forgot to mention that they come through legal ports of entry. Minor detail

• Like 2

5 hours ago, and then said:

The wall is a symbol.  Most of his supporters realize that.  It is tangible proof that action is being taken to improve border security.  Obviously, neither party is really interested in stopping the flow or even in slowing it significantly.  If they were, a simple law that would criminalize the hiring of non-citizens and deny them any benefits beyond emergency healthcare would take care of 80+ % of this problem.  They come here for jobs - and welfare.  Remove the incentive and the problem mostly will go away.  

5 minutes ago, joc said:

I disagree.  The Wall is a physical entity, occupying space on the Southern Border...standing there...all alone...because no one dares attempt to circumvent it.  A daunting, ever present, in your face, Physical Wall that says...NO...you may not cross here....for hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of miles. 

It's a floor wax *AND* a dessert topping.

So, now, here is a thought...all those migrants wanting in...no...they cannot come in...but they can stay and help build the wall.

Then they can go home and build their own wall to keep Americans out.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Yeah he just conveniently forgot to mention that they come through legal ports of entry. Minor detail

He wasn’t talking about only a wall, but overall border security.  Giving the agents the tools they needed, so it was a minor detail.  If you stop the drugs coming into this country through the Ports of Entry (without the wall), what do you think will happen?

Just now, RavenHawk said:

He wasn’t talking about only a wall, but overall border security. 

First off no he wasnt. He was clearly muddying the waters with  the very loose use of "facts"

Secondly though why would you even think that? He clearly doesnt really care, the democrats are all for paying to improve security at our ports of entry, he simply wont let it happen because his Russian masters want him to continue to sew chaos of his wall

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

Welfare does make people lazy...there is nothing to debunk...as humans we are internally hardwired to do what is necessary to survive...if there is not a necessity to work...there is no drive to do so...it's human nature.

I just linked an article that itself has numerous links to various independent studies that overwhelmingly prove that myth of yours false, but go ahead and ignore it all you want. Lord knows you've already ignored all the other bulls**t Trump has said and done.

57 minutes ago, joc said:

Fine!  Open the door to your house and invite the homeless  to come in and raid your refrigerator.  How dare you not let them into your house.  You should let them sleep in the master bedroom as well and keep the sofa open so they can watch your TV. Now, shut up and go to work...you know you are going to have to go make some money because before you know it 150 homeless people are going to be expecting you to bring them back dinner and beer...and they are going to be p***ed if you don't....now...out the door you...go make some money and feed all those homeless people in your living room! 

:huh: Apparently you completely miss the entire concept of government assistance in general...

I mean one of the main points of government assistance is to avoid private individuals having to do what you just described by insuring that ALL Americans are covered...

You're criticising something that you apparently know nothing about.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/cartel-narco-submarines-2016-9

According to a US Foreign Military Studies Office (FMSO) report on narco submarines citing Drug Enforcement Administration statistics, 80% of drugs smuggled into the US in 2012 came from maritime routes. And 30% of the drugs that arrived in the US by sea were conducted via narco submarines. Like narco tanks, narco submarines show how cartels have mastered do-it-yourself engineering. Even so, around one in four of the vessels are interdicted. US authorities have captured narco subs with as much as 7.5 tons of cocaine onboard.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Man that really makes the argument against a wall. Combine that with what we know about the legal ports of entry and trying to use drugs as a reason to build a wall becomes downright laughable.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/border-issues/2019/01/08/most-hard-drugs-get-smuggled-into-u-s-through-ports-entry/2517586002/

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

the democrats are all for paying to improve security at our ports of entry

NOPE. :P Complete and open borders at all times! We want these wicked brown people criminals in to rape and murder, cause us dems are all mustache twirlin' evil-doers!! :devil:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Trump Walks Out of ‘Waste of Time’ Meeting With Democrats:

“Just left a meeting with Chuck and Nancy, a total waste of time,” Trump tweeted afterward. “I asked what is going to happen in 30 days if I quickly open things up, are you going to approve Border Security which includes a Wall or Steel Barrier? Nancy said, NO. I said bye-bye, nothing else works!”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/democrats-willing-add-border-security-154805273.html

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

pffffffffffftt!- now that was funny ! """" said bye-bye"

comforting-gif-3.gif

it doesn't get any better . . . . poor nancys

Regarding::::

28 minutes ago, aztek said:

Nancy said, NO. I said bye-bye,

Edited by MWoo7

2 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I don’t think so.  It was an informative speech laying out what the problem was and what action is required to solve it.  It actually seemed like a warmup to the SOTU.

I see the Progs side of it and it is phony.  Somehow when Progs negotiate, it never seems to really be compromise.  They get what they want and that’s it.  In this case, when Trump gets the Wall then discussion about opening the government can commence.  It’s all in the Progs hands.  What I think will happen is that the Progs will begin impeachment hearings and Trump will declare a national emergency.

