Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

President Trump Addresses the Nation [VIDEO]

acidhead

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

Possibly, though Obama had already approved funds and the Clintons had called for a border wall in the past. The media made this a "right wing" issue, not the elected officials.

yep, and MSM did a great job feeding those lies to  racists all over the world, i think it actually created quite a few racists,

Edited by aztek

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

yep, and MSM did a great job feeding those lies to  racists all over the world, i think it actually created quite a few racists,

Yeah, it's AMAZING how they managed to just target Racists. Or new racists. Or whatever. 

Because - of course - the ONLY motivation for creating a border security wall is racism, isn't it ? What other motive could their POSSIBLY be ? :D 

Edited by RoofGardener

Just now, RoofGardener said:

Yeah, it's AMAZING how they managed to just target Racists. Or new racists. Or whatever. 

Because - of course - the ONLY motivation for creating a border security wall is racism, isn't it ? 

it sure seems that way if you read some people here.  "omg , they wanna keep brown people out"

they did not target anyone anymore than garbage targets flys, they just brought out what people had in them all along.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

it sure seems that way of you read some people here.

they did not target anyone anymore than garbage targets flys, they just brought out what people had in them all along.

Yeah.... but they where BLACK fly's. It's RACIST I tell you !!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

If you yell "Free tuition" and listen carefully, you'll hear heads explode all over the continent. 

To churn out more workers with marketable skills, an increasing number of states are offering residents free tuition to community colleges and technical schools.

The move also is a reaction to fast-rising tuition costs — increases that stem, in part, from states reducing their financial support of public colleges and universities.

Morley Winograd, president of the Campaign for Free College Tuition, a Seattle-based nonprofit, described the movement as “the fastest-growing policy idea in the country” — one with bipartisan support.

“Everybody’s got cheap dirt — but do you have skilled workers?” Winograd said. “That’s the question states face as they recruit new industry.”

But the free tuition push hasn’t produced an economic bonanza for any of the pioneering cities—at least not yet — and some states have struggled to come up with the money to keep their end of the bargain.

The free tuition trend began in 2005 in Kalamazoo, Michigan, which launched a privately funded effort to combat its economic decline. The movement has quickly spread: Today roughly 200 localities offer young residents free tuition to local community colleges and technical schools.

In the past two years, 12 states have enacted legislation to join them. The state rush to offer free tuition began with Tennessee in 2015, but other states quickly followed. Arkansas, Hawaii, Indiana, Kentucky, Minnesota, New York, Oregon and Rhode Island have started programs, and Nevada plans to launch one this year. California and Montana last year enacted legislation to create programs but have yet to appropriate funds.

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/blogs/stateline/2018/01/05/why-free-college-tuition-is-spreading-from-cities-to-states

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, aztek said:

Wait 10 years. The white males of Gen Z are being berated at school and made to feel "less than" because of their skin color. In trying to stamp out racism through racism, these schools are involuntarily creating a massive white power movement that will erupt down the road. Some of the comments you see online from these youngsters is astonishing. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

Wait 10 years. The white males of Gen Z are being berated at school and made to feel "less than" because of their skin color. In trying to stamp out racism through racism, these schools are involuntarily creating a massive white power movement that will erupt down the road. Some of the comments you see online from these youngsters is astonishing. 

absolutely, and i do not think it's unintended.

3 minutes ago, Michelle said:

The move also is a reaction to fast-rising tuition costs — increases that stem, in part, from states reducing their financial support of public colleges and universities.

That's so ironic. Didn't tuition costs originally sky rocket because the Gov started subsidizing student loans?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

You said a mouthful.  Today's racists are almost as dangerous as any other generation. The sad part is, they truly believe they are fighting racism but what they're really doing is pouring gasoline on the fire and teaching the youth to be racists.

unfortunately it wont affect drugs much, even if wall is 20 feet thick and 100 feet high.  cartels employ ex soviet naval engineers that build them subs, not half submerged fiberglass boats that discarded each time, but real subs that submerge fully, and used many times. 

btw did we have cia plane full of cocaine,20mil worth, iirc crash in FL. how many fly and transport drugs and do not crash? at best we'll stop small time runners, which are not really designed to bring drugs but to divert attention.

the only way to fix it somehow is to legalize and regulate.

1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

That's so ironic. Didn't tuition costs originally sky rocket because the Gov started subsidizing student loans?

Yes, exactly. The states knew that students could get loans so they jacked up tuition costs.  High tuition costs in state universities is the states fault, but yes, predicated on actions by the feds.

I think the same thing of government tampering with health care costs, too. WHAM. the costs suddenly soared.

