Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

General tournament chat

joc

12 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

How does the tournament structure go? it is just the highest scores in each bracket move on?

Joc just told me that top 3 move to second round. It's posted above.

14 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

How does the tournament structure go? it is just the highest scores in each bracket move on?

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

@joc, help me out here.  What gets you to round 2?

For round two, the top 3 scoring players from each group, are put in to a pool and randomized again in to groups of 3. The top scoring players from round 1 are each placed in a different group for round 2. Each player will again play each other player within their own group twice with the same scoring system.

3 hours ago, Still Waters said:

No worries, I've deleted the game. Thank you for letting me know. 

Thanks for that, SW. :) Maybe I should just resign the three non-tourney games and concentrate on our private competition. in mitigation I should say that I am working fulltime and things are a little heavy right now - not optimum circumstances for competing at chess!  

I wasnt offline I think I was using wrong browser so I think I'm booted from tournament but I definitely have been on every day lol 

34 minutes ago, -Nuke- said:

I wasnt offline I think I was using wrong browser so I think I'm booted from tournament but I definitely have been on every day lol 

Sweet, I was wondering where you were. You are in my bracket 

I'm going to finish a few games up before I start another though. 

3 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Sweet, I was wondering where you were. You are in my bracket 

I'm going to finish a few games up before I start another though. 

Wait so I'm still in ? My name is NukeUM on that site I've never used it but I need to know who i am playing and when

13 minutes ago, -Nuke- said:

Wait so I'm still in ? My name is NukeUM on that site I've never used it but I need to know who i am playing and when

Oh idk, you have to ask joc. I haven't been following what's going on haha

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

Oh idk, you have to ask joc. I haven't been following what's going on haha

Thank you I have the app now too I just wanna know which games are tournament games and which ones are random I will try to talk to him thanks alot

8 minutes ago, -Nuke- said:

Thank you I have the app now too I just wanna know which games are tournament games and which ones are random I will try to talk to him thanks alot

Unfortunately currently you are not.   If  there were two more who wanted to play we could add each one to a bracket.  Know anyone else on UM who might be interested?

Edited by joc

6 minutes ago, joc said:

Unfortunately currently you are not.   If  there were two more who wanted to play we could add each one to a bracket.  Know anyone else on UM who might be interested?

Does that include me in the two? And is there a way to give me a bye or something I soo wanted to play I even made the thread where did the tournaments go Haha but i will go hunting for players... or if someone drops out let me know via PM please

Just now, -Nuke- said:

Does that include me in the two? And is there a way to give me a bye or something I soo wanted to play I even made the thread where did the tournaments go Haha but i will go hunting for players... or if someone drops out let me know via PM please

Right now there are 3 groups of 5 each.  We would need 3 to even out the grid.  you and two others.  I still am unable to bring you up. :hmm:

4 minutes ago, joc said:

Right now there are 3 groups of 5 each.  We would need 3 to even out the grid.  you and two others.  I still am unable to bring you up. :hmm:

What's your name on there?

1 minute ago, -Nuke- said:

What's your name on there?

joc44

1 minute ago, joc said:

joc44

Just found you. Made u my first buddy

Just now, -Nuke- said:

Just found you. Made u my first buddy

send me a message......see if that comes up

9 minutes ago, joc said:

I know its kind of irrelevant but would 4 groups of 4 or 2 of 8 make it better with 5 doesn't someone not play? Well I guess I was tryin to get a bye haha

1 minute ago, joc said:

send me a message......see if that comes up

I got yours and replied twice 

i got your message

but I still cannot find you in the Players Directory...I posted a question about that on their forum

Just now, joc said:

i got your message

but I still cannot find you in the Players Directory...I posted a question about that on their forum

That's very weird... a real unexplained mystery for sure. I dont want you to waste your time if I end up not being able to play anyway 

Just now, -Nuke- said:

That's very weird... a real unexplained mystery for sure. I dont want you to waste your time if I end up not being able to play anyway 

Atlantis says we can't find you because you don't have any games yet...so challenge me to a game

2 minutes ago, joc said:

i got your message

I think it just shows 50 people in the players directory.  Did you try searching me directly? It's also saying you haven't been active in almost 4hours but you just messaged me.

3 minutes ago, joc said:

Atlantis says we can't find you because you don't have any games yet...so challenge me to a game

I think were playing 5 games now :[

Good games joc and Atlantis. Atlantis I will get my revenge in the tournament if we get one more person! And joc will get his! Great games thanks guys

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, -Nuke- said:

Good games joc and Atlantis. Atlantis I will get my revenge in the tournament if we get one more person! And joc will get his! Great games thanks guys

No worries dude. You played really well.

I had a good advantage out of the opening but it took a LONG time to pin you down.

Was 2 mating attacks that I  was pretty confident in that you managed to squeeze out of.

Truly hope that you get to join the Tournament somewhere.

• Thanks 1