Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

President Trump Addresses the Nation [VIDEO]

acidhead

5 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

President Trump wants to protect our country.

:lol:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, toast said:

:lol:

P Trump wants to wall up the areas that most of the drugs are coming from, this also a drug war :(

Edited by docyabut2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Setton said:

Gosh, better hope someone doesn't invent some futuristic machine that can move on water. 

Like a boat. 

What is anyone going to do with a boat on the southern border?  It's desert.  Oh, right, you are thinking the southern border is the Gulf of Mexico...well, that's what you get for being in England sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong.  Get a clue...google something..find out what the hell is going on...and then get back to us...thanks...in the meanwhile...I will not see you in the Bliss Lounge...ta ta...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, aztek said:

Trump Walks Out of ‘Waste of Time’ Meeting With Democrats:

“Just left a meeting with Chuck and Nancy, a total waste of time,” Trump tweeted afterward. “I asked what is going to happen in 30 days if I quickly open things up, are you going to approve Border Security which includes a Wall or Steel Barrier? Nancy said, NO. I said bye-bye, nothing else works!”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/democrats-willing-add-border-security-154805273.html

Good for him. I say gloves off with these jerks. Those two wax figures had nothing substantial to their rebuttal, completely disrespected the office and went where they always go. Let's reopen government while we "continue the debate" on border security. Which means absolutely nothing. Pound sand dirtbags.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, and then said:

When literally thousands of individuals are coming into the country without documentation, how can you be so sure that Hizballah or Iranian fighters aren't slipping in?  You can't.  The terror aspect may be the least dangerous part of uncontrolled migration. 

Bingo.  This is not the top argument for a wall.  Now you do know that since 9/11 we have had cooperation from Mexican authorities and they share every passenger list of flights into Mexico with Homeland security to make sure no body on the no fly list gets into Mexico then heads for the border.  Stop them at the airport in Mexico City.  No matter how much we seem to have, resources are best spent focused where they do the most good: airport security, internal surveillance of suspected terrorists including monitoring internet traffic.  There are 75,000 trucks a day crossing the border and a couple of hundred freight trains.  That is where most of the drug traffic comes in.  If we have agents to spare, then beef up security there and inspect every single truck, rail car and freight container that comes into the US.

3 hours ago, and then said:

It actually seems like an act of spite rather than love of country.  To refuse to even make a real attempt to secure this border is to de-facto be in favor of unlimited, uncontrolled migration. 

It does seem like an act of spite from the Republicans.  Build Trump's wall or nothing.  Bush and Obama put up 700 miles of border barriers of one sort or another.  If President Trump had really been concerned about border safety and not making a Trump show out of it, he could have put up another 700 miles of fence on day 2 of his administration with the 1.5 or so billion that was set aside for it.  We could have barriers, we could have increased border patrol, with drones and cameras and whatever it takes to control a border.

Nobody is in favor of uncontrolled migration.  We just  get this illogical argument from the Trump camp:  if you don't want a wall, you are in favor of uncontrolled migration. How does it follow that if you do not build a wall, you de-facto make no attempt to control the border. It does not follow.

Control the border.  Do it now with what we have.  Put agents where they do the most good and double up the coverage on ports of entry and airports.  Speed up government agencies that do ID verification.  Provide next day service for employers to validate citizenship.  Then come down HARD on any employer that breaks the law and hires an undocumented worker.  Same with all government services.  Verify beyond a shadow of a doubt so that even conservatives will be convinced that no undocumented people are voting, receiving government assistance,  or other wise taking advantage of our system.  I am all for charity too, but not from the federal government.  If honest people can't work or feed their families, they don't come.  Come down hard on every crime.  Track the culprits whether they be citizens or undocumented, try them and sentence them if found guilty.  No deportation of felons until full time is served..

How long ago was Reagan president?  What did he say?  Find a way to give out work permits and let people come in work and pay taxes.  Still true today.  We are better off with people working legally and paying taxes.

I will agree with you on one point, a secure border, whether it be a wall a fence, drone oversight or patrols will keep working people out.   If that is your major goal, then be clear about it.  If your major worry is families of undocumented workers scamming welfare, then say so.  A wall might help that, certainly secure borders would.  We have a right to decide who get into our country and who does not.   I would be willing to trade a wall for an overhaul and improvement of the immigration system, including settling DACA  future.

