Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

It is now possible to buy a treadmill for your cat

17 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

 
jmccr8
36 minutes ago, UM-Bot said:

Korean company Pet Ding has designed and built a circular treadmill intended to help your cat exercise.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/324695/it-is-now-possible-to-buy-a-treadmill-for-your-cat

Well, I don't know, is there any way to keep a treat bowl moving in front of them, you know just to keep them motivated.

jmccr8

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
41 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Well, I don't know, is there any way to keep a treat bowl moving in front of them, you know just to keep them motivated.

Motivated? The only thing that makes a cat want to run, is either fear, or a small animal escaping.

Cats don't cooperate. It's just not their thing.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
Just now, sci-nerd said:

Motivated? The only thing that makes a cat want to run, is either fear, or a small animal escaping.

Cats don't cooperate. It's just not their thing.

Catnip?

jmccr8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
Just now, jmccr8 said:

Catnip?

Nope, that just messes with their senses. They experience it like we do vanilla. Some cats don't even care.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Troublehalf
Posted (edited)

Cat's can be trained just as well as dogs. Russian Cat Circuses prove this.
 

I realise treats are involved in the act itself but still requires the cats cooperation. As for the 'toy' itself. The old joke will always be said; they'll much prefer the box it came in.

 

Edited by Troublehalf
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

Nope, that just messes with their senses. They experience it like we do vanilla. Some cats don't even care.

I know, that's why I'm single.:lol:

jmccr8

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seti42

For about 5-10 bucks you can buy a laser pointer and get your cat to run up and down a hallway everyday.
I've been doing that for years, lol.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
8 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

Motivated? The only thing that makes a cat want to run, is either fear, or a small animal escaping.

Cats don't cooperate. It's just not their thing.

or a laser dot.

when we come back from weekend away our cat runs towards us, rubs his head against our legs and purrs. but usually he minds his own business.  he does come like a dog when called but not everytime.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77

We used to have our pitbulls and American Bulldogs jog on the treadmill all the time. A tired pet is a happy pet!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
7 hours ago, Troublehalf said:

Cat's can be trained just as well as dogs. Russian Cat Circuses prove this.
 

I realise treats are involved in the act itself but still requires the cats cooperation. As for the 'toy' itself. The old joke will always be said; they'll much prefer the box it came in.

 

they are trainable, just not as much or as many as dogs, i bet that cat trainer tried many cats before he found one that he can train.

yea they love boxes,  or bags, or anything they can get into.  if you want to put a cat in a bag, do not bother doing it yourself, leave a bag on the floor, and a cat will get in by itself, mine does it every time i put a laundry bag on the floor, and it does not have to be empty.

Edited by aztek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter

As someone who has invented a great selling exercise cat toy selling for five bucks, I'm getting a kick out of this. 

Hank

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
21 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

As someone who has invented a great selling exercise cat toy selling for five bucks, I'm getting a kick out of this. 

Hank

Oh? Please do tell!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hankenhunter
1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Oh? Please do tell!

If it's okay with you, it might be better in a p.m. I don't want to, nor be accused of advertising on UM. I value this place too much.

Hank

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 minute ago, Hankenhunter said:

If it's okay with you, it might be better in a p.m. I don't want to, nor be accused of advertising on UM. I value this place too much.

Hank

Of course! Also please dont feel compelled to share anything if you dont want to!  (I dont get the impression that you would but thought I should throw that out there)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sci-nerd
9 hours ago, aztek said:

when we come back from weekend away our cat runs towards us, rubs his head against our legs and purrs.

He's saying: It's good you are home, food provider! Now feed me!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hal White

funny thing is there already is a Cat treadmill. Its even been featured on Tested the Adam Savage youtube.. Its called one Fast cat.. 

Ill let you search it out if you like but its a fraction of the cost (getting one for my cats soon) and Brilliant idea of the laser pointer shining on it. 

Like that thinking :)

I have 3 cats (yes call me crazy) and they need more exercise. So Im going to get one and if I remember this post Ill send a video clip of

each trying it out. Im not affiliated with them I think its a great idea but I feel a tiny bit of re engineering is needed. Was going to 3d print my own but 

That would cost me more than the one already made. So work with what you got. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.