Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

President Trump Addresses the Nation [VIDEO]

acidhead

Why so many think this is a raciest problem?, when there are many legal Mexicans in our country that are for building the walls to.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Why so many think this is a raciest problem?, when there are many legal Mexicans in our country that are for building the walls to.   

If Salma Hayek lookalikes were crossing everyday, it would be.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Well,,docy,  liberals just like to lie and accuse political opponents of being racists. It makes them feel superior, I guess.

The truth is,  one million people a DAY cross the border *legally*.  But I don't hear us american "racists" demanding the border crossings be shut down to stop those brownies from getting in. And you never will. Because we are NOT racists.

You're right. It is NOT a racist problem. It's a liberal problem.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Well,,docy,  liberals just like to lie and accuse political opponents of being racists. It makes them feel superior, I guess.

The truth is,  one million people a DAY cross the border *legally*.  But I don't hear us american "racists" demanding the border crossings be shut down to stop those brownies from getting in. And you never will. Because we are NOT racists.

You're right. It is NOT a racist problem. It's a liberal problem.

http://time.com/5463168/trump-border-mexico/

There ya go.  Now you can say you heard it. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

No, I asked you (in effect) for your personal definition of what 'American culture' is.

Imaginary? :whistle:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Bemoan being $22 Trillion in debt and throw another 5 bill down a rabbit hole. Are there any fiscal conservatives alive anymore?

That, and your adjectives are laughable.

Someone figured it out to be 0.14 percent of the budget. We've spent far more for less. What harm is there in giving it a shot? The idea is to combine a physical wall with technology....what's the beef with that? I really don't understand.

I look at it this way...Pelosi and Schumer have been in Congress for 30 years each...that's 30 years they've had to fix this problem and obviously nothing they've come up with has worked...why not give this a try?

As for tunnels...There is seismic equipment used to pinpoint earthquakes from across the globe....surely there is some kind of earthly sensor or detection equipment that can locate digging. 

7 hours ago, bee said:

the way you frame your 'argument' is deliberately dishonest - IMO

and no I'm not going to go through all your points because they are all born of negative spin and 
sweeping judgements... I know politics is a dirty game but really....... have some decorum  ^_^

It's like if you once remarked that you thought your dentist did a bad job on a filling... then all the
press and Farmer Detractors started screaming ...''he hates dentists and doesn't care if everyone has to live
in pain with bad teeth.... he must have shares in the false teeth industry... then they put a side by side pic of
you and a crying child with toothache... with the headline TROOTH HURTS... 

you know the routine - smear and fear... :ph34r:

I heard this African-American man on talk radio the other day and I thought what he said was interesting. I'll pare it down. He said... "I've listened to Farakan and I agree with some things he's said, but when he starts talking about a magic unicorn that will come down and kill all the whites, he's lost me. I've also researched and listened to David Duke and I agree with many things he's said, but when he talks about all Jews being evil and trying to take over the world, he's lost me. I feel the same way when people talk about Trump. When they say all he does or has done is evil then I dismiss them because you can clearly see good things he's done. They lose all credibility." There was more but that's the gist.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

GOP and Democrats Fully Fund a Border Wall – In Jordan

SEC. 9011. Up to $500,000,000 of funds appropriated by this Act for the Defense Security Cooperation Agency in ‘‘Operation and Maintenance, Defense-Wide’’ may be used to provide assistance to the Government of Jordan to support the armed forces of Jordan and to enhance security along its borders.

For the ‘‘Counter-Islamic State of Iraq and Syria Train and Equip Fund’’, $1,769,000,000, to remain available until September 30, 2019 …

That these funds may be used in such amounts as the Secretary of Defense may determine to enhance the border security of nations adjacent to conflict areas including Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, and Tunisia resulting from actions of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria:

The wall, which began as a $20 million project in 2008 to erect a set of surveillance towers along a 30-mile (50 km) stretch of the border with Syria, has since expanded into a program costing half a billion dollars, according to defense officials who spoke to VICE News. Called the Jordan Border Security Program or JBSP, the wall is ostensibly meant to stop weapons of mass destruction from getting out, but since 2013 has refocused on detecting Islamic State fighters and arms smuggling, as well as refugees, on both sides of the border …

https://www.breitbart.com/immigration/2018/03/22/gop-democrats-fully-fund-border-wall-jordanians/

but but .,.. walls do not work!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

No, I asked you (in effect) for your personal definition of what 'American culture' is.

