Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

General tournament chat

joc

9 minutes ago, joc said:

okay...doing it now

Good Luck!  To both of us! :)

@Liquid Gardens I've started a game with you. I chose random colour and you're white.

You go first, good luck :) 

28 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

@Liquid Gardens I've started a game with you. I chose random colour and you're white.

You go first, good luck :) 

Thanks for starting the game Still Waters, good luck to you also!

• Thanks 1

I don't see any activity for NukeUM, is anyone playing him currently? Not that I'm wanting to challenge him at this time. Currently I'm in dire straits with Atlantisrising, and Liquid Gardens is playing much better than in the first round, and I'm just merely holding on to dear life against him, because if I make one wrong move I'll be down one game to him.

40 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

I don't see any activity for NukeUM

Sadly I don't think he'll be participating - he seems to have disappeared.

7 minutes ago, Saru said:

That sucks.

1 minute ago, Saru said:

In thin air? He was nice enough to explain the Sicilian defense to me. Perhaps he is having technical difficulties connecting? Unless you made him disappear?

On another note, as soon as Atlantisrising wins our game, I'll try to get our second game going, so you can get another win under your wizard's hat.

8 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Perhaps he is having technical difficulties connecting?

That was what he said the last time he was on here, however he hasn't been back since.

Unless you made him disappear?

I didn't make him disappear - there's nothing on this end stopping him from logging in and participating.

as soon as Atlantisrising wins our game

I just got thrashed by him as well - given that he's essentially won 71 games in a row on RHP, I think we know who is going to win the tournament.

2 minutes ago, Saru said:

just got thrashed by him as well - given that he's won 71 games in a row on RHP, I think we know who is going to win the tournament.

Probably, but I'm going to study up the game more before I play my second game with him. Miracles can happen, and then, at least, we can debit him with a loss on the way to his trophy.

20 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Probably, but I'm going to study up the game more before I play my second game with him. Miracles can happen, and then, at least, we can debit him with a loss on the way to his trophy.

I studied up, it didn't help. 

Give me a year and I'll beat him.

@Ozymandias, thanks for the game! 

I was worried when you moved your Queen out to attack. But I think you exposed your King as a result. 

Good game.

Edited by danydandan

2 minutes ago, danydandan said:

@Ozymandias, thanks for the game! 

I was worried when you moved your Queen out to attack. But I think you exposed your King as a result. 

Good game.

I know it will come over as an excuse (which obviously it is!:)) but I really don't have the time to give to my chess games. However, that is not to detract from my opponents' ability or deny them their deserved wins. Clearly you are all playing extremely well and much better than I. I live in hope.

• Like 1

I play chess on chess.com. Can anyone explain to me how things work here?

Edited by TrumanB

9 hours ago, TrumanB said:

I play chess on chess.com. Can anyone explain to me how things work here?

• Thanks 1

Do you think you can use the conditional move function as a weapon? 

Like a "ah...... I know what you're going to do, thus my plan is working" type thing?

Sort of like a demoralising tactic?

• Haha 1

Internet down this morning...bad storms.  Scores updated!

35 minutes ago, joc said:

Internet down this morning...bad storms.  Scores updated!

No excuses Joc. 

Only messing with ye. I'm very appreciative of your work here.

• Haha 1

I'm here guys just moved thanks for waiting still wont be super fast just whenever I walk to store for wifi I can move :) but I'll come as much as possible or if a friend tethers me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@Still Waters you be good at chess. Refrain from being good so I can win our game. Please and thank you!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, danydandan said:

@Still Waters you be good at chess. Refrain from being good so I can win our game. Please and thank you!

Bold tactic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, AtlantisRises said:

Bold tactic.

Pleading is my only option at this stage.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, danydandan said:

Pleading is my only option at this stage.

When you gave me the opportinity to exchange our queens for the second time, I took it. I didn't know if you expected me to do that or not but I thought if I did it would help equal things out a bit.  Anyway you still have the upper hand and it feels like I'm holding on for dear life!

Good game I'm enjoying it, but I think you're more likely to win than I am :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Still Waters said:

When you gave me the opportinity to exchange our queens for the second time, I took it. I didn't know if you expected me to do that or not but I thought if I did it would help equal things out a bit.  Anyway you still have the upper hand and it feels like I'm holding on for dear life!

Good game I'm enjoying it, but I think you're more likely to win than I am :)

I didn't think you'd exchange. But I seen no other weaknesses so I thought as I had control of the middle it would be better if I just chipped away.

I'm now not so sure that was the correct thing to do.

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Still Waters said:

Anyway you still have the upper hand and it feels like I'm holding on for dear life!

Quite a testament to the progress @danydandanhas made in his chess career.  In one tournament from...which square does the King go on...to...some kind of upcoming Master of the Game.

Somehow...that is not really surprising to me!  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, joc said:

Quite a testament to the progress @danydandanhas made in his chess career.  In one tournament from...which square does the King go on...to...some kind of upcoming Master of the Game.

Somehow...that is not really surprising to me!  

I just have feck all else to do on the days I don't work. So I have plenty of time to improve.

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 1