That won't make you any safer from drug imports, criminals, and terrorists.  They have a lot more money, are a lot more resourceful, tough, and skillful that some guy who wants to wash dishes in a Denny's restaurant and get food stamps for his four kids.  If you are worried about this group as a real danger to our welfare and society, then you need to focus your resources to eliminate these people.  A wall won't do that.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

President Trump wants to protect our country. All the dam democrats want to  is support the drugs lords and all the drugs delivered that come in that kill our children,  a thousand a year have died from heroin :(  I `d paid for more walls!  

bro5p.jpg

• Haha 2

I ve known many young  kids that died from the drugs. One goes to the hospital from heath problems and see so many kids in the hospital be dragged in, its so sad :( are we ever going to end all of this ? it  will help to wall up the drugs coming in :(

2 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

I ve known many young  kids that died from the drugs. One goes to the hospital from heath problems and see so many kids in the hospital be dragged in, its so sad :( are we ever going to end all of this ? it  will help to wall up the drugs coming in :(

Oh quit with the the fake ass crocodile tears. You dont give a damn about the safety and well-being of Americans. If you did, you'd be fighting to end the drug war by replacing prisons with rehab centers. You'd support sensible gun regulation that without kills millions of Americans a year from gun violence. You'd support at least some form of universal health coverage so tens of thousands don't die or go sick due to lack of healthcare coverage. You'd support the ending on nonstop illegal wars overseas that kill thousands of US soldiers for no reason, not counting all the hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians killed in other countries by our own military.

And if you cared, then you wouldn't come back with some bulls**t rationalizations like "we can't afford it" or whatever other nonsense you use to justify all this. If you cared, you wouldn't ignore objective facts in favor of your preset ideology.

You don't care about the lives of Americans. You only care about demonizing the brown skinned people coming here from countries below the southern border. You only want to slander them all as being rapists, drug dealers, and violent thugs; and are using some fake ass 'compassion' to disgustingly justify your own slanderous blind hatred.

I and many other posters have cited source after source, posted link after link, independent reserch center statistics and studies; all overwhelmingly proving that there is no 'crisis' on the southern border. There are even more violent criminals who are native born citizens then there are illegal immigrants.Yet you ignore all of it, and continue to spew out all this bulls**t about how the majority are rapists and criminals and whatnot.

This was never about compassion towards Americans, it's only about racist hatred towards illegals. Thats all it's ever been about, and anyone with half a brain cell can see it.

• Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

a song my kids gave to a friend kid at his funeral  that was over drugged.

Edited by docyabut2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, aztek said:

what you believe sitting in Australia does not matter much, his address was to AMERICAN public, and we are not scared, he is correct on the issue. and prior to his election every president said same thing, that should tell you a lot actually, but i know it wont even register with you

You could t be more wrong if you tried. What happens in your country effects the whole world more so in Australia since our ineffective politicians seem to take inspiration and instruction from yours. I guess you didn’t listen to Trumps speech and all the personal references to violence, hence your post.  I will say this though, every time a wall has been built, generally it Leeds to an inward and fearful period and the reverse of what it was intended... look at the Great Wall... Hadrians Wall...  Berlin Wall... Iron Curtain... Maginot line. I wonder is this the same moment?

15 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Oh quit with the the fake ass crocodile tears. You dont give a damn about the safety and well-being of Americans. If you did, you'd be fighting to end the drug war by replacing prisons with rehab centers. You'd support sensible gun regulation that without kills millions of Americans a year from gun violence. You'd support at least some form of universal health coverage so tens of thousands don't die or go sick due to lack of healthcare coverage. You'd support the ending on nonstop illegal wars overseas that kill thousands of US soldiers for no reason, not counting all the hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians killed in other countries by our own military.

And if you cared, then you wouldn't come back with some bulls**t rationalizations like "we can't afford it" or whatever other nonsense you use to justify all this. If you cared, you wouldn't ignore objective facts in favor of your preset ideology.

You don't care about the lives of Americans. You only care about demonizing the brown skinned people coming here from countries below the southern border. You only want to slander them all as being rapists, drug dealers, and violent thugs; and are using some fake ass 'compassion' to disgustingly justify your own slanderous blind hatred.

I and many other posters have cited source after source, posted link after link, independent reserch center statistics and studies; all overwhelmingly proving that there is no 'crisis' on the southern border. There are even more violent criminals who are native born citizens then there are illegal immigrants.Yet you ignore all of it, and continue to spew out all this bulls**t about how the majority are rapists and criminals and whatnot.

This was never about compassion towards Americans, it's only about racist hatred towards illegals. Thats all it's ever been about, and anyone with half a brain cell can see it.

