Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

General tournament chat

joc

7 hours ago, danydandan said:

@Still Waters you be good at chess. Refrain from being good so I can win our game. Please and thank you!

It's not me that's good at chess lol!

3 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Good game I'm enjoying it, but I think you're more likely to win than I am :)

See, I told you!  Well played dany :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

It's not me that's good at chess lol!

See, I told you!  Well played dany :)

Would you be so inclined to start our second game? I can't watch Rubgyball anymore it's too boring.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Would you be so inclined to start our second game? 

Done. It's your turn to go first. Good luck to both of us.

• Thanks 1

We have a cyclone that is most likely going to hit us in a couple of days. It might be as much as a Cat3 storm. I don't know how much if any reception I will have during and after the event so might be away for a little.

Will update as the storm gets closer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AtlantisRises said:

We have a cyclone that is most likely going to hit us in a couple of days. It might be as much as a Cat3 storm. I don't know how much if any reception I will have during and after the event so might be away for a little.

Will update as the storm gets closer.

I'm sure we will be keeping a close eye on it as well...take care...been through one in Gulf port, Mississippi before...not a picnic...not fun...take care!  Thanks for the update! 

• Thanks 1

Looking like the storm will be upgraded to a Cat4 soon. It is likely we will have mandatory evacuations in the morning.

So might be on the road for a little while.

It is rather exciting in an impending doom sort of way.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AtlantisRises said:

Looking like the storm will be upgraded to a Cat4 soon. It is likely we will have mandatory evacuations in the morning.

Hope all is ok.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, danydandan said:

Hope all is ok.

I genuinely don't know. Have been through about 6 cyclone warnings over the years and they have all fizzled to nothing.

If the Bureau of Meteorology are to be believed it will hit us square on which would be devastating.

Crocodiles in the Streets. Starring AtlantisRises as a rather tough old piece of crocodile food.

But on the other hand when are weathermen ever right.

But we will be running away for perhaps a week and see how it looks on the return.

The uncertainty at this point is the worst part. Possibly not as bad as being digested by a giant lizard but close.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AtlantisRises said:

I genuinely don't know. Have been through about 6 cyclone warnings over the years and they have all fizzled to nothing.

If the Bureau of Meteorology are to be believed it will hit us square on which would be devastating.

Crocodiles in the Streets. Starring AtlantisRises as a rather tough old piece of crocodile food.

But on the other hand when are weathermen ever right.

But we will be running away for perhaps a week and see how it looks on the return.

The uncertainty at this point is the worst part. Possibly not as bad as being digested by a giant lizard but close.

At least you know where you stand with the giant lizard. Uncertainty is far worse.

What if you run and the cyclone see you running and chases you? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AtlantisRises said:

The Temperatures of the waters are very, very warm...I don't see this thing getting any smaller unfortunately.  What city are you close to and where will you be evacuating to?  

11 minutes ago, joc said:

The Temperatures of the waters are very, very warm...I don't see this thing getting any smaller unfortunately.  What city are you close to and where will you be evacuating to?  

I am in a tiny town called Borroloola. About a seven hour drive to Katherine as the closest city.

We right on the gulf. Most of the predictions have the storm coming very close to us. However I have seen so many similar storms change direction.

We are going to Evacuate to Katherine for now and see what is happening from there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AtlantisRises said:

I am in a tiny town called Borroloola. About a seven hour drive to Katherine as the closest city.

We right on the gulf. Most of the predictions have the storm coming very close to us. However I have seen so many similar storms change direction.

We are going to Evacuate to Katherine for now and see what is happening from there.

Keep safe. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AtlantisRises said:

Geeze!   Just a word...Procrastination is not one's friend....especially with the wrath of the Almighty Cyclone....yeah...keep safe!

• Like 1

@Still Waters I think our game is going to play out into a draw. Unless you do something mad that I haven't taken into account.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, danydandan said:

@Still Waters I think our game is going to play out into a draw. Unless you do something mad that I haven't taken into account.

I'm happy to call it a draw if you want that too.

I've no mad moves up my sleeve and at the moment I'm not sure which piece to move next. I'd rather keep them all where they are lol. I have to go offline now for a bit but will study our game when I come back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Still Waters said:

I'm happy to call it a draw if you want that too.

I've no mad moves up my sleeve and at the moment I'm not sure which piece to move next. I'd rather keep them all where they are lol. I have to go offline now for a bit but will study our game when I come back. 

No draw, not yet anyways. 

• Like 1

On 3/20/2019 at 2:53 AM, AtlantisRises said:

Stay safe! 

• Thanks 1

@Still Waters I think that is the only conclusion now.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, danydandan said:

@Still Waters I think that is the only conclusion now.

Possibly. I'll go with that if you will. Are you ready to call it a draw now?

4 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

Possibly. I'll go with that if you will. Are you ready to call it a draw now?

Yeah I just offered up a draw. Great game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Yeah I just offered up a draw. Great game.

You play well dany. Thank you for both our games.

I'm free!!!

@-Nuke-, you are all I have left to play. When you're ready throw me a challenge.

Is anyone actively playing Nuke?

Is he still active? 

• Like 1