No you didn’t ask for my personal definition.  But let’s see if I can answer that as simply as possible??  The dictionary definition reads : ”the customs, arts, social institutions, and achievements of a particular nation, people, or other social group.”  But then what makes American culture different than others?  The Constitution is a big thing.  Americans are born and grow up living with this promise.  It creates a mindset that is different than anyone else in the world.  The best way to describe it is represented in Madison’s quote about the Charters of Freedom, “ … charters of liberty have been granted by power[Europe]. … charters of power granted by liberty[America] …  These two basic ideas create opposing ideals.  It molds the sensibilities of the individual.  Local histories also create differences.  They create colloquialisms that the other culture will not understand.  Like in dance, there is the term ‘Twerking’.  It is a dance move originally from New Orleans and later made famous by Miley Cyrus.  It is now a term in the American lexicon.  I’m sure in Germany, they have their own term but if you ask the typical German, they would have no idea.  In soccer, there is a penalty called offsides.  It has a different meaning than in American football.  So in soccer, offsides is when one receives a pass being ahead of all other defenders but the goalie.  This is why soccer will never overtake baseball as the national pastime.  In American culture, the idea would be to get there the firstest with the mostest.  In other words, offsides is the goal.  I have friends that live in Honduras.  In their emails to us, they have nothing but contempt for the culture there.  The cavalierness of the workers there would be a joke here when it would come to being a hard worker.  These are just examples, but anyone interested in immigrating should be ready for an assault on their entire thinking process.  And that is true with moving between one culture and another.  I saw this Italian film called L’Ora Legale.  It’s a comedy but it reveals Italian culture very well in a humorous light.  Even though one can see similarities, it just wouldn’t go here in the states.  Italy has a rich history of film making and I enjoy watching Italian film because it is a portal into Italian and European culture.

Okay, now I'll ask you a different question. Geographically speaking, what is western culture?

Western culture is really a super culture primarily consisting of Europe and the Americas.  And Eastern culture is a super culture comprising everything else and I’m sure you can point out exceptions.

14 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

None. It doesnt send a message at all. Having a wall or not having a wall is only relevant to the 30% of the nation obsessed with the issue.

We know how obsessed the Progs are but only because Trump is driving it.  Before Trump, all the Prog leaders were for it.  But you don’t think not having a wall sends the wrong message to the world?  Hey world! we do not have the will to defend ourselves, come take what you want.  Come drain our treasury…

You really need to stop convincing yourself that anyone who isnt a Trumpian is pro open borders. We have the same goal, just different perspectives on the issue.

You don’t have to be a Trumpian, just an American interested in defending one’s homeland.  You are very unconvincing.  We do not have the same goal.  We’ve always needed a wall of steel and concrete and one of flesh and blood.  I would consider going the other way and have open borders, but then whoever comes here receives no welfare or public aid whatsoever.  If they are here they are here to work.  While here, they must learn English.  Forms and signs will not be printed in multiple languages.  If you can’t make it then go home.  But then this would require a larger police force and people would need to carry arms for protection.  We definitely would need id for voting rights.  But it would seem cheaper and more efficient to just build up a wall and add to it.  And keep limits on legal immigration for purposes of assimilation.

16 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I will say that I came away really impressed with both sides of that dustup. Dan refused to fall for the right wing political correctness and be offended and Pete realized he crossed a line and apologized.

You talk about the “Right’s” propensity for PC?  That is rich.

Of course it is. Its not a crisis however.

I’ve never been happy with the term ‘crisis’.  It’s too much of a distraction for the Progs.  As I said earlier, Congress has been kicking this down the road over political reasons for too long.  It is imperative that the wall gets erected.

That is wholly detached from reality. Its really impressive to see that the same principles of propaganda still work though.

Your comment really makes no sense.  No one has seriously been trying to defend the border.  Just going through the motions.  That is playing with fire.  That is as real as it gets.  It’s just a matter of time.

Again you DO understand that over 60% of all illegal immigrants arrive legally via aircraft right? That a wall is only going to interfere with somewhere around 30% of illegal immigration attempts and when you throw in whats already there any new construction is more accurately going to affect somewhere around 15% of illegal immigration attempts?

Again, do you understand that if we close the border, that 30% (it's closer to 40%. the other areas are negligible) will no longer be a problem and that reduces the over all problem to something more manageable?  Then when we start focusing on other areas of the problem, we’re now covered in the southern border.  We don’t have to worry about the whack-a-mole effect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did you hear of the border cop just saying , there are many people from the Islamic countries with false passports could be terrorists coming in.  I remember  the secretary state  of our country  in Obama`s administration said, they caught  many of them that were planning to blow  up our trains and our country, so dam why cant `nt  the democratics agree to  pay more to build up those walls and check out those criminal  people coming in.

