Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

General tournament chat

joc

This thread is for any discussions at all relating to the chess tournament, whether it be to chat about a match, talk about chess tactics or anything at all to do with chess.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, joc said:

Just a reminder for anyone who wishes to participate:

Register an account with your User Name at  https://www.redhotpawn.com.

To find another UM member ....click on New Game....then click on Player Directory..type in player's user name and hit search.

5c35fe1b617ea_playerdirectory.jpg.a95aa79ca69918fce116d98b274cb584.jpg

I'm open to do warm ups, if anyone wants to just let me know.

• Like 1

Shoot me a game if you want Spartan.

AtlantisRises1 on RHP.

I need to get rid of the rust.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to General tournament chat
37 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I'm open to do warm ups, if anyone wants to just let me know.

I've started a challenge game with you, spartan max2. The game is called Beginner's Luck and I am white and have made my first move. THis is my first chess match in over 50 years!!!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I've started a challenge game with you, spartan max2. The game is called Beginner's Luck and I am white and have made my first move. THis is my first chess match in over 50 years!!!

oh haha, I started the game before seeing this post, I thought that name looked familiar 

• Haha 1

Guys how in the blue hell do you turn off email notifications for each move. I have about 5000 emails today. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

oh god thanks, I didn't even realize I was getting a thousand emails lol

• Haha 1

I'm totally open to practice games with anyone, to get used to the UI. My username on there is also Podo.

• Like 1

If you haven't played on the site...keep in mind the Analysis Board.  Look for it in the same frame as Submit Move or Refresh Page

In the Analysis Board...you can move not only your pieces, but your opponents pieces...and there is a forward and back button to move the Analysis Board back as far as want....it's pretty cool... :tu:

analyse.jpg.51e541e248152e95b98875cfd723e58c.jpg

• Thanks 1

That's handy Joc. 

I'm on my phone using the App it's very very good.

• Thanks 1

this is going to sound juvenile, but how the heck do you LOG OUT of RHP?   Yeah, yeah, I'm getting senile.

10 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

this is going to sound juvenile, but how the heck do you LOG OUT of RHP?   Yeah, yeah, I'm getting senile.

You can't. Your in forever!!!!!!!

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

click on the circle at the top that would be your avatar if you had one...then look below for the Sign Out button

Edited by joc

thanks, joc. I thought I would have Dany for a roommate for all eternity!  AGhhhhhhhhhhh!

• Haha 1

Just now, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

thanks, joc. I thought I would have Dany for a roommate for all eternity!  AGhhhhhhhhhhh!

You'd be blessed if that was the case. 

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, danydandan said:

You can't. Your in forever!!!!!!!

excuse my ignorance here but folk could use a chess computer if they felt the need= how will you know?

3 hours ago, Dejarma said:

excuse my ignorance here but folk could use a chess computer if they felt the need= how will you know?

No one would know, we just trust the UM people do not care about a pointless friendly competition with no reward enough to "cheat" lol 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

No one would know, we just trust the UM people do not care about a pointless friendly competition with no reward enough to "cheat" lol 

Agreed. Is just a game between mates. Not like Saru is going to post out a check to the winner... I would prefer cash in an envelope btw...

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, AtlantisRises said:

Agreed. Is just a game between mates. Not like Saru is going to post out a check to the winner... I would prefer cash in an envelope btw...

Ya, but I have a couple of potentials in here that if I play them and actually win, I'm going to demand a beer (or ale) of my choice as compensense, in what they call a "yard"...?  Have I got the lingo down??  Ya, and of course, I will pony up if I lose :--)   It's a pride thing 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Ya, but I have a couple of potentials in here that if I play them and actually win, I'm going to demand a beer (or ale) of my choice as compensense, in what they call a "yard"...?  Have I got the lingo down??  Ya, and of course, I will pony up if I lose :--)   It's a pride thing 

If you cheat for a matter of pride then there are some real issues involved.

Though a tabbed beer is a true gentleman's wager.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dejarma said:

Chess is a lot like life...it takes a considerable amount of thought to be successful.  You have to think about consequences for actions, rewards for actions, dangers yet unseen, and a strategy that will help you get ahead.

Cheating at chess is like...lol...I don't even know what it's like...what is the point in trying to cheat?  It's like maybe telling the little boy in the playground...Hey, my Dad can whip your ass!  It just doesn't prove anything.  It is impossible to get a high from cheating at chess...but when you win...you know you did something right...and if nothing else, there is a good feeling to be had from that. :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, joc said:

Chess is a lot like life...it takes a considerable amount of thought to be successful.  You have to think about consequences for actions, rewards for actions, dangers yet unseen, and a strategy that will help you get ahead.

Cheating at chess is like...lol...I don't even know what it's like...what is the point in trying to cheat?  It's like maybe telling the little boy in the playground...Hey, my Dad can whip your ass!  It just doesn't prove anything.  It is impossible to get a high from cheating at chess...but when you win...you know you did something right...and if nothing else, there is a good feeling to be had from that. :)

Agreed. Has been a very long time since I played seriously, but most kitchens I have worked in, particularly those on ship have a chess   board along with a deck of cards, maybe an Uno deck or a backgammon board for those moments where you can't quite pretend to be doing any work.

A good win always makes you feel like you have achieved something special. And a solid loss makes you want to improve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1