I am old and  had to deal with drugs that almost destroyed my kids :(I care about all citizens of our country  

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I don’t think so.  It was an informative speech laying out what the problem was and what action is required to solve it.  It actually seemed like a warmup to the SOTU.

Obviously you saw a different speech to the one posted. I saw carefully crafted fearmongering dressed up as an a presidential vote for Trump informercial. Don’t get me wrong, he makes a persuasive argument but only buy using fear as the common denominator.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

I am old and  had to deal with drugs that almost destroyed my kids :(

So have millions of other people who don't go around using that as an excuse to falsely demonize (and in many cases dehumanize) illegal immigrants, who statististically speaking, the majority of which have no connection to the drug problem.

I'm sorry about your kids, but that isn't an excuse for your hatred and bigotry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Almost speechless. No.... actually speechless. The way people can be sucked in to hatred for certain groups based on nothing but soundbite rhetoric will never fail to shock me. 

History will not be on your side.

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

Almost speechless. No.... actually speechless. The way people can be sucked in to hatred for certain groups based on nothing but soundbite rhetoric will never fail to shock me. 

Other than cost, what are the cons to building the wall? No trolling, I’m genuinely curious. It’s just an inanimate structure that spans the width of the country. If the next President chooses to tear it down, so be it. But for right now, what harm will the wall itself cause? Why not just spend the money, build the damn wall and everyone can move the **** on?

Edited by Dark_Grey
Sp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

what are you talking about years ago in the history of our country that kids were ever infected by drugs.not many but so many today :)

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

You could t be more wrong if you tried. What happens in your country effects the whole world more so in Australia since our ineffective politicians seem to take inspiration and instruction from yours. I guess you didn’t listen to Trumps speech and all the personal references to violence, hence your post.  I will say this though, every time a wall has been built, generally it Leeds to an inward and fearful period and the reverse of what it was intended... look at the Great Wall... Hadrians Wall...  Berlin Wall... Iron Curtain... Maginot line. I wonder is this the same moment?

like i said i could not care less about Australia,  and i'm all for securing our borders, building a wall. and keep people who do not belong here out, if you got a problem with it, i could not care less about either, nor i tell you what you need to do in your country. this is my position and there is nothing you can say to change it.,

btw are you implying we are responsible for your country cuz your politicians are ineffective? lamo.  seriously??? do you realize how idiotic it sounds?

Edited by aztek
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

what are you talking about years ago in the history of our country that kids were ever infected by drugs.  

idk either wtf she is babbling about, you bring up valid point about death due to drugs and crime around drugs and she  spews some crap about hate of certain groups. 

and history is always on the side of those who make it,. winners write history.

Edited by aztek
  • Thanks 1

it was said so many kids are now being brain wash by drugs and are dying:(and how do we saved them.

Edited by docyabut2

18 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

I say the same thing about democrats who go around beating up  -and sometimes, killing repubs. Ya, they listen to CNN, hate media central.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Other than cost, what are the cons to building the wall? No trolling, I’m genuinely curious. It’s just an inanimate structure that spans the width of the country. If the next President chooses to tear it down, so be it. But for right now, what harm will the wall itself cause? Why not just spend the money, build the damn wall and everyone can move the **** on?

It doesn't work that way, Grey.

Interested parties will lose business. *That's* what determines - wall or no wall.  "Those people" had the bullseye around Trump from word GO.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

I'd almost be inclined to agree with you there. My primary objection to the wall is simply that it's a pointless endeavor. Doesn't necessarily hurt anyone besides cost, and Lord knows we already throw away 100 times that amount poured into countless other pointless things. So if it would shut you guys up about it then by all means, build your big stupid useless wall. :rolleyes:

Although I have heard a number of other perfectly fair and reasonable objections against it. For instance how it sets an extremely negative foreign policy precedent to erect a massive wall separating us from one of our closest allies. Or how a wall whose sole purpose is to divide people for no reason should not be one of our major national landmarks (which based on what Trump is asking for, thats basically what it would be).

It's basically for nothing and the prime motivation for it is bigotry, so no, I'd definitely prefer not having one. My primary concern is towards all the slanderous bigoted hateful rhetoric geared towards illegal immigrants, not whether or not to build a wall.

39 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Obviously you saw a different speech to the one posted. I saw carefully crafted fearmongering dressed up as an a presidential vote for Trump informercial. Don’t get me wrong, he makes a persuasive argument but only buy using fear as the common denominator.

It's a fearful situation, CR