12 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Sigh.....yeah another idiot coined a term. Is he also stalking freshmen dem senators? That seems to be all the rage as well.

The term fits and is appropriate.  I am not aware of his antics, they are non-sequitur at this time.  He is an ex SEAL so he was trained to close and destroy the enemy.  And the only other thing I know about him is that he was the target of ridicule from Pete Davidson and then they buried the hatchet.  More likely Dan threaten to snap Pete like a twig.

The reality is the southern border is not a national security crisis

A nation’s borders are always a top security issue.  Our southern border has always been of concern going as far back as the early 19th Century.

in fact its less of a concern than ever before.

It’s perhaps even more so.  We have been lucky so far but it is just a matter of time before the odds catch up.  We can’t keep our heads in the sand much longer.  No one has shown the desire or the ability to defend our border until now and it is a shock to the Establishment.

The reality is illegal immigration is down and has been trending down for a very long time.

Why do you think that if illegal migration is down that nothing bad can come of it?  It only takes a small number to overwhelm or cause significant damage.  Some estimates of illegals is at 10 million (low end) and others have it at 30 million and above.  I’ll settle for 20 million as a conservative estimate.  That is 6% of the population.  It only takes between 4% and 6% to be detrimental to society.  This is why we have immigration limits in the first place.  And What do you think the trend will be when the world sees that our politicians do not have the will to protect the nation’s borders?  Let me ask you consider this mental exercise.  Invoking suspension of disbelief and given that the logistics are doable, let’s say that tomorrow the entire world (all 7 billion) migrate to the United States.  Tell me, what kind of nation would we be?  Now consider that it only takes about 5% of the population to create distress.

The reality is the vast majority of illegal immigrants enter this nation through airports. Facts are stubborn things.

Not contradicting that.  Never did.  The fact is that the border is porous and it allows people that do not belong here to break the law.

I believe that most of what is in this report, I have debunked.  The one thing I can add and mention again, is it points out that there are more that overstay their visa than illegals crossing the border.  OK fine.  If we close the southern border, we will eliminate almost half of all illegals and perhaps the more violent of the two groups.  It also mentions that we also see illegals come through Canada and along our coast.  But these are far fewer, so by closing the southern border, we can free up agents to deal with the smaller problem.

Instead of try to evoke reality, perhaps you should try living in it and not the Prog version of it??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In 2014 even WaPo said their was a border crisis under Obama. The hypocrisy is rampant.

Until now, the politics of immigration have been seen as a no-lose proposition for President Obama and the Democrats. If they could get a comprehensive overhaul passed, they would win. And if Republicans blocked it, the GOP would further alienate crucial Hispanic and moderate voters.

But with the current crisis on the Southwest border, where authorities have apprehended tens of thousands of unaccompanied Central American children since October, that calculus may be shifting.

Republicans and even some Democrats have accused Obama of being insufficiently engaged in a calamity that many say he should have seen coming.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/border-crisis-scrambling-the-politics-of-immigration-policy/2014/07/12/78b6ab16-0920-11e4-8a6a-19355c7e870a_story.html?utm_term=.9852ba1d19b7

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Statistically speaking as in per capita immigrants commit less crime than citizens. Im hoping you are aware that is fact and just playing coy here.

But because they are here, they still commit crime.  Wouldn’t it be proactive to remove the problem and reduce total crime?

Right and as we already discussed any areas with a wall will need technological surveillance which means the wall is unnecessary.

Without a barrier, all the electronic technology isn’t worth a damn.  You need to have both to be effective.  But a wall would be the base of any defense.  Technology is not perfect.  It breaks down.  You need something to cover for that.  Having a wall and men to man it gives you that overlap.

Not building the wall sends a message that the border is open? ........OK , whatever you say chief

And what kind of message do you think it sends?

Oh and yes it is in the hundreds of thousands which is down from millions a decade ago. Somehow our republic survived back then when the fake "crisis" was literally 4 times worse than it is now and yet Trump and his sycophants want us to believe its now a crisis worth shutting down the government over?

If you think that things aren’t as bad now as they were then, just wait.  Like the weather, things change.  Not having the will to close the border is the crisis.  No one until Trump has shown the will to close the border.  Why wait until the crisis is worse to try to close the border?  Do it now when the problem is smaller, then we don’t have to worry about having a bigger crisis down the road.  DOH! 

Comeon man you cant expect normal functioning, non racist,  human beings to take that crap seriously.

