Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

General tournament chat

joc

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I'm sitting at 2 wins, 1 loss currently <_<

I enjoyed our game mate.

1-nil here.

Saru is giving me a good run though. 

Everyone else feel free to  shoot a challenge.

• Like 1

@joc what does having star under your username indicate on RHP?  

how many moves a player has made

5c37cac77beac_chessstars.jpg.8afc597835e7cc8260545c9fa9b25610.jpg

• Thanks 1

Once you've played 6 games you can set an avatar if you want.

9 minutes ago, joc said:

how many moves a player has made

5c37cac77beac_chessstars.jpg.8afc597835e7cc8260545c9fa9b25610.jpg

Oh God, I'm playing a guy with 520,000 moves. He beat me in 9 moves the first game, I'm up to 14 now. So that's an improvement.

• Haha 2

Just now, danydandan said:

Oh God, I'm playing a guy with 520,000 moves. He beat me in 9 moves the first game, I'm up to 14 now. So that's an improvement.

9 moves?  Seriously?   oh this is going to be so much fun.....

3 minutes ago, joc said:

9 moves?  Seriously?   oh this is going to be so much fun.....

Actually he beat me on sixteenth move. Nine was stuck in my head for some reason. 

Edited by danydandan
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

Actually he beat me on sixteenth move. 9 was stuck in my head for some reason. 

right....  You are probably a pool shark of a chess player...just settin' us up to be wiped off the board...

Edited by joc

The star indicates if you are paying subscriber  or not. Paying a few bucks a year allows you to play as many games as you want concurrently as well asjoin tournaments etc.

I played there about 10 years ago after the last UM tournament and had a blast for a few months until the real world took over.

I subscribed again and I hope that I can spend some time working on my chess for a while.

One of the guys I am currently playing has over 2500 games being played concurrently which seems rather ridiculous.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, AtlantisRises said:

One of the guys I am currently playing has over 2500 games being played concurrently which seems rather ridiculous.

How in the blue hell is that person doing that?

2 minutes ago, joc said:

right....  You are probably a pool shark of a chess player...just settin' us up to be wiped off the board...

Literally setting you up to wipe me off the board. That's how good I am.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AtlantisRises said:

The star indicates if you are paying subscriber  or not. Paying a few bucks a year allows you to play as many games as you want concurrently as well asjoin tournaments etc.

I played there about 10 years ago after the last UM tournament and had a blast for a few months until the real world took over.

I subscribed again and I hope that I can spend some time working on my chess for a while.

That's 2495 more than I have going on.  Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang!

How in the blue hell is that person doing that?

I genuinely have no idea. He has a low rating so I guess he prefers quantity over quality.

I am enjoying getting back into the game.

5 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Literally setting you up to wipe me off the board. That's how good I am.

Okay...here is a tip. 

Before you actually make a move...make sure that no one can take your piece...sounds silly, but I don't know how many stupid moves I've made where I just go DOH! the second after I make a move.  Like crossing a busy street...look back and forth a few times.:yes:

Edited by joc

1 hour ago, AtlantisRises said:

I enjoyed our game mate.

1-nil here.

Saru is giving me a good run though. 

Everyone else feel free to  shoot a challenge.

Strange thing, Atlantis, I tried challenging you and it said that you had a self imposed limit of 10 games and could not accept more.

chall me if you like. Earl of Trumps, no periods.

1 minute ago, joc said:

Okay...here is a tip. 

Before you actually make a move...make sure that no one can take your piece...sounds silly, but I don't know how many stupid moves I've made where I just go DOH! the second after I make a move.  Like crossing a busy street...look back and forth a few times.:yes:

Sounds like you are setting up a false sense of security before you perform some incredible sacrifices.

Remember not to sacrifice your king....

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AtlantisRises said:

I genuinely have no idea. He has a low rating so I guess he prefers quantity over quality.

I am enjoying getting back into the game.

I hope he has his email notifications turned off. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Strange thing, Atlantis, I tried challenging you and it said that you had a self imposed limit of 10 games and could not accept more.

chall me if you like. Earl of Trumps, no periods.

Ahh. I see. That was defaulted in my settings. Have got rid of the limit if anyone wants to challenge me and shot you a challenge.

Thankyou for bringing it to my attention.

• Like 1

Carumba!  Do any of my opponents ever sleep, for god's sake? :cry:

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, danydandan said:

I hope he has his email notifications turned off. 

Oh, Father...  I see you have learned  how to use another feature on the RedHotPawn chess board... the "Resign" button.  Yes, Father. This can sometimes be a holy blessing, if you know what I mean

:D  

PS:  Dany, You played the opening like Karsparov.  Then what? OMG!

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

joc, Saru,  what do you think about putting an orange "Chess Tourney Participant"  on all signed up players to get attention and drum up a few more customers

Joc, your orange "Tournament Director" stuck out like a soar thumb. Know what I mean?  just a thought.

14 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Oh, Father...  I see you have learned  how to use another feature on the RedHotPawn chess board... the "Resign" button.  Yes, Father. This can sometimes be a holy blessing, if you know what I mean

:D  

No point in flogging a beaten horse. Or prolonging it's agony so resignation from an unwinnable situation is preferable to torture and offering a draw would be moot. 

Are you playing chess long? 

I see I'm well below the average amount of moves in a game which 40. Has anyone got to a 40 move game?

Edited by danydandan

No point in flogging a beaten horse. Or prolonging it's agony so resignation from an unwinnable situation is preferable to torture and offering a draw would be moot. 

Are you playing chess long? 

yup. since I was about 10.  Haven't played in a long while.  But a lot of this stuff I just rely on memory,reflexes. USed to play a lot of speed chess and correspondence chess

7 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

yup. since I was about 10.  Haven't played in a long while.  But a lot of this stuff I just rely on memory,reflexes. USed to play a lot of speed chess and correspondence chess

Your basically a professional. If I've played 50 games of chess in my lifetime I think I'd be over estimating. 

Can't even get beginner's luck.

Playing chess on speed can't be good for you by the way.

Edited by danydandan

2 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Your basically a professional. If I've played 50 games of chess in my lifetime I think I'd be over estimating. 

Can't even get beginner's luck.

you do quite good for just 50 games, Dany. But it's fun. Not sure if I call my self a pro lol, but I am a life member of United States Chess Federation. Chess was my main thing in life until I met Wifie. I knew that I had to get out of chess when the kids came on board. Really haven't played much since. Last game was about 3,4 years ago.