Edited by docyabut2

9 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

But I don't hear us american "racists" demanding the border crossings be shut down to stop those brownies from getting in. And you never will. Because we are NOT racists.

In the article I linked is a tweet from our favorite guy talking about closing the border crossings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

In the article I linked is a tweet from our favorite guy talking about closing the border crossings.

No kidding.  It's not about racism, Grom, it's a reaction to violence.   Why is it you libs see or pretend to see "racism" in everything you disagree with?  

We went to war against Germany in WWII.. Is that because we are "Racist"?? Jeezus, you libs are out of control.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

No kidding.  It's not about racism, Grom, it's a reaction to violence.   Why is it you libs see or pretend to see "racism" in everything you disagree with?  

We went to war against Germany in WWII.. Is that because we are "Racist"?? Jeezus, you libs are out of control.

I didn't saying anything about racism.  I merely pointed out that there are some Americans calling to close the border to Mexico permanently.  Because, you know, closing the border permanently is the natural reaction to refugees throwing rocks.

Edit: autocorrect

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

I didn't saying anything about racism.

You certainly imply it!    Here's how we got to where we are: Aquila said racists want the wall built, or some such sentiment.

I said,   "One million people a day cross the border. I don't see American Racists demanding the border be closed to to keep the brownies out" - to void his statement.

You posted the link with Trump threatening to close the border permanently.  THAT implies it's purely a racist move. That is bull****.  I said Trump's reasons had nothing to do with what we are talking about

And you kept going and going...   Now you're trying to act like you weren't  implying racism is at play with the wall at ALL???

PLEASE stop. Seriously, you're SPINNING Me. 

40 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Get over it  the wars are not about racism.

You might get a different answer if you ask a survivor of a Nazi concentration camp.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

You talk about the “Right’s” propensity for PC?  That is rich.

Oh for sure. Its not reallty meant as an insult just an identifier. The right has their outrage magnets just like the left does.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Did you hear of the border cop just saying , there are many people from the Islamic countries with false passports could be terrorists coming in.  I remember  the secretary state  of our country  in Obama`s administration said, they caught  many of them that were planning to blow  up our trains and our country, so dam why cant `nt  the democratics agree to  pay more to build up those walls and check out those criminal  people coming in.

Please reread what you posted and think long and hard about what may be wrong with it........

If they have passports theyre coming in through legal ports of entry. The wall wont do anything to stop that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Why do you think it is one or the other: either about protecting our border, or racism.?    We can choose how we go about protecting our border and we can make it racist or not depending on how we choose.  If you think you might reduce some of that 40% illegally coming across the southern border, with extended pedestrian and vehicle barriers, you are probably right.  If you focus your manpower and intelligence on the airports and legal ports of entry you stop the  bigger 60%.  If you hire enough agents to search every one of those 75,000 trucks crossing the border legally every day and all 100 or so trains then maybe you stop drugs and contraband. It takes more than a barrier or a wall to do that.   That is border security.  If you think a wall will keep you safe from murderers, rapists, welfare cheats, and cultural pollution, you are probably wrong.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

If you think a wall will keep you safe from murderers, rapists, welfare cheats, and cultural pollution, you are probably wrong.

Howdy, Tat.  People who are criminals in their own country can't get a passport, Tat. Jumping the border is their one hope.

Domestically, you cannot stop all crime, of course. We understand that and live with it. But damm, we have to try.

People who say, "Well, they are going to get into the country anyway so why build a wall", just might as well be saying that we should get rid of law enforcement entirely because people will commit crimes no matter what.  That's a recipe for disaster.  We have to try and keep it to a minimum.

There is very good reason why it is illegal to cross the border without the proper paperwork. So if it's a law, then let's have law enforcement do their job as best they can.

Border security workers miss paychecks because of shutdown over border security

Among the roughly 800,000 federal employees who’ve gone without pay in the three weeks since the shutdown began are tens of thousands of Border Patrol agents, Customs and Border Protection officers, immigration judges and Coast Guard crews — the workers on the front lines of the border security problems that the White House and Congress have been fighting over.

That irony is not lost on workers such as Terence Shigg, a Border Patrol agent at a checkpoint in San Clemente. Shigg took on a second job as a private contractor years ago, learning from his mother’s experience raising four kids on her own on a federal salary.

• Like 1