Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

General tournament chat

joc

Am currently match free. Anyone interested please shoot me a game.

• Like 1

We should have a play by play of Atlantis Rises vs Saru.

• Haha 1

That's checkmate @joc!

Good game.

Edit: I should have won that. That's what I get for being single minded. 

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, danydandan said:

That's checkmate @joc!

Good game.

Edit: I should have won that. That's what I get for being single minded. 

Well...you should have seen that move...because...I was sweating all the options if you took my rook with the pawn...seriously sweating!  

Oblivious to the Obvious.   That's been my downfall all along!

7 minutes ago, joc said:

Well...you should have seen that move...because...I was sweating all the options if you took my rook with the pawn...seriously sweating!  

Oblivious to the Obvious.   That's been my downfall all along!

I was too focused on your Queen, completely missed the Rook. Which I only seen before my last move. I was expecting you to pull your Queen back, that didn't happen!

Edited by danydandan
  • Haha 1

I have spaces available if anyone who hasn't beaten me yet wants to try. I've played Joc, Saru, Atlantis, Pettytalk and am currently playing Ozy. Whom ever is left can challenge me when they are able. 

Anybody else in a game with NukeUM? We have two games going at the moment but he hasn't moved in 5 days. In his last post here [p.19, Post #443] he xplained that he had internet connection problems and is also possibly snowed-in. He is in danger of timing out on his games with me. 

Can anyone advise me? Can I put the games on hold? Or refuse a victory on a time out? Or do we start new games all over again when he turns up?

PS: In view of this situation I can accept a new challenge to play from any other tourney competitor who is free and so inclined. Send me a challenge.

Edited by Ozymandias

5 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Anybody else in a game with NukeUM? We have two games going at the moment but he hasn't moved in 5 days. In his last post here [p.19, Post #443] he xplained that he had internet connection problems and is also possibly snowed-in. He is in danger of timing out on his games with me. 

Can anyone advise me? Can I put the games on hold? Or refuse a victory on a time out? Or do we start new games all over again when he turns up?

You can just leave them you have to claim a timeout victory, which you have to instigate. So if you choose to leave them they will not timeout on their own. I think!

Edited by danydandan

4 minutes ago, danydandan said:

You can just leave them you have to claim a timeout victory, which you have to instigate. So if you choose to leave them they will not timeout on their own. I think!

Ah! OK, Dan. I'll just sit tight so until he shows and carry on from where we left off. Thanks. :)

I have had Still Waters queen trapped and closing in on check mate for many moves now.  I was sitting in traffic at a red light...and decided to play on my phone...baaaaa baaaa  baaaaaaaaaad mistake.  I just gave her my queen!  It's all over now...so close...and yet...so, so far...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, joc said:

I have had Still Waters queen trapped and closing in on check mate for many moves now.  I was sitting in traffic at a red light...and decided to play on my phone...baaaaa baaaa  baaaaaaaaaad mistake.  I just gave her my queen!  It's all over now...so close...and yet...so, so far...

Shouldn't be playing on your phone in your car. Lesson learned I hope.

Even at a red light is illegal to touch your phone in Australia.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AtlantisRises said:

Do you guys still have the drive through off licenses?

Used to drive to them p***ed and drive off p***ederer.

29 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Do you guys still have the drive through off licenses?

Used to drive to them p***ed and drive off p***ederer.

Drive through bottle shops? I have no idea what else an off license could be.

1 minute ago, AtlantisRises said:

Drive through bottle shops? I have no idea what else an off license could be.

Yeap. I forgotten you guys call off licenses bottleshops. 

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

Yeap. I forgotten you guys call off licenses bottleshops. 

Yes. We do have them. They are slowly disappearing as the big supermarket bottle shops drive them out however.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AtlantisRises said:

Thankfully, Texas finally passed a law a few years ago that outlawed texting and driving.  It allows for GPS and texting at a red light...which I usually don't do anyway.  I don't even like talking on a phone.  This was a long traffic light...anyway...the lesson is learned...NEVER play chess on my phone.

8 hours ago, joc said:

When I came online this morning I figured today would be the last day of our game. I've been fighting you off for quite a while and knew I couldn't do that for much longer.  You losing your queen like that is a godsend for me, but I know how frustrated you must feel. That was terribly bad luck on your part joc, sorry.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Still Waters said:

When I came online this morning I figured today would be the last day of our game. I've been fighting you off for quite a while and knew I couldn't do that for much longer.  You losing your queen like that is a godsend for me, but I know how frustrated you must feel. That was terribly bad luck on your part joc, sorry.

It is frustrating!  But...you know...life...is a chess game.  Lessons to be learned as AR noted.   Don't take your eyes off of the road...Don't take your eyes off of the board...Never underestimate your opponent...Never overestimate yourself.

Another life lesson...something our Grandfather used to tell us...it takes a lifetime to build a good reputation...it takes 15 seconds to destroy it.  I put a lot of time and effort into keeping your queen trapped!  One stupid move and ....poof...all that gone!  I love chess! :)

• Like 1

I have no games going in the tournament at the moment I haven't played @-Nuke-, @Still Waters or @Liquid Gardens as of yet.

One game left to play with Ozy. 

I'll be busy tomorrow, so on Sunday if anyone's game for a game let me know and I'll send you a challenge.

59 minutes ago, danydandan said:

I have no games going in the tournament at the moment I haven't played @-Nuke-, @Still Waters or @Liquid Gardens as of yet.

One game left to play with Ozy. 

I'll be busy tomorrow, so on Sunday if anyone's game for a game let me know and I'll send you a challenge.

Dan, start our second game anytime. 

17 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Dan, start our second game anytime. 

Are you ok to wait til Sunday? 

1 hour ago, danydandan said:

Are you ok to wait til Sunday? 

Yeah, whenever suits you.

Anybody else want to offer to play?

16 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Yeah, whenever suits you.

Anybody else want to offer to play?

Yep

Just now, joc said:

Yep

set the game up, Joc. You can be white for the first game.

Just now, Ozymandias said:

set the game up, Joc. You can be white for the first game.

okay...doing it now