Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
joc

General tournament chat

619 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

AtlantisRises
2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I'm sitting at 2 wins, 1 loss currently <_<

I enjoyed our game mate.

1-nil here.

Saru is giving me a good run though. 

Everyone else feel free to  shoot a challenge.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan

@joc what does having star under your username indicate on RHP?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc

how many moves a player has made

5c37cac77beac_chessstars.jpg.8afc597835e7cc8260545c9fa9b25610.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc

Once you've played 6 games you can set an avatar if you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
9 minutes ago, joc said:

how many moves a player has made

5c37cac77beac_chessstars.jpg.8afc597835e7cc8260545c9fa9b25610.jpg

Oh God, I'm playing a guy with 520,000 moves. He beat me in 9 moves the first game, I'm up to 14 now. So that's an improvement.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
Just now, danydandan said:

Oh God, I'm playing a guy with 520,000 moves. He beat me in 9 moves the first game, I'm up to 14 now. So that's an improvement.

9 moves?  Seriously?   oh this is going to be so much fun.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
3 minutes ago, joc said:

9 moves?  Seriously?   oh this is going to be so much fun.....

Actually he beat me on sixteenth move. Nine was stuck in my head for some reason. 

Edited by danydandan
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
1 minute ago, danydandan said:

Actually he beat me on sixteenth move. 9 was stuck in my head for some reason. 

right....  You are probably a pool shark of a chess player...just settin' us up to be wiped off the board...

Edited by joc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AtlantisRises

The star indicates if you are paying subscriber  or not. Paying a few bucks a year allows you to play as many games as you want concurrently as well asjoin tournaments etc.

I played there about 10 years ago after the last UM tournament and had a blast for a few months until the real world took over.

I subscribed again and I hope that I can spend some time working on my chess for a while.

One of the guys I am currently playing has over 2500 games being played concurrently which seems rather ridiculous.

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
1 minute ago, AtlantisRises said:

One of the guys I am currently playing has over 2500 games being played concurrently which seems rather ridiculous.

How in the blue hell is that person doing that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
2 minutes ago, joc said:

right....  You are probably a pool shark of a chess player...just settin' us up to be wiped off the board...

Literally setting you up to wipe me off the board. That's how good I am.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
2 minutes ago, AtlantisRises said:

The star indicates if you are paying subscriber  or not. Paying a few bucks a year allows you to play as many games as you want concurrently as well asjoin tournaments etc.

I played there about 10 years ago after the last UM tournament and had a blast for a few months until the real world took over.

I subscribed again and I hope that I can spend some time working on my chess for a while.

One of the guys I am currently playing has over 2500 games being played concurrently which seems rather ridiculous.

That's 2495 more than I have going on.  Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AtlantisRises
1 minute ago, danydandan said:

How in the blue hell is that person doing that?

I genuinely have no idea. He has a low rating so I guess he prefers quantity over quality.

I am enjoying getting back into the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
5 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Literally setting you up to wipe me off the board. That's how good I am.

Okay...here is a tip. 

Before you actually make a move...make sure that no one can take your piece...sounds silly, but I don't know how many stupid moves I've made where I just go DOH! the second after I make a move.  Like crossing a busy street...look back and forth a few times.:yes:

Edited by joc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
1 hour ago, AtlantisRises said:

I enjoyed our game mate.

1-nil here.

Saru is giving me a good run though. 

Everyone else feel free to  shoot a challenge.

Strange thing, Atlantis, I tried challenging you and it said that you had a self imposed limit of 10 games and could not accept more.

chall me if you like. Earl of Trumps, no periods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AtlantisRises
1 minute ago, joc said:

Okay...here is a tip. 

Before you actually make a move...make sure that no one can take your piece...sounds silly, but I don't know how many stupid moves I've made where I just go DOH! the second after I make a move.  Like crossing a busy street...look back and forth a few times.:yes:

Sounds like you are setting up a false sense of security before you perform some incredible sacrifices.

Remember not to sacrifice your king....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
3 minutes ago, AtlantisRises said:

I genuinely have no idea. He has a low rating so I guess he prefers quantity over quality.

I am enjoying getting back into the game.

I hope he has his email notifications turned off. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AtlantisRises
3 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Strange thing, Atlantis, I tried challenging you and it said that you had a self imposed limit of 10 games and could not accept more.

chall me if you like. Earl of Trumps, no periods.

Ahh. I see. That was defaulted in my settings. Have got rid of the limit if anyone wants to challenge me and shot you a challenge.

Thankyou for bringing it to my attention.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps

Carumba!  Do any of my opponents ever sleep, for god's sake? :cry:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
15 hours ago, danydandan said:

I hope he has his email notifications turned off. 

Oh, Father...  I see you have learned  how to use another feature on the RedHotPawn chess board... the "Resign" button.  Yes, Father. This can sometimes be a holy blessing, if you know what I mean

:D  

PS:  Dany, You played the opening like Karsparov.  Then what? OMG!

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps

joc, Saru,  what do you think about putting an orange "Chess Tourney Participant"  on all signed up players to get attention and drum up a few more customers

Joc, your orange "Tournament Director" stuck out like a soar thumb. Know what I mean?  just a thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
14 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Oh, Father...  I see you have learned  how to use another feature on the RedHotPawn chess board... the "Resign" button.  Yes, Father. This can sometimes be a holy blessing, if you know what I mean

:D  

No point in flogging a beaten horse. Or prolonging it's agony so resignation from an unwinnable situation is preferable to torture and offering a draw would be moot. 

Are you playing chess long? 

I see I'm well below the average amount of moves in a game which 40. Has anyone got to a 40 move game?

 

Edited by danydandan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
1 minute ago, danydandan said:

No point in flogging a beaten horse. Or prolonging it's agony so resignation from an unwinnable situation is preferable to torture and offering a draw would be moot. 

Are you playing chess long? 

 

yup. since I was about 10.  Haven't played in a long while.  But a lot of this stuff I just rely on memory,reflexes. USed to play a lot of speed chess and correspondence chess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
danydandan
7 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

yup. since I was about 10.  Haven't played in a long while.  But a lot of this stuff I just rely on memory,reflexes. USed to play a lot of speed chess and correspondence chess

Your basically a professional. If I've played 50 games of chess in my lifetime I think I'd be over estimating. 

Can't even get beginner's luck.

Playing chess on speed can't be good for you by the way.

Edited by danydandan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earl.Of.Trumps
2 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Your basically a professional. If I've played 50 games of chess in my lifetime I think I'd be over estimating. 

Can't even get beginner's luck.

you do quite good for just 50 games, Dany. But it's fun. Not sure if I call my self a pro lol, but I am a life member of United States Chess Federation. Chess was my main thing in life until I met Wifie. I knew that I had to get out of chess when the kids came on board. Really haven't played much since. Last game was about 3,4 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.