Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

President Trump Addresses the Nation [VIDEO]

acidhead

32 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Just for fun what party was in power in 2000? And what party was in power from 08-16?

_105114529_border-nc.png

so they busted aka apprehended more during bush, and less during obama, means more got thru during  democrat controled wh than republican.  thanks for proving my point

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Trump does not have back fearmongering and lies  and hope the young ones can see though it all of, the facts that are destroying  kids. a thousand kids dying from the drugs every year

Don't worry, It's not kids dying:  https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicator/opioid-overdose-deaths-by-age-group/?currentTimeframe=0&sortModel={"colId":"Location","sort":"asc"}

All the other age categories beat them.  Even the 55+

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, aztek said:

so they busted aka apprehended more during bush, and less during obama, means more got thru during  democrat controled wh than republican.  thanks for proving my point

Trump is 2017-2018.  He's got the same or small numbers than Obama.  Is he too busy building a wall and letting them all through?  Maybe we should bring Bush back.  He can stop 4x as many without a wall.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Drug Overdoses, Ages 15-24

Number of Deaths, 2015
Drug Overdoses, Ages 15-24 Number of Deaths, 2015
Total Overdose Deaths 5,376
        Female 1,483
        Male 3,893
Alcohol1 102
Cocaine 757
Heroin and other illicit opioids2 3,151
Marijuana There are no reports of teens or young adults dying from an overdose of marijuana alone. But there are many reports of marijuana users seeking treatment in emergency rooms, reporting uncomfortable side effects from consuming high THC levels in smoked marijuana or marijuana edibles.
Prescription Drugs:
      Benzodiazepines (e.g. sedatives) 
      Common Prescription Opioids (pain relievers)3

Synthetic Cannabinoids (K2/Spice)

Deaths have been reported. However, while some state and local governments (and other groups) collect this information, total nationwide numbers are not currently available.

https://teens.drugabuse.gov/drug-facts/drug-overdoses-youth

13 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Based on all available data it would seem our younger generations are smart enough to see through Trump's fearmongering and lies 

The Verdict Is In: The Youth Vote Shaped The Midterm Results

The CBP Deputy Chief says "walls work and the data show it." He also says the request for improving the barrier come from agents in the field.

Barrier enhancements produce results

“I’ve seen [barrier] impacts and its effect on border security,” said Acting Deputy Commissioner Vitiello during a visit to the Laredo Sector. “I believe that it will help us do our work. It will help agents be better prepared and safer.”

For example, Vitiello stated that in 2005 Yuma Sector was “inundated with illegal cross-border incursions.” There were 138,549 illegal alien apprehensions, according to a CBP case study.

From 2006–2007, after adding 29 miles of primary pedestrian wall, 9.1 miles of lighting, 9 miles of all-weather roads, a bridge along the border, and 603 agents, Yuma Sector experienced an 82 percent decrease in illegal entries. In addition, Yuma saw a 95 percent decrease in agent assaults from fiscal year 2007 to fiscal year 2015, the study reports. Also during that time, methamphetamine seizures shot up more than 8,000 percent and heroin 39,554 percent.

https://www.cbp.gov/frontline/border-wall-prototype-designs

The apprehensions seemed to increase in FY17, irrespective of fencing.

U.S. Border Patrol Fiscal Year 2017 Apprehensions and Fencing

Prior to 2018 the wall, fence, or barrier, didn't figure in the strategic plans of the Border Patrol.

I guess the investment in HR has really paid off .  They can now listen to their agents needs and coincidentally fulfill an executive promise.

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/documents/CBP-Vision-Strategy-2020.pdf

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/documents/bp_strategic_plan.pdf

https://www.cbp.gov/frontline/new-way-forward

https://www.cbp.gov/document/publications/holding-line-21st-century-0

• Like 2

Just now, Golden Duck said:

The CBP Deputy Chief says "walls work and the data show it." He also says the request for improving the barrier come from agents in the field.

Cynicism is an evil drug and im afraid when it comes to this administration im simply an addict. The honest truth is im not even opposed to strategic fencing of some sort if its done with environmental concerns in mind but when I see your link what I hear is a lifelong federal employee saying what his boss wants to hear.

6 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

I guess the investment in HR has really paid off .  They can now listen to their agents needs and coincidentally fulfill an executive promise.

Yeah but what kind of agents are left at this point? Thats an honest question and id love an update on the data. If all we have working at CBP are folks ideologically aligned with Trump how trustworthy are their assessments? 