I would expect people to want to defend their homes and their culture.  Why are you so pro-open borders?  I thought this was your home too?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, joc said:

To put that in perspective...if you made $100,000 last year...and your wife said...honey,  I need $100 to pay the security people.  And you say...No way babe! And she says, okay, all the checks in our account must have both signatures...I'm not signing the check for anything you want to do...not your Golf outings, not your car note, not the mortgage on the house....I want $100 damn it to keep our children safe.  And you say....what?

To be honest, I'd say she's welcome to use her own money. Or are you saying men have to be the breadwinners? 

Couldn't resist. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Michelle said:

In 2014 even WaPo said their was a border crisis under Obama. The hypocrisy is rampant.

Until now, the politics of immigration have been seen as a no-lose proposition for President Obama and the Democrats. If they could get a comprehensive overhaul passed, they would win. And if Republicans blocked it, the GOP would further alienate crucial Hispanic and moderate voters.

But with the current crisis on the Southwest border, where authorities have apprehended tens of thousands of unaccompanied Central American children since October, that calculus may be shifting.

Republicans and even some Democrats have accused Obama of being insufficiently engaged in a calamity that many say he should have seen coming.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/border-crisis-scrambling-the-politics-of-immigration-policy/2014/07/12/78b6ab16-0920-11e4-8a6a-19355c7e870a_story.html?utm_term=.9852ba1d19b7

and they are correct, there was a table posted before on apprehension rates, under Obama it dropped in half compared to bush.

Trump`s at the southern border, trying to get those walls built to stop the drug cartels.  Its a wonder why our people can just all volunteer  to build  those walls, instead of trying to get money to do it from the dam democrats :rolleyes: 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Trump`s at the southern border, trying to get those walls built to stop the drug cartels.  Its a wonder why our people can just all volunteer  to build  those walls, instead of trying to get money to do it from the dam democrats :rolleyes: 

I’m all for that.  Let’s go!  I’ll bring my shovel too.  It’s just about a 3-1/2 hour drive from here.

Just now, docyabut2 said:

have to disagree here, cartels run most drugs either by trucks, trains, subs, or tunnels.  walls will stop hundreds of thousands of average jose' who walk across border. cartels are totally separate issue, it may stop few small time runners, but it wont affect cartels. legalization and in house production will make much bigger difference, but it will affect billions of untraceable dollars, politicians make of drugs and drug war

Edited by aztek

17 hours ago, Aquila King said:

Lol, if you think you upset me personally then think again. :lol: I'd have to actually value your opinion to be offended by it. Your ideology simply disgusts me, and so I find it rather shocking at times, yes, but never personally offended.

I know you'll likely fail to comprehend what I'm saying here, but I was simply mentioning how most other platforms (apart from perhaps gab) have policies against hate speech. Many celebrity careers have been demolished for far less stuff then what's often posted on here, and typically most private organizations want no association with racism or hate speech of any kind. The only reason some sites like Facebook and YouTube allow what they do is simply due to the sheer size of em. Yet here it's for some reason pampered and protected.

Don't get me wrong, UM has every right to do that if they want, they're a private organization. And I'm sure with the overall size of the internet you could find plenty of other obscure sites here or there that a low it. Just saying that typically most sites like this don't give bigots a platform to spew their hate speech. That's all.

You're out of your small mind and I think Saru and most of the mods would beg to differ.

17 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Well he could have been balanced and mentioned the excellent contributions that some illegal immigrants have made. He could have mentioned that a lot of the military men and women are also illegal immigrants serving to gain citizenship etc. Just saying it’s a pity that Trump only has two gears in his political repertoire, forward and fast forward. 

Prop up illegal immigration? Why? That would be very weak reminiscent of Obama. It's America first, Americans first. This is about us.

16 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Statistically speaking as in per capita immigrants commit less crime than citizens. Im hoping you are aware that is fact and just playing coy here.

Crime that shouldn't be here. That's all that matters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bee said:

'' people are saying they look like your parents waiting for you to come home late '' - :lol:

I almost posted this...Too funny!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Aquila King said:

I know you'll likely fail to comprehend what I'm saying here, but I was simply mentioning how most other platforms (apart from perhaps gab) have policies against hate speech. Many celebrity careers have been demolished for far less stuff then what's often posted on here, and typically most private organizations want no association with racism or hate speech of any kind. The only reason some sites like Facebook and YouTube allow what they do is simply due to the sheer size of em. Yet here it's for some reason pampered and protected.

It appears that what is hate speech keeps changing.  What is hate speech for someone may simply be frank talk to others.  But what is revealing is that most people that label something as hate speech does so because they don’t like what others have to say, basically anti free speech as opposed to language being used to harm, hurt or otherwise intimidate someone else.  But I guess for others, the right to free speech is offensive.  Eh comrade?

Edited by RavenHawk
  • Thanks 1