We should start a betting pool for the closest guess of first mention of "Martial law" or "Dictator"  :w00t:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Man that really makes the argument against a wall. Combine that with what we know about the legal ports of entry and trying to use drugs as a reason to build a wall becomes downright laughable.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/border-issues/2019/01/08/most-hard-drugs-get-smuggled-into-u-s-through-ports-entry/2517586002/

Very misleading article, Farmer.   

"But data from his own administration repeatedly show that a rising number of smuggled drugs, especially more potent ones like heroin and cocaine, are increasingly seized at legal ports of entry, which are not impacted by a wall."

They clearly show that SOME drugs come in thru legal ports of entry. Of course.

But they make it sound like ALL or MOST drugs come into America from Mexico this way. Very misleading. 

I'm going to throw the "FAKE NEWS" flag at it.

15 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

First off no he wasnt. He was clearly muddying the waters with  the very loose use of "facts"

Quite the opposite.  He was making things very clear by cutting through the mud.  The facts were solid facts.  He wasn’t saying anything new but he was putting it all together.  The facts have been out there for awhile.

Secondly though why would you even think that?

Because that is what it is.

He clearly doesnt really care,

Then you haven’t cared to learn anything about the man.

the democrats are all for paying to improve security at our ports of entry,

That’s not what they want.  They want Walmart greeters at the ports of entry to direct illegals to get help to acquire welfare.  If they were serious about improving security, it would have been done under Obama if not earlier.  If the Progs were serious, they would go to the President and say we’ll give you $25 billion to build up a wall, improve ports of entry, and increase the Coast Guard.

he simply wont let it happen because his Russian masters want him to continue to sew chaos of his wall

If he needs to declare a national emergency, he will get it done.  It amazes me that people are still holding out for something that was never there (collusion).  This is a joke anymore. 

You didn’t even answer my question.

24 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Actually no as it doesn't make an argument against the wall it just shows other avenues of smuggling the cartels are using.

If they are really serious about reducing the amount of illegal drugs coming into the country then all routes have to be curtailed. Those by air, sea, and land. A wall, fence or electronic surveillance would take care of a good percentage of those that come overland, as for the sea they can track nuclear submarines they can track mini-subs and as for the air you'll have to get the CIA out of the drug smuggling business. :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aztek said:

^^ excellent video, exposes those lying d bags. but liberals will still deny it as they do here now. pretty clear who real enemy is

It comes into closer focus by the day.  This nation is at a crossroads.  We can try to find a way to come together for the good of the nation - which means a return to Constitutional values - or we can get prepared for the fight.  The problem I see is that the Dems don't negotiate, they dictate and Trump just isn't having any today ;) 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

I just linked an article that itself has numerous links to various independent studies that overwhelmingly prove that myth of yours false, but go ahead and ignore it all you want. Lord knows you've already ignored all the other bulls**t Trump has said and done.

:huh: Apparently you completely miss the entire concept of government assistance in general...

I mean one of the main points of government assistance is to avoid private individuals having to do what you just described by insuring that ALL Americans are covered...

You're criticising something that you apparently know nothing about.

I know all about it. You know all about it...seriously...there isn't much I don't know all about...and the same is probably true for you.  What is really apparent is that we view it from different perspectives.  You don't get mine and I don't get yours.  Another thing is apparent...there isn't enough money to  insure 300 million people against anything.

Yeah but apparently this makes for some good entertainment ! too. /sarc!  Laterzzzzzzzzz 

Edited by MWoo7
Apparently <<< GOOD WORD THAT ! *echoECHO* ) )

Just now, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Actually no as it doesn't make an argument against the wall it just shows other avenues of smuggling the cartels are using.

If they are really serious about reducing the amount of illegal drugs coming into the country then all routes have to be curtailed. Those by air, sea, and land. A wall, fence or electronic surveillance would take care of a good percentage of those that come overland, as for the sea they can track nuclear submarines they can track mini-subs and as for the air you'll have to get the CIA out of the drug smuggling business. :rolleyes:

sK5Q1G7.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, and then said:

It comes into closer focus by the day.  This nation is at a crossroads.  We can try to find a way to come together for the good of the nation - which means a return to Constitutional values - or we can get prepared for the fight.  The problem I see is that the Dems don't negotiate, they dictate and Trump just isn't having any today ;) 

i would rather rebuild the country with people who respect and love it, than live with those that do not. like i said before history clock is ticking, we are overdue for big changes

Edited by aztek
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

The wall on the Southern border cannot be encircled, end-runned, or by-passed

Gosh, better hope someone doesn't invent some futuristic machine that can move on water. 

Like a boat. 

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, joc said:

He doesn't need to convince people like you...he needs people  who are sitting at home while their bills pile up when they should be at work but aren't because the Democrats had rather see them in anguish then give Trump 5 billion dollars for border security..he needs them screaming at the Democrats...Give him the damn money...wtf...I have BILLS TO PAY!!!!

So... you don't think Trump is proud of the shutdown after all? 

Shame, he seemed so keen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

President Trump wants to protect our country. All the dam democrats want to  is support the drugs lords and all the drugs delivered that come in that kill our children,  a thousand a year have died from heroin :(  I `d paid for more walls!  

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1