Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

President Trump Addresses the Nation [VIDEO]

acidhead

13 hours ago, skliss said:

I look at it this way...Pelosi and Schumer have been in Congress for 30 years each...that's 30 years they've had to fix this problem and obviously nothing they've come up with has worked...why not give this a try?

In 2001, 1.2 million people were caught crossing the border illegally.  Today, it's less than 400,00 annually.  The use of TECHNOLOGY is a big part of that.  Not a barrier that can be scaled or dug under, or cut.  Democrats are all for using technology, and hiring more border patrol.  They pledged 1.3 billion towards LEGITIMATE options.  What kind of idiot thinks a wall can be built along the border?  You gonna take the land away from the farmers that use the Rio Grande river?  So much for smaller government, huh?  I would consider a 66% cut in illegal border crossings working, wouldn't you?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

I would consider a 66% cut in illegal border crossings working, wouldn't you?

Its the wholesale dismissal of facts like that which make it really really hard to not see this entire exercise as nothing more than an attempt to make America white again.

• Like 2

So ive been saying that im starting to think Trump's true goal in all of this is chaos and his latest doesnt help change that impression at all

Trump on declaring national emergency: 'Not going to do it so fast'

President Trump on Friday said he will hold off on declaring a national emergency to circumvent Congress and begin building his long-promised border wall, at least for the time being.

The president’s decision to pull back from his threat to declare an emergency indicates the White House is bracing for the partial government shutdown over the wall, now in its 21st day, to drag on.

Trump told reporters at the White House that he has the authority to make an emergency declaration to jump-start wall construction, but said, “I’m not going to do it so fast.”

Of course his isnt going to declar an emergenct "so fast" , doing so would open the government.  If he just waits a while longer CBP, USCG, TSA and FAA will all start to see massive defections and 38 million households wont receive their foodstamps. THAT is truly causing chaos that Putin would be proud of.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 2

Buffett son spends millions to boost border security in rural Arizona, report says

Howard Buffett, Warren’s oldest son, has become a crusader at the border, using his organizations and wealth to boost security efforts of local authorities and volunteer groups, according to a recent report.

While his interest in border security may seem odd, a closer look at the 64-year-old billionaire and philanthropist reveals he’s no stranger to the issue. Buffett owns a ranch in Cochise County, Arizona, that sits just 300 yards from the U.S.-Mexico border.

cont...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/buffett-son-spends-millions-to-boost-border-security-in-rural-arizona-report-says

A different local take...

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/howard-buffetts-warren-buffet-son-border-war-cochise-county-11103225

People will have to research on their own if they want to expand their horizons further.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Buffett son spends millions to boost border security in rural Arizona, report says

Howard Buffett, Warren’s oldest son, has become a crusader at the border, using his organizations and wealth to boost security efforts of local authorities and volunteer groups, according to a recent report.

While his interest in border security may seem odd, a closer look at the 64-year-old billionaire and philanthropist reveals he’s no stranger to the issue. Buffett owns a ranch in Cochise County, Arizona, that sits just 300 yards from the U.S.-Mexico border.

cont...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/buffett-son-spends-millions-to-boost-border-security-in-rural-arizona-report-says

A different local take...

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/howard-buffetts-warren-buffet-son-border-war-cochise-county-11103225

People will have to research on their own if they want to expand their horizons further.

See, he's doing it the smart way.  He put his money into effective things and not a pointless wall.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

See, he's doing it the smart way.  He put his money into effective things and not a pointless wall.

It's not his property and he acknowledges there is a problem that needs to be fixed.

You be a fast reader, ain't ya?  :P

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

and unlike that other alleged "billionaire" he's actually putting his own resources into it

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Michelle said:

It's not his property and he acknowledges there is a problem that needs to be fixed.

You be a fast reader, ain't ya?  :P

Yup. 

Rebuild and expand the county’s law-enforcement communications infrastructure, with some of that infrastructure being installed on private property owned by Buffett.
• Renovate at least one jail.
• Erect a law-enforcement training complex and shooting range.
• Purchase surveillance equipment, at least one drone, troves of weapons, ammunition, vehicles, and at least one BearCat armored assault vehicle.

