Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

New TV drama explores Project Blue Book

Seti42

Interesting series idea...I am about to watch episode one.
Oh, for all those (like me) who don't pay for cable, you can watch this for free on the History channel's website. There are commercials, but so what?

• Thanks 1

Leo Krupe

I wonder if it'll be better than the previous version (although that one had the late, great Edward Winter, who made everything better--he might best be known as Col. Flagg on MASH).

Mystify

So is this an attempt to drip feed us by the US? Maybe a way to tell the truth without admitting it directly? Would be interesting to see who the real $$ backers to this series are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Earl.Of.Trumps

Clearly, they will try to  milk this to make as much $$$ as they can so watch out for "misinformation". But I see them as ripping apart Project Bluebook for being an organization that was *publicly* trying to gloss over every UFO sighting reported, - all the while, posing as an org that is sincerely "looking into matters" because Big Gov cares about our needs.

In other words, Project Bluebook was a propaganda machine.

• Haha 1

travelnjones

It is a drama with incidents inspiring the episodes from the look of things.  Even had a cigar smoking man at the end of the episode.  Not bad really.

• Like 1

Earl.Of.Trumps
2 hours ago, travelnjones said:

It is a drama with incidents inspiring the episodes from the look of things.  Even had a cigar smoking man at the end of the episode.  Not bad really.

It's on already?  wow.  thanks

Farmer77

I was pleasantly surprised.

• Thanks 1

Sir Wearer of Hats

Starring Aiden “Guess my accent this week” Gillen.

• Haha 1

cathya

Not what I expected...seems a bit to contrived like all made for TV shows.

Scudbuster

As I understand it, they were just a window dressing front to the public, any real, hard to explain cases were just funneled along to the powers to be. 

Erno86

History Channel's debut of "Project Blue Book" on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-4KEiikLmQ

Edited by Erno86

The Skeptic Eric Raven

I really enjoyed this show. They did a really good job on it. :) 

Anna101

It doesn't look like there's much humour to it. Seriously, X Files was brilliantly HILARIOUS and intelligent at the same time. I just like that combo. Gosh, it's like, what is the point of watching TV if everything could be true? Kind of makes the viewer a participant methinks...

Anyhow, I hope it's funny. Thanks for the reviews. I'll look out for it but there's a 87% chance I won't find it funny enough I think just from the synopsis x

Earl.Of.Trumps

Welcome in, @Anna101

• Like 1

DanL

It started off slow as the itch!! Then it slowed down some more. It was predictable and honestly I changed channels about a third of the way through. I had such high hopes but alas it was a rather pale version of the later episodes of the X files round one. I may try it again after it runs a little while and see if it picks up.

Edited by DanL

curiouse

I’m looking forward to this. As I said in a earlier post. It will be fascinating to see the story’s that I have read about over many years... PROJECT BLUE BOOK Looks great.

• Like 1

curiouse
On 12/01/2019 at 6:47 AM, Erno86 said:

History Channel's debut of "Project Blue Book" on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-4KEiikLmQ

Your post link didn’t load

skliss

So far,  so good. I do like that they have a bit at the end where they put the real info the show was based on, but I wish it gave a little more.  I want to know what actually happened versus the dramatization. 

Hawken

I have to turn up the volume to hear it. Just like Batman they talk in low whispers. Then when a commercial comes on I get blasted out of the chair.

• Like 1

Farmer77
2 minutes ago, Hawken said:

I have to turn up the volume to hear it. Just like Batman they talk in low whispers. Then when a commercial comes on I get blasted out of the chair.

Me too! I have noticed thats not the only History channel show with that problem too.

• Like 1