Trump ordered the Border Patrol to hire more agents, but instead, it’s losing them

WASHINGTON — Five days after his inauguration, President Donald Trump ordered the Department of Homeland Security to add 5,000 Border Patrol agents to a staff of roughly 20,000. But instead of gaining agents, the Border Patrol has been losing them.

A Government Accountability Office report last week found that attrition has outstripped improvements in recruiting and hiring.

Rep. Filemon Vela, a Brownsville Democrat, requested the report along with three other representatives and two senators.

The Border Patrol, part of Customs and Border Protection and its parent agency, the Department of Homeland Security, more than doubled its recruitment budget from $432,775 in fiscal year 2015 to $1,019,182 in 2016 and $1,019,940 in 2017. The bolstered recruitment efforts were effective. Applications increased and training sped up.

Improvements cut the average time from a job announcement closing to deployment of an agent from 628 days to 274 days. In the first half of 2018, the Border Patrol hired nearly double the number of agents it brought on over the same period in 2017.

But it wasn’t enough to keep up with departures.

In 2017, the Border Patrol posted a net loss of nearly 400 agents.

That left staffing at almost 7,000 below Trump’s target.

• Like 3

It does appear that the majority of turnover has been at the lower ranks

Scott Luck, a New York native and 32-year veteran of the U.S. Border Patrol, was named the agency’s deputy chief Monday.

Luck served as the acting deputy chief since April 2017 while maintaining the role of chief of the Law Enforcement Operations Directorate at the Border Patrol Headquarters in D.C., a position he held since 2014.

“I am deeply honored for the privilege to serve as deputy chief of the U.S. Border Patrol, and I look forward to supporting the hard working men and women who protect our country,” he said.

Commissioner Kevin McAleenan and Border Patrol Chief Carla Provost made the official announcement just two weeks after Provost’s appointment as the first female head of the Border Patrol.

Luck began official duty May 19, 1986, as a member of Border Patrol Academy Class 195. His first assignment as an agent was at the Douglas Station in the Tucson Sector where he moved up the ranks, ultimately attaining the position of field operations supervisor. In 2000, he was promoted to assistant patrol agent in charge of the Santa Teresa Station in the El Paso Sector.

Luck advanced to assistant chief patrol agent at the Border Patrol Academy in 2003, where he was subsequently promoted to deputy chief patrol agent and finally to chief patrol agent in 2008. During his tenure as academy chief, he was instrumental in training 6,000 new agents in a two-year period and he developed and implemented the second Pre-employment Fitness Test for all prospective agents, considerably reducing attrition at the academy.

In 2011, Luck joined the Senior Executive Service and assumed command of the El Paso Border Patrol Sector as chief patrol agent.

Luck holds a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice from Syracuse University, and is a graduate of the Senior Executive Fellows Program at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University. He is a 2012 graduate of the National Defense University Capstone and a 2015 graduate of the FBI’s National Executive Institute.

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Facing gridlock, GOP senators seek big immigration deal to end shutdown

Shoot if I were Chuck and Nancy I may have them throw in universal healthcare and student debt relief too :lol:

If you yell "Free tuition" and listen carefully, you'll hear heads explode all over the continent. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Dude even his own propaganda network called him out on his falsehoods

Trump Gets Instant Fact-Check From Fox News' Shepard Smith After Oval Office Speech

His speech was like 9 minutes long :lol:

I actually cringed. :o It's like feeling sympathy for a live varmint in a trap. But short lived.

• Like 2

Forgive me if this has already been posted but the irony is just too delicious to not share :lol:

Never, ever give up. Don’t give up. Don’t allow it to happen. If there’s a concrete wall in front of you, go through it. Go over it. Go around it. But get to the other side of that wall.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

You really believe that dont you? :lol:

Its a gut feeling sorta deal. Between that, the heartburn, gas, and indigestion, you can see how problematic it can be getting a true reading.

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

It does appear that the majority of turnover has been at the lower ranks

Yup, they see the corruption, cronyism farther up the chain, get discouraged and quit. Seems to happen a lot in this administration. Wonder why?

• Like 3

Just now, Hankenhunter said:

Yup, they see the corruption, cronyism farther up the chain, get discouraged and quit. Seems to happen a lot in this administration. Wonder why?

Yeah and with this repeated pattern im always left pondering the motivations of those who rush in to fill the void.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Its a gut feeling sorta deal. Between that, the heartburn, gas, and indigestion, you can see how problematic it can be getting a true reading.

