Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Museum in row over Great Pyramid stone

Still Waters

The Museum of Scotland has been caught up in a row about whether it has permission to exhibit a casing stone from an Egyptian pyramid.

It was announced last week that a block of limestone from the Great Pyramid of Giza was to go on display in Edinburgh.

Egypt's Antiquities Repatriation Department has since cast doubt over its authenticity and documentation.

However, the museum has insisted that a British engineer was given permission to take the stone in 1872.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-46802323

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Go for it I say. What's the worst that can happen? A curse?

I for one would love to see this as there's no way I will be travelling to Egypt anytime soon.

Geez, it's just a stone with whitewash on it. It's not like Egypt hasn't got a million more like it. Chill, dudes dont get your mummys in a sweat.

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, seanjo said:

I've got a brick you can look at for a fiver!

Make it a breezeblock, paint it white and if you live closer to me than a trip to Scotland you've got yourself a deal thumb.gif

(I ain't coming all that way for no common, house building brick) confused2.gif

Egypt should put more effort to the countless looters from their own country that have caused more damage than any others have.

• Like 1