Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

General tournament chat

joc

1 hour ago, joc said:

Sadness indeed! I  have decided the only way to avoid these devestating mistakes is to completely review every piece of the opponents...before the move is actually made.   An opponent only has 14 pieces.  Methodically trace the possible paths of every piece.  Bishops...check!  Knights...check!  Pawns...check!   Queen...check!  King...check!  Castles...check!   Pawns...recheck!  Bishops...recheck!  Especially the Bishops and the pawns!  They move diagonally, but our brains think in a more linear format.  Pawns and Bishops...check and recheck! 

I think the horses are the trickiest,mainly because they don't move in a straight line,and they are so versatile,im trying to use them more now.

Regarding my queen disaster,i know my brain doesn't work early in the morning,so,another valuable lesson learned.

• Like 1

If anyone wants to play me, I am Gummug on chess.com.  Please let me know you are from UM, I would be happy for a game  (or two or three etc.) of chess.

@GoldenWolf @diddyman68 @danydandan @joc

Hey guys! I need some help. I'm having some trouble with a guy on RHP.

Full story:

Spoiler

On July 14th a game suddenly appeared in my RHP inbox. A guy from Brazil named Mishka. (I did not sign up for games with random people.)
I checked here on UM to see if he was one of us, but it didn't seem so. But to be sure, I made a move to ask him. (I thought I had four moves to ask questions, before the delete option vanished, but it was only two.) I told him I didn't want to play. He said okay. When he agreed not to play, the delete option was gone.
I then kindly asked him to resign or offer me a draw, since he had made the game rated. He refused. I then contacted the site admin to get the game deleted or unrated, but they were unable to do either.
I told Mishka about the situation, and begged him once again for a draw, but he refused. So I'm forced to play, and risk my hard earned rating.
During the discussion with him, we made moves, and he took advantage of the distraction by capturing a pawn and a knight. So he has an advantage.

I really need to beat this guy. He's rude, cynical and has shown bad sportsmanship. Getting a lower rating because of him, does not seem fair. Giving him the satisfaction of winning would be unbearable.

Will someone please help me beat him?

Edited by zep73

47 minutes ago, diddyman68 said:

I'll have a look.

1 minute ago, GoldenWolf said:

I guarantee he is planning to move his knight to F7.

Will you guys help me? Then I'll make a thread for the match, where you can offer your advice for the best moves.

Personally id move my queen to  f 6 .that gives your king space to move,if he checks with the bish.

Whatever you do dont move the pawn on f.coz he'll check with queen then take your bish.

Since he's ranked higher than you , I don't think you'll lose many points if you lose.

I tried challenging him but he's not accepting any more games.

I'll keep an eye on your game and help out when i can,but he may be a better player than me,

Good luck.keep calm and focused

1 minute ago, zep73 said:

Will you guys help me? Then I'll make a thread for the match, where you can offer your advice for the best moves.

I'll help to a limited degree.

3 minutes ago, diddyman68 said:

Personally id move my queen to  f 6 .that gives your king space to move,if he checks with the bish.

Whatever you do dont move the pawn on f.coz he'll check with queen then take your bish.

Since he's ranked higher than you , I don't think you'll lose many points if you lose.

I tried challenging him but he's not accepting any more games.

I'll keep an eye on your game and help out when i can,but he may be a better player than me,

Good luck.keep calm and focused

No.  He needs to protect the F7 square and not with the Queen.

Edited by GoldenWolf

@zep73 By default, Redhotpawn allows people to challenge you.  You have to manually change it through settings.  On any page where you see  z7, click the circle then click where it says my settings.  Then click challenge settings.  Then under Game limits is maximum games.

Maximum number of concurrent games before preventing challenges. Other 'Red Hot Pawn Chess' users will only be able to challenge you when you have fewer than this number of active games. You will still be able to initiate games yourself above this limit.

If you do not wish to be challenged, set it to 0.

22 minutes ago, zep73 said:
23 minutes ago, zep73 said:

guarantee he is planning to move his knight to F7.

I think he is planning bishop to f7,zep can then only move his king forward.then he goes horse c6 check,then takes zeps queen.

So i suggest queen f6,then the king is free to move along the back line.

@zep73 bish e6,i never even seen that.:tu:

@zep73

Good Game!  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, joc said:

@zep73

Good Game!  

Thanks! You were aggressive from the start, that took me by surprise. It was a regular bloodbath that could have gone both ways. Next time your hiney is mine! :tu:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, zep73 said:

@spartan max2 I've challenged you!

Oh God lol.

Let me see if I still know how to log in haha.

• Haha 1

@zep73

It's begins, if I win I'm going to claim I'm better but if I lose I'm going to blame it on being out if practice :gun: lol.

• Haha 2

On 8/3/2020 at 10:30 PM, spartan max2 said:

@zep73

It's begins, if I win I'm going to claim I'm better but if I lose I'm going to blame it on being out if practice :gun: lol.

Sorry about ending the game so soon. Next time I'll be a much worthier opponent :tu:

Now all I'm missing is a test game against @Pettytalk & @SeekTruth. Up for it?

Edited by zep73
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2020 at 11:29 AM, zep73 said:

Sorry about ending the game so soon. Next time I'll be a much worthier opponent :tu:

Terrible blunder on my part. Down big now. Can I make a comeback of it??

22 hours ago, SeekTruth said:

Terrible blunder on my part. Down big now. Can I make a comeback of it??

Don't call it a comeback!

On 7/31/2020 at 2:34 PM, zep73 said:

@GoldenWolf @diddyman68 @danydandan @joc

Hey guys! I need some help. I'm having some trouble with a guy on RHP.

Full story:

Hide contents

On July 14th a game suddenly appeared in my RHP inbox. A guy from Brazil named Mishka. (I did not sign up for games with random people.)
I checked here on UM to see if he was one of us, but it didn't seem so. But to be sure, I made a move to ask him. (I thought I had four moves to ask questions, before the delete option vanished, but it was only two.) I told him I didn't want to play. He said okay. When he agreed not to play, the delete option was gone.
I then kindly asked him to resign or offer me a draw, since he had made the game rated. He refused. I then contacted the site admin to get the game deleted or unrated, but they were unable to do either.
I told Mishka about the situation, and begged him once again for a draw, but he refused. So I'm forced to play, and risk my hard earned rating.
During the discussion with him, we made moves, and he took advantage of the distraction by capturing a pawn and a knight. So he has an advantage.

I really need to beat this guy. He's rude, cynical and has shown bad sportsmanship. Getting a lower rating because of him, does not seem fair. Giving him the satisfaction of winning would be unbearable.

Will someone please help me beat him?

Is this game still going on?

Apologies for not seeing this, time is sparse with my new job.?

Just now, danydandan said:

Is this game still going on?

Apologies for not seeing this, time is sparse with my new job.?

No. I gave up and quit, because no one could see it ending well.

On 8/5/2020 at 4:29 PM, zep73 said:

I have not heard from Pettytalk in over three months, I fear and dread to say something bad has befallen my chessbuddy.I rally hope he is okay.

• Sad 1