Do not underestimate the President.  He is not trapped, simply cornered.    He has a power that few people understand.  That power is that he will let nothing get in his way.  He will dump on the United States or any portion of ifs people and if need be ,all the people in it  to get his way, save his precious ego,  or in the end to save himself and his family.  The rich hate to look like fools in front of the common people. Few patriotic people would even believe a US citizen could contemplate such actions, but our president thinks outside the box, he does.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

Do not underestimate the President.  He is not trapped, simply cornered.    He has a power that few people understand.  That power is that he will let nothing get in his way.  He will dump on the United States or any portion of ifs people and if need be ,all the people in it  to get his way, save his precious ego,  or in the end to save himself and his family.  The rich hate to look like fools in front of the common people. Few patriotic people would even believe a US citizen could contemplate such actions, but our president thinks outside the box, he does.

Whats really disheartening is that IMO what you just posted is the best case scenario.....

4 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Man I wonder how VP Pense stayed awake.

Drugs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, toast said:

Drugs.

Hope those drugs didn’t get to the United states from the Mexican border.

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

See I honestly cant take any of them seriously when they cry about the damage drugs do.

If they were really serious about the "drug problem" at all they would legalize them and treat it as a health issue rather than using it as a campaign issue while fattening their friends pockets

Drugs are not a health issue they're a choice issue and should be handled as such. Legalizing drugs isn't going to be the answer because most of the drugs are just too damaging to society not just the user.

5 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Youre right rather rude of me. If the legal ports of entry are blocked they'll go elsewhere. Most likely they'll tunnel under the wall, to which you will say "We'll have seismic sensors" to which ill say "if there are seismic sensors whats the need to spend 5 bil on a wall?"

With Darpa's 'Transparent Earth,' Underground Doesn't Mean Out of Sight

https://www.wired.com/2010/02/darpas-plan-for-world-domination-map-entire-planets-underground/

This technology that was developed by Darpa was delivered to the Air Force in 2015 and it can visualize down to 5km.

So maybe Darpa wants to protect civilian populations from the ravages of natural disasters. But those same tools could be used for military purposes against enemies, suspects one unnamed geoscientist. "All of my 'science is good!' tree-hugging comments aside, what this program is probably really about is detecting, targeting, and destroying hard and buried underground facility (UGF) targets," he said.

Whatever Darpa's intention, they want their transparent earth sooner rather than later: The agency anticipates that the new 3-D models will be available to the Army, Air Force, special operations and intelligence agencies by 2015.

Tunnels shouldn't be an issue as far as drug smuggling.

Edited by Buzz_Light_Year
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Drugs are not a health issue they're a choice issue and should be handled as such.

Initial drug use is a choice, drug addiction however is not a choice, thats just science amigo.

Legalizing drugs isn't going to be the answer because most of the drugs are just too damaging to society not just the user.

We have plenty of evidence to suggest that dealing with drug addiction as a public health issue decreases use , dependency and overdoses.  Portugal for instance took that approach and has had massive success. Heck here in America we now have hard data showing that even just legalizing marijuana has a major impact on overdose deaths. Legalizing Marijuana Decreases Fatal Opiate Overdoses, Study Shows

I just cant take anyone seriously when discussing cartels or MS-13 when they refuse to take away their revenue stream.

• Like 1

With Darpa's 'Transparent Earth,' Underground Doesn't Mean Out of Sight

https://www.wired.com/2010/02/darpas-plan-for-world-domination-map-entire-planets-underground/

This technology that was developed by Darpa was delivered to the Air Force in 2015 and it can visualize down to 5km.

Tunnels shouldn't be an issue as far as drug smuggling.

I think you missed my point but youre kinda making it for me.

With all the technology that is available, and that will need to be deployed to back up the wall, there really isnt a need for a wall.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, joc said:

What is anyone going to do with a boat on the southern border?  It's desert.  Oh, right, you are thinking the southern border is the Gulf of Mexico...well, that's what you get for being in England sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong.  Get a clue...google something..find out what the hell is going on...and then get back to us...thanks...in the meanwhile...I will not see you in the Bliss Lounge...ta ta...

So your southern border doesn't reach the coast? 

I know the stereotype is that Americans are terrible at geography but what exactly do you think would be at either end of the wall? A pot of gold? 

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I think you missed my point but youre kinda making it for me.

With all the technology that is available, and that will need to be deployed to back up the wall, there really isnt a need for a wall.

Without a wall there isn't any real need for a tunnel is there? Stopping the flow of illegal narcotics has to be a multi-faceted approach or it will fail. Yes they already have tunnels and why? Because of the existing wall/fence. You have to stop the overland and underground routes and then you can concentrate on sea and air routes.

The economic drain that illegal drugs and illegal immigrants are putting on the U. S. has to be stopped. No I don't want to hear that illegals do the work Americans won't do because that is just BS.