The foundation has also provided the sheriff’s office with at least three helicopters.

That's the smart way to stop the drug cartels.  He isn't doing anything about the illegal immigrant issue, the wall, or the refugee issue though. 

Edit to add: not so sure about the spraying of defoliant on the border, though.  We should have learned from our use of Agent Orange about health risks and the environment.

Edited by Gromdor
  • Like 2

Brilliant !

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Yup. 

Rebuild and expand the county’s law-enforcement communications infrastructure, with some of that infrastructure being installed on private property owned by Buffett.
• Renovate at least one jail.
• Erect a law-enforcement training complex and shooting range.
• Purchase surveillance equipment, at least one drone, troves of weapons, ammunition, vehicles, and at least one BearCat armored assault vehicle.

The foundation has also provided the sheriff’s office with at least three helicopters.

That's the smart way to stop the drug cartels.  He isn't doing anything about the illegal immigrant issue, the wall, or the refugee issue though. 

Edit to add: not so sure about the spraying of defoliant on the border, though.  We should have learned from our use of Agent Orange about health risks and the environment.

Kinda sounds like he expects a lot of violence and incarcerations on a regular basis.

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

Kinda sounds like he expects a lot of violence and incarcerations on a regular basis.

Well, he is a lot like my friends here in Iowa.  They go out camping with their guns too and pretend to be sheriffs and what not.  (My friends chase after coyotes not drug dealers though)  They have been doing it for years and one of them finally managed to shoot one.  Pretty sure ole' Buffet would poop his pants if he really ran into the cartels out there.  They are just as well equipped as he is if not better.

Heck, in that latest shoot out.  The bodies had bulletproof vests with the gang name printed on them. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jan/10/mexico-21-bodies-clash-between-drug-gangs

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If it's good enough for the Guardian it's good enough for me. :P

2 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Well, he is a lot like my friends here in Iowa.  They go out camping with their guns too and pretend to be sheriffs and what not.

IDK if they still do it today ornot but back in the Sheriff Arapaio days he would form citizen posse's to do door to door immigration raids. I had several coworkers who treated it like they were going on safari when they were invited.

• Like 3

Around here we just have illegals being victimized by black gangs, because they are afraid to report it to the police. Now they are forming their own gangs.

• Like 1

Around here we just have illegals being victimized by black gangs, because they are afraid to report it to the police. Now they are forming their own gangs.

That's how MS-13 started.

• Like 2

Just one of the reasons sanctuary states make sense

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Just one of the reasons sanctuary states make sense

My city is basically a sanctuary city. The police aren't allowed to ask the immigration status of anyone. Doesn't help.

They just aren't stupid enough to announce it to the world.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

aKx7y4Z_460s.jpg

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Howdy, Tat.  People who are criminals in their own country can't get a passport, Tat. Jumping the border is their one hope.

Domestically, you cannot stop all crime, of course. We understand that and live with it. But damm, we have to try.

People who say, "Well, they are going to get into the country anyway so why build a wall", just might as well be saying that we should get rid of law enforcement entirely because people will commit crimes no matter what.  That's a recipe for disaster.  We have to try and keep it to a minimum.

There is very good reason why it is illegal to cross the border without the proper paperwork. So if it's a law, then let's have law enforcement do their job as best they can.

Hi Earl, of course you are right.  I agree with all of that with a small addition.  Criminals have more resources, money, and motivation. Drug dealers, arms smugglers, human traffickers, narcos, will get in through other means.  Dam straight we should do everything we can to stop them, it takes a lot more to catch the really bad guys.  That is what I meant. Now I didn't say not to put up  a wall, or barriers, or whatever you call it, in fact since President Trump says he doesn't care, we could call it the George W Bush , Barrack Obama border barrier.  What I mean is, a wall will not stop the really bad guys or the drug trafficking or any of the worst things that get smuggled in through legal ports of entry.  That takes a lot more.  We should do our best to stop it.

