Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

General tournament chat

joc

I am just thinking out loud here, would people be interested in an on-going chess league? Similar to EFL. The tournament can be like the FA Cup?

@danydandan   jeezus where did you come up with that move?!  you just left the complexity factor at warp 3!  A good move requires a thoughtful response.

A chess league...?  hmmm, not sure that many in here play at a serious level. But who knows

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

@danydandan   jeezus where did you come up with that move?!  you just left the complexity factor at warp 3!  A good move requires a thoughtful response.

A chess league...?  hmmm, not sure that many in here play at a serious level. But who knows

I'm not sure if that's insulting or complementary.lol

It's the only move I could see that would let me keep my Queen for at least another 5-6 moves, without moving it and we need to exchange some captures. 

don't worry, if I want to  move your queen, I can :)

PS: Dany this is what you call a sacrifice. take my knight.. please! take my knight 

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

20 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

PS: Dany this is what you call a sacrifice. take my knight.. please! take my knight 

I think that move is my only viable option. I like me rooks and queen where they are.

21 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Hey...I just fell for that Please take my Knight trick ....Check Mated in 9 moves....phew!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, joc said:

Hey...I just fell for that Please take my Knight trick ....Check Mated in 9 moves....phew!

A quick game is a good game.

• Like 1

Just now, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Somebody's in trouble  :ph34r:

Agreed.... :ph34r:

Am I in trouble?

Why am I asking. Of course I am, playing four games in a week and reading articles on Chess for two days, a chess master makes me not! 

1 minute ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Where did @AtlantisRises  go off to? He's got me good now

I am not very good at pawn endgames so don't be so sure.

Appreciate the resignation but I think you still had at least drawing chances.

Just now, AtlantisRises said:

Appreciate the resignation but I think you still had at least drawing chances.

LOL, no, I don't think so. You had me for sure. I'd have taken my pawn at c4 long ago, but hey, you had all kinds of ways.

1 minute ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

LOL, no, I don't think so. You had me for sure. I'd have taken my pawn at c4 long ago, but hey, you had all kinds of ways.

I had a nice active centralized bishop. 

Your doubled C-Pawns were a positional weakness. Something I could attack any time and it made your bishop more or less useless. 

I knew there was a good chance of heading towards a king and pawn ending if we traded down aggressively and in that situation doubled and isolated pawns become difficult for you to defend.

4 minutes ago, AtlantisRises said:

I had a nice active centralized bishop. 

Your doubled C-Pawns were a positional weakness. Something I could attack any time and it made your bishop more or less useless. 

I knew there was a good chance of heading towards a king and pawn ending if we traded down aggressively and in that situation doubled and isolated pawns become difficult for you to defend.

King pawn ending...? LOL I wish!  you were up a piece 

7 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

King pawn ending...? LOL I wish!  you were up a piece 

True enough. But I haven't played chess in quite a long time and it is good to stick to the principles that I know works at least until I have cleaned some of the rust off. There will be no brilliancy prizes for a little while yet.

11 minutes ago, AtlantisRises said:

True enough. But I haven't played chess in quite a long time and it is good to stick to the principles that I know works at least until I have cleaned some of the rust off. There will be no brilliancy prizes for a little while yet.

We may have time for another, if you want

Just now, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

We may have time for another, if you want

Absolutely. Shoot me a challenge any time you want.:)

Will try to crush you while you are still having fun this time.:P

What the hell @Earl.Of.Trumps I wasn't expecting that move. I'll need to think a bit. 

20 minutes ago, danydandan said:

What the hell @Earl.Of.Trumps I wasn't expecting that move. I'll need to think a bit. 

Take your time!   I conked out real early last night. Just getting up for a while here, likely be back down soon.

PS: as you can see, I figured how to use the "conditional move" feature.  Bravo me, eh? 

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Haha 1