On 10-1-2019 at 2:20 AM, Aquila King said:

Oh quit with the the fake ass crocodile tears. You dont give a damn about the safety and well-being of Americans. If you did, you'd be fighting to end the drug war by replacing prisons with rehab centers. You'd support sensible gun regulation that without kills millions of Americans a year from gun violence. You'd support at least some form of universal health coverage so tens of thousands don't die or go sick due to lack of healthcare coverage. You'd support the ending on nonstop illegal wars overseas that kill thousands of US soldiers for no reason, not counting all the hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians killed in other countries by our own military.

And if you cared, then you wouldn't come back with some bulls**t rationalizations like "we can't afford it" or whatever other nonsense you use to justify all this. If you cared, you wouldn't ignore objective facts in favor of your preset ideology.

You don't care about the lives of Americans. You only care about demonizing the brown skinned people coming here from countries below the southern border. You only want to slander them all as being rapists, drug dealers, and violent thugs; and are using some fake ass 'compassion' to disgustingly justify your own slanderous blind hatred.

I and many other posters have cited source after source, posted link after link, independent reserch center statistics and studies; all overwhelmingly proving that there is no 'crisis' on the southern border. There are even more violent criminals who are native born citizens then there are illegal immigrants.Yet you ignore all of it, and continue to spew out all this bulls**t about how the majority are rapists and criminals and whatnot.

This was never about compassion towards Americans, it's only about racist hatred towards illegals. Thats all it's ever been about, and anyone with half a brain cell can see it.

Well said AK.. :tu:

Irony is, these Trump fans are so fixated on these misprojected threats to themselves as well as their nation, they themselves are in fact constituting one of the gravest threats to their own nation. Its like focussing on a dripping candle while the attic is ablaze. To be lied to so many times - government governed by and for the corporations instead of the people, they have now reached for a lifeline that trumps all the preceeding self centred liars; the quintessential self centred liar Trump, 'The Outsider', the 'Peoples Champion Against the Establishment' (lmfao). You really need to be special to believe that.. especially after being hoodwinked so many times. There are so many levels of irony to be gleaned here its ridiculous, he's a caricature of 'the president', his fans a caricature of 'the citizen'.

Deceit, incessant lies coming from any president, should be seen and treated as treason, full stop. The Iraqi WMD ploy being one of the best examples. As long as lying is seen as normal, let alone penalised, youre pretty much asking for it.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Agent0range said:

In 2001, 1.2 million people were caught crossing the border illegally.  Today, it's less than 400,00 annually.  The use of TECHNOLOGY is a big part of that.  Not a barrier that can be scaled or dug under, or cut.  Democrats are all for using technology, and hiring more border patrol.  They pledged 1.3 billion towards LEGITIMATE options.  What kind of idiot thinks a wall can be built along the border?  You gonna take the land away from the farmers that use the Rio Grande river?  So much for smaller government, huh?  I would consider a 66% cut in illegal border crossings working, wouldn't you?

not 400.00 but  400.000

'Illegal' crossing attempts at the US Southwest border triple in March from a year ago

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/05/crossing-attempts-at-us-southwest-border-triple-in-march-from-year-ago.html

10 hours ago, Agent0range said:

That's over 30,000 a month! Almost 1/2 a million a year. Yeah, I call that a fail. Say a  wall...even 10 ft thick....as a suppose....can run along the current farmers border....the U.S. border. Are they using that land now? Seems like they probably arent. Maybe they could use it for the first time. I've seen interviews with these farmers and the horror stories they tell about the illegals crossing their lands and how they fear for their safety in their own homes. They talk about rapes happening right outside their back doors, etc. I'm sure all their needs will be taken into consideration. And you still have the mistaken idea it's a concrete wall all along from sea to sea, it is not. It's to be put in the most needed areas. Water can go thru a slat that a human cant. Clinging to false narrative spouted by those with an agenda ruins your argument.

30 minutes ago, skliss said:

That's over 30,000 a month! Almost 1/2 a million a year. Yeah, I call that a fail. Say a  wall...even 10 ft thick....as a suppose....can run along the current farmers border....the U.S. border. Are they using that land now? Seems like they probably arent. Maybe they could use it for the first time. I've seen interviews with these farmers and the horror stories they tell about the illegals crossing their lands and how they fear for their safety in their own homes. They talk about rapes happening right outside their back doors, etc. I'm sure all their needs will be taken into consideration. And you still have the mistaken idea it's a concrete wall all along from sea to sea, it is not. It's to be put in the most needed areas. Water can go thru a slat that a human cant. Clinging to false narrative spouted by those with an agenda ruins your argument.

Suuure...I'm glad you provided links to support your rhetoric.

McAllen Mayor Jim Darling said the impression that the region is under siege is wrong, and the area saw far higher numbers of migrants coming across in 2014 than it has in recent months.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/10/trump-visits-border-mcallen-residents-ask-what-crisis/2535007002/

"You could give me a trillion dollars and I wouldn't take it,'' said Cavazos, whose land sits along the Rio Grande, the river separating the U.S. and Mexico in Texas. "It's not about money.'' 

Legal experts say Trump likely cannot waive eminent domain — which requires the government to demonstrate a public use for the land and provide landowners with compensation — by declaring a national emergency. 

https://www.voanews.com/a/texas-landowners-dig-in-to-fight-trump-s-border-wall-/4736231.html

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

"You could give me a trillion dollars and I wouldn't take it,'' said Cavazos, whose land sits along the Rio Grande, the river separating the U.S. and Mexico in Texas. "It's not about money.'' 

Yeah...and that is exactly why we have Eminent Domain Laws

I didn't know links were a required part of posting. Some ranchers were people I saw interviewed over the years on different shows ranging from talk shows to 60 mins and 20/20 types. 

Here's one...all you really have to do is Google

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/45440385/ns/nbc_nightly_news_with_brian_williams/t/along-mexican-border-us-ranchers-say-they-live-fear/#.XDoOBBJOlxC

Another: "On Lowell’s ranch, cowhand Reed Thwaits maneuvers a Jeep over steep, rutted roads until he finally reaches a cattle tank and a giant mesquite. 

This, he explains softly, is a so-called “rape tree.” It was once adorned with women’s bras and underwear. Coyotes would sexually assault some of the female migrants who hired them, leaving undergarments in the branches as trophies.

Amnesty International and other groups have concluded, based on interviews with migrants and health workers, that of female Central American migrants headed to the U.S., 60 percent or more are sexually assaulted."

https://www.usatoday.com/border-wall/story/us-ranchers-deal-with-migrants-border-crossers-mexico/559702001/

Another: ""Last Thanksgiving, we had a very pregnant woman knock on my daughter-in-law's door. She'd been left behind by the smuggler," Cage says. "We helped another woman – all she had was a T-shirt wrapped around her like a skirt. She'd been raped in the brush. And we had a baby born on the ranch. When you see a pregnant woman or a lost 14-year-old, your first instinct is to help. I may be a conservative, but I'm a human being, too."

"Migrants aren't the only traffic Cage sees on his ranch. "A few months ago we were building a fence and saw a bunch of dopers drop 250lbs of marijuana," he says. Some of the drug smugglers are migrants coerced by the cartels into carrying backpacks of marijuana, while others are members of the Gulf Cartel, which runs the Mexican side of the border in that region. In the past, Cage says, the ranch had always felt like a refuge for his family. There was no need even for locked doors. But last Christmas he gave his wife, Stephanie, a pistol because she no longer felt safe on her daily walks. "I never carried a gun in my life," she says. "But now I do. The other day I was walking the dogs on our private roadway and saw a Border Patrol helicopter flying overhead and suddenly a car came speeding toward me. I was five miles from nowhere on our property, and I'm in the middle of a raid."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2014/aug/13/-sp-border-crisis-texas-ranchers-brooks-